The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

DrYouth

Re: The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Post by DrYouth » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:27 pm

Stealing money from people to care for the elderly and finance the military (not in that order)... since the advent of the state.

Makes a half-decent slogan I suppose.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Okeefenokee

Re: The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:54 pm

I love how these sorry sacks are pretending like nursing homes are the product of hard times, and that we didn't have them in the past because times were better.

It's all just people responding to difficult times beyond their control.

This is horseshit. Nursing homes are a symptom of opulence, not austerity. Shithole countries where everyone is broke don't have nursing homes. The only place nursing homes exist are in wealthy nations where people have the dough to pawn their elders off on strangers.

Out of sight, out of mind. Someone else's problem now.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:09 pm

I have to agree that westerners as a lot do a relatively crap job of taking care of their elders.

As a whole we idealize youth and seem to have a confused relationship with aging and the aged.

We devalue experience as a whole and idealize cutting-edge knowledge.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:18 pm

I've given it some thought and decided rather than killing myself I will simply fly to Alaska, rent a car, and wander off into the wilderness like the wagon burners did. I'll put a DNR on my license.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:21 pm

Case in point.

Aging is underrated.

Shocking statistic is that people who are older rate themselves as happier on average, the older the happier.

Plan for a long healthy old age and you will have one.

But maybe don't plan on having your kids take care of you... they are unlikely to.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:49 pm

DrYouth wrote:I have to agree that westerners as a lot do a relatively crap job of taking care of their elders.

As a whole we idealize youth and seem to have a confused relationship with aging and the aged.

We devalue experience as a whole and idealize cutting-edge knowledge.
Also has to do with cultural attitudes about the primacy of the nuclear family, being willing to move around the country to find employment, and the acceptance of having two wage earners rather than one. As a practical matter, it's very difficult to do all that stuff while simultaneously caring for an extended family.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:52 pm

de officiis wrote:Also has to do with cultural attitudes about the primacy of the nuclear family, being willing to move around the country to find employment, and the acceptance of having two wage earners rather than one. As a practical matter, it's very difficult to do all that stuff while simultaneously caring for an extended family.
+1

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:52 pm

I heard it was degeneracy that made it hard to care for extended family. :think:
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Degeneracy make most things difficult.

It's just that degenerates are blissfully ignorant of this. ;)

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:18 pm

Nukedog wrote:I've given it some thought and decided rather than killing myself I will simply fly to Alaska, rent a car, and wander off into the wilderness like the wagon burners did. I'll put a DNR on my license.
I got the "DNR" t-shirt. I would recommend something more explicit, like that. When the heroes arrive at your school bus in the mountains, they may not have time to rifle through your wallet while you are still alive; although there will be plenty of time for that back at the station.

Suicide delayed is suicide denied.