Bro, do you even vape?

Okeefenokee

Re: Bro, do you even vape?

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:53 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Damn it, I fell of the wagon today, I bought some tobacco. I think I'm going to have to try vaping as cold turkey hasn't worked. What is the best sort of vaporiser to get?
Okeefenokee wrote:I got this thing.

https://www.v2.com/v2pro-vaporizer/series-3-vape-pen

It's been alright. Much cheaper. I got a honey tobacco fluid with enough nicotine to make it similar to smoking.
It didn't come with fluid. The first shop I went in had hundreds of flavors.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:25 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I really don't get the obsession with tobacco. To me it's pretty nasty. I hate that smell. But if vaping makes you stop putting all those carcinogens in your system, then I guess it can't be all bad.
Cigarettes are about the most addictive things on this Earth. I think the tobacco companies are always looking to make them extra addictive, so once you are hooked, you do not leave. They're like a real life Hotel California.

But not being a smoker, I agree, but I think that it's the processed mass produced cigarettes that are the bigger problem. Pipe tobacco, hand rolled cigarettes, cigars, even cheroots (shudder), all smell better, and/or do not leave such a nasty leftover, background smell. I may not like tobacco smoke, but they are almost pleasant, and old fashioned pipe tobacco smoke does smell pleasantly.

Whatever the tobacco companies do to make their cigarettes more addictive (and the cigarettes are highly processed) seems not only to make the smell worse, but messed up the body more. It's like home made, or a small bakery, cake against that mass produced junk. They may look the same, but taste so differently. And I do not have such a strong compulsion to gorge on the non junk.
Last edited by jbird4049 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:35 pm

Kath wrote:I switched from cigarettes to vaping 5 years ago. I started out with 18 and now am down to 3. The vape habit used to cost me $150/month and now I'm down to about $20/month. A very pleasant way to get myself off the stuff. I don't think about it much, anymore. If we go out and I realize I forgot the vape, it's no big deal.

From a solid pack a day smoker to this? Vaping has been a life saver.

I like the bakery flavors... coffee, hazelnut, french vanilla...
That's good. I have seen normal sane people go bananas trying to quit smoking. It's runaway, runaway! :)

Other drugs like booze, food, sugar, pot, or almost anything really, do not seem to as hard, even when you can see the relative with her good friend Mr. Oxygen Bottle. :shock: :(

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:56 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I really don't get the obsession with tobacco. To me it's pretty nasty. I hate that smell. But if vaping makes you stop putting all those carcinogens in your system, then I guess it can't be all bad.
Cigarettes are about the most addictive things on this Earth. I think the tobacco companies are always looking to make them extra addictive, so once you are hooked, you do not leave. They're like a real life Hotel California.

But not being a smoker, I agree, but I think that it's the processed mass produced cigarettes that are the bigger problem. Pipe tobacco, hand rolled cigarettes, cigars, even cheroots (shudder), all smell better, and/or do not leave such a nasty leftover, background smell. I may not like tobacco smoke, but they are almost pleasant, and old fashioned pipe tobacco smoke does smell pleasantly.

Whatever the tobacco companies do to make their cigarettes more addictive (and the cigarettes are highly processed) seems not only to make the smell worse, but messed up the body more. It's like home made, or a small bakery, cake against that mass produced junk. They may look the same, but taste so differently. And I do not have such a strong compulsion to gorge on the non junk.
Not really, dude.

Two years ago I quite taking opiods after 14 years of max dose every day. THAT was painful and hard. What makes smoking difficult to quit is not that it's somehow the most addictive substance out there (hardly true) but that it's readily available. It's difficult for smokers to quit for the same reason it is difficult for fat people to stop eating shitty food and shed fat.

I am telling you right here and now that, if you really want to quit something you are addicted to, you can quit it. You need the willpower to do it, and people who don't quit smoking often simply don't really have the will to quit. They might have strong willpower in general, but they don't really want to quit.

I have read straight-up heroin addicts say something similar. They tried all sorts of programs, but they didn't actually quit until they truly wanted to quit.

And if smokers really don't want to quit in their heart of hearts, then I suggest maybe vaping isn't such a bad idea -- as long as they don't expose me to the second hand vapor. I very much doubt vaping is as dangerous for your health as smoking or dipping. You might still be addicted to nicotine, but you aren't killing yourself with carcinogens in the process. If you do it right, then vaping can be for smokers what immodium is for pain pill addicts.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:04 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:

Not really, dude.

Two years ago I quite taking opiods after 14 years of max dose every day. THAT was painful and hard. What makes smoking difficult to quit is not that it's somehow the most addictive substance out there (hardly true) but that it's readily available. It's difficult for smokers to quit for the same reason it is difficult for fat people to stop eating shitty food and shed fat.
I'm not convinced about the addictiveness, but yeah, as some smoker told me, you can quit, but you have to eat. It is not possible to completely quit. Just do not discount how addictive junk food can be. As with cigarettes, the junk food manufacturers spend millions trying to make that stuff evermore attractive.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:06 pm

They spend a lot of money to get the right combination of chemicals, sugar, and fats to make the food addictive. The processed food industry is not very different from the tobacco industry at all.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:10 pm

That's got to hurt.
*yip*

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:12 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:

Not really, dude.

I am telling you right here and now that, if you really want to quit something you are addicted to, you can quit it. You need the willpower to do it, and people who don't quit smoking often simply don't really have the will to quit. They might have strong willpower in general, but they don't really want to quit.

I have read straight-up heroin addicts say something similar. They tried all sorts of programs, but they didn't actually quit until they truly wanted to quit.

And if smokers really don't want to quit in their heart of hearts, then I suggest maybe vaping isn't such a bad idea -- as long as they don't expose me to the second hand vapor. I very much doubt vaping is as dangerous for your health as smoking or dipping. You might still be addicted to nicotine, but you aren't killing yourself with carcinogens in the process. If you do it right, then vaping can be for smokers what immodium is for pain pill addicts.
Honest desire is needed, but I am saying for some people for some substances, willpower is not enough. Some are just not addictive personalities, others never use that one thing that can control them. When one can see friends, and relatives, dying slow fucking painful deaths, and still cannot quit, it is not a just a question of will, or desire.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:14 pm

It's not the nicotine at all. It's the habit, and STA is right. I don't really want to quit. I don't want to pay for these vices. Tobacco's been getting more and more expensive, but the tobacco itself doesn't bother me at all. On the rare occurrence that I see someone in a movie light a cigarette, it makes me want one, and that has nothing to do with nicotine.

It's mostly habit and routine with these low impact vices.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:15 pm

StCapps wrote:
That's got to hurt.
Ouch. WTF could make it explode?