NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

skankhunt42

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by skankhunt42 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:57 pm

I've not talked about this much but I'm from Chicago. Die hard Hawks fan. I hope we destroy all of your dreams. We've been here multiple times in the last couple of years.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:00 pm

StCapps wrote:Boyle with the dirty back pass knowing the defender had no stick, making up for that dumb penalty from last game. Good shit.
Indeed, Boyle is value added, I'm a big Boyle fan, great play by Matt Martin too, goes in heavy and cycles the puck down low to Boyle, but it was similar to Kapanen's first NHL goal, the goal that saved the playoffs, he's got a goal scorers nose for the net, he knows how to get separation, unchecks himself, and then he has the patience not to chase it, but just makes himself available...

... the kid is clutch, remember the WJC? All he does is score big goals...

Nec Aspera Terrent

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:14 am

Bruins have no chance - see ya'll next season....

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:27 am

I almost feel bad for Blue Jackets fans.......almost. :lol:
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:20 am

skankhunt42 wrote:I've not talked about this much but I'm from Chicago. Die hard Hawks fan. I hope we destroy all of your dreams. We've been here multiple times in the last couple of years.
Not this year... :(

I have no idea what happened, but I've never seen such weak, listless play from them. Add in a couple of BAD calls last night, and they never had a chance.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:31 am

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:44 am

lol Caps! Oh Smitty has to be loving this! I know a couple of you are upset that the Hawks are going down but the Capitols play so far has been the most shocking of the playoffs. Somebody might want to inform the Caps that the Presidents Trophy is not the Stanley Cup.

Now hopefully my Pens can wrap up this series against the Jackets tonight. 8-)
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:07 am

The Hawks is more shocking, the Caps haven't played that bad, the Caps could easily be up 3-0 in the series, the Leafs have been winning with their speed, but only just, it's razor close, the Leafs still have a long way to go, the Hawks on the other hand, they're getting rinsed, it hasn't even been close, the Preds have totally dominated them, the Leafs are actually hanging on by their fingernails, but the Preds have been beating up on the Hawks, with authori-teh.

There's no pressure on the Leafs, and it shows, because when things go wrong, the Leafs don't get down, they just shrug and say "we've got nothing to lose, so lets just go for it and see what happens", whereas the Hawks look like they are gripping the sticks, as things have gone badly, the Hawks have actually looked like they've started to doubt themselves.

The secret of the Leafs success this year has been the lack of pressure, no expectations, just go out there and have fun, and so they are loose, when they were under pressure to make the playoffs at the end, the Leafs started to wobble, but once they got over that hump, they went back to being loose again, and when you're loose, it's easier to score.

The Hawks have clearly been feeling the pressure to go all the way, but that's making them tight, the Preds don't have the same expectations, they're not really in a Stanley Cup or bust situation, so they've been loose too, like the Leafs, except the Preds are a better team than the Leafs, at least they are on the back end, with Subban and Josi.

The problem for the Leafs is, once this gets to an elimination situation, the pressure will ramp up, at which point the loosey goosey pixie dust will go away, and then they will need to catch a break, just get some puck luck, to get them over the hump, it's one thing to give the Caps a run for their money, but putting the knife in and eliminating them, under pressure, that's the hard part.

It's all in the hands of the Hockey Gods now, but the Hockey Gods are nothing, if not fickle.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:44 am

Yeah Chicago is shocking, never seen them play so shitty in playoffs. The Leafs winning two close games they barely scrapped by in, not that surprising. What I can't believe is that Babcock is actually making something out of Kadri, amazing. He can hit and play defense now, wtf?
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:48 am

Indeed, Kadri has been remade in the Babcock image, gone from being a peripheral player, to complete, in just two seasons since Babcock showed up. I have to give Kadri credit, for just jumping on that bus as it pulled out of the station, he's always had the skill, but Babcock showing up seems to have given him the will.
Nec Aspera Terrent