What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

C-Mag

Re: What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:44 pm

Penner wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Just isn't the same without the artwork.. Great find, tho.
We don't appear to be playing by them so, 8-)
C-Mag, you were transported to a new realm by the way of Mont's trebuchet; what is next?
Not according to the judge. The judge said I got attacked by the Lawful Good Paladin for showing a Letter of Marque, then DBtrek attacked the Paladin, so I'm waiting for my turn I guess.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:17 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Penner wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
C-Mag, you were transported to a new realm by the way of Mont's trebuchet; what is next?
Not according to the judge. The judge said I got attacked by the Lawful Good Paladin for showing a Letter of Marque, then DBtrek attacked the Paladin, so I'm waiting for my turn I guess.
What I thought that I was the dungeon master in this one?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:19 pm

Penner wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Penner wrote:
What I thought that I was the dungeon master in this one?
Eh, everyone has been reacting to Dr Youth on this .

DB, Carlus, Kath and Penner are on a ship getting attacked by Smitty and St Capps
PLATA O PLOMO

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:24 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Penner wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
No you're getting attacked for being pirates, you don't have a letter of marque, you're lying, that's just a ruse.
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:26 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Penner wrote:
No you're getting attacked for being pirates, you don't have a letter of marque, you're lying, that's just a ruse.
We haven't pirated anything, and yes, I have a letter of Marque, judge even confirmed it.

Your just wildly attacking people and claiming to be Lawful, you are just a lowly Wharf Cop with an axe to grind with free people.

:D
PLATA O PLOMO

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:31 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
We haven't pirated anything, and yes, I have a letter of Marque, judge even confirmed it.

Your just wildly attacking people and claiming to be Lawful, you are just a lowly Wharf Cop with an axe to grind with free people.

Death to pirates, none shall pass. Your supposed letter of marque is quite clearly a forgery.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:21 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Death to pirates, none shall pass. Your supposed letter of marque is quite clearly a forgery.
Yeah they don't have diplomatic skills to acquire such a letter, quite clearly. Obvious ruse is obvious.
*yip*

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:24 pm

DBTrek wrote: Killing the Paladin first tho.
This dwarf is small time.
Plus dwarves have good poisson saves.
You realize that if we're going to do this properly we're going to have to set up some actual characters...
Roll up ability scores, hit points etc.
Weapons, Armour... Movement speed
Doesn't actually take that long.

Keeping track of movement speed is actually the key to a great game. Using figures is the way to go.
But you can also keep track on paper. Not sure about those online tools.

Hey I DMed for my kids with typical child attention spans...
I can probably even keep Smitty engaged... his attention span is probably about the same...
But I'm betting his military strategy is considerably better.

But the key is the time to create a decent campaign.

Awesome terrain elements. Horseback combat, it can all be done.

I think we have the makings of a great D&D game whenever we get around to it.
We just need to pick an edition...
I'm curious about the later editions... so I'm game to study up... again probably not in the near future.
Too much on my plate these days.

Maybe Cappy and I will team up as DM.... or STA.
Last edited by DrYouth on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:45 pm

I've had enough of this, I'm doing a running shield bash on the impotent Wharf Cop that attacked me. Using my 18 strength, 16 dexterity and size(6'2 and well built ;) ). Roll 17, +2 for Strength = 19

I'm going to knock his ass into the water and he can swim with his plate armor on.
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:49 pm

We'd actually need character sheets to make sense of any of this. In reality, given that everybody starts out at level 1, the fighters and paladins will win a fight against most other classes. A dwarf paladin at level 1 is pretty tough to other level 1 characters. Human barbarian is probably pretty formidable too. They have that berserk roll now in 5th edition rules, though I am not sure you can use that at level 1.