Literal Odds and Ends

TheReal_ND

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:47 pm

If the smaller balloons were tethered to the bigger ones they would naturally gravitate and eddy around the larger ones. Only explentation I have for the opposite of the wind direction would be higher altitude cross currents. You say you checked your airport for that but maybe there is a jet stream like the ones the japs tried to use to bomb us with balloons with.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:48 pm

Nukedog wrote:If the smaller balloons were tethered to the bigger ones they would naturally gravitate and eddy around the larger ones. Only explentation I have for the opposite of the wind direction would be higher altitude cross currents. You say you checked your airport for that but maybe there is a jet stream like the ones the japs tried to use to bomb us with balloons with.

Maybe. I don't think they were, though. They would traveled around quite a bit. And they were balloons, they'd have been floating south rather than north.

They looked a lot like the objects in that video I posted. But the little ones were faster and a bit brighter color (more white). The bigger ones were a little darker than the ones in the video.

The most likely explanation I can think of is that they were a swarm of some kind of drones.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:53 pm

Here's another video that looks similar:

Though those are very bright compared to what I saw. You would not readily see them if you weren't really looking.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:55 pm

Maybe the AF is trying some Tesla shit with balloons. Weirder shit actually happens/happened.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:56 pm

Nukedog wrote:Maybe the AF is trying some Tesla shit with balloons. Weirder shit actually happens/happened.

Yeah. I am kind of leaning towards drones, honestly.

The Army has been doing exercises around here the past few months. Lots of Longbows and some other stuff.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:17 pm

The jet stream moves differently than lower level winds.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:34 am

The Jet Stream wasn't down here that day, and they were much lower than that anyway. They were lower than the cloud layer.

I looked up the TAF and METAR reports that day as well. The wind averaged about 5 mph (N).

These things were floating due northward.

That just doesn't make any sense.

KAVL is something like 5 miles from here:

https://infoseek.wunderground.com/histo ... reqdb.wmo=

This is the METAR report from the hour that it happened:

METAR KAVL 301654Z 35007KT 320V030 10SM FEW040 FEW050 25/15
A3011 RMK AO2 SLP170 T02500150=

Wind was from 320 degrees (About NNW) at 7 knots. Clouds were few at 5,000 feet.

These guys were lower than 5,000 feet because they were floating beneath some of the clouds. They were floating (I am pretty sure) due north even though the wind was coming from NNW.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:52 am

Seems most likely that it's either a glitch in the simulation or one of the new psychedelic plug-ins.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:27 am

I wonder if it's the fault line. There's a fault line that runs through here called the Brevard fault line. It's really old and basically what created the mountains a long time ago.

It runs right beneath me.

But it's not active. So, maybe not.

I do know that you can see plasma balls a lot like near active fault lines and volcanoes.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:59 pm

My son, tonight.

"No! Don't touch it. Don't touch it, Abu! He's gonna touch it."

And then, "INFIDEL!"

LMFAO
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751