What show are you watching right now?

heydaralon

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by heydaralon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:27 pm

I don't think vice principals is great. I was disappointed by it, and I loved Eastbound and Down. Such a waste of potential.
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:49 am

What was wrong with the finale? I think it’s brilliant.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:34 am

heydaralon wrote:Rick and Morty is good for a cartoon, even though the third season is quite a steep drop off from the past 2. It's not as clever as it thinks it is. I have noticed that the Rick and Morty fanbase is pretty bad, and South Park has the same problem. South Park has also stopped being as good.

That Mindhunter show looks interesting. At the moment, the Deuce is blowing everything out of the water. It got renewed for a second season, which is far more exciting to me than the last season of Game of Thrones. At this point, I don't even care if they cancel it tbh. Excited for West World season 2, in spite of its piss poor season finale.
Yeah The Deuce is the best show currently airing on television at the moment, but I'd be shocked if this season of the show ends up being better than the third and final season of The Leftovers, which aired earlier this year. That is the show that blows all other shows out of the water, as far 2017 TV is concerned. I'm much more excited about the second season of The Deuce than Game of Thrones final season, and I've only seen four episodes of the show, but then again, there are a lot of shows whose next season I'm more eager to see than GoT, but I've seen more episodes of those shows than episodes I've seen of The Deuce as well.

Also Stranger Things second season will be out not in the not too distant future, but I'm worried that show is going to take a dive in quality this season, I'll binge through that real quick no doubt.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:36 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:What was wrong with the finale? I think it’s brilliant.
They killed off Hopkins, who was my favorite character. I dont have a problem with killing off a good character, but they should have figured out a better way to do it.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:37 pm

They still have ed harris, who was my second favorite character so Im excited to see what they do with him next season. The trailer for season 2 looks good, so I have high hopes.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:05 pm

heydaralon wrote:
They killed off Hopkins, who was my favorite character. I dont have a problem with killing off a good character, but they should have figured out a better way to do it.
If they were going to kill him off, which they knew they were going to do, then they should have gave him more to do than smile cryptically all season, far from optimal use of Sir Anthony Hopkins, boo on Westworld. I worry going forward, another show that I sense could take a dive in quality.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:23 pm

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
If they were going to kill him off, which they knew they were going to do, then they should have gave him more to do than smile cryptically all season, far from optimal use of Sir Anthony Hopkins, boo on Westworld. I worry going forward, another show that I sense could take a dive in quality.
No, I think his performance was amazing. He was exactly what he needed to be, and few other actors could have pulled it off without appearing smug.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:38 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:No, I think his performance was amazing. He was exactly what he needed to be, and few other actors could have pulled it off without appearing smug.
You misunderstand, Hopkins did great with what he was given, it was the writers fault they gave him nothing to do just to make him seem more mysterious.
*yip*

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:50 pm

heydaralon wrote:Rick and Morty is good for a cartoon, even though the third season is quite a steep drop off from the past 2. It's not as clever as it thinks it is. I have noticed that the Rick and Morty fanbase is pretty bad, and South Park has the same problem. South Park has also stopped being as good.

That Mindhunter show looks interesting. At the moment, the Deuce is blowing everything out of the water. It got renewed for a second season, which is far more exciting to me than the last season of Game of Thrones. At this point, I don't even care if they cancel it tbh. Excited for West World season 2, in spite of its piss poor season finale.
What about Pickle RIck and Jaguar?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:07 am

Some of the things I've never seen,
Game of Thrones
The wire
Breaking bad
Dexter ( well I've seen 2 or 3 episodes )
Curb your enthusiasm
Gone with the wind
Citizen Kane
Mamma Mia

Which should I watch first? (please don't say Mamma Mia)
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.