The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Okeefenokee

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:13 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:What date?
It's done when it's done.

I get that you keep thinking of this from the perspective of an investor, but that's not what this is.

People who think like that are giving themselves more importance than they really have. Voluntarily backing a project doesn't mean you get to be in charge of it.

If you're not happy, here's your refund. Go make your own game if you know better.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:48 am

Okeefenokee wrote:

I get that you keep thinking of this from the perspective of an investor, but that's not what this is.

People who think like that are giving themselves more importance than they really have. Voluntarily backing a project doesn't mean you get to be in charge of it.

If you're not happy, here's your refund. Go make your own game if you know better.

You sound like an Amway victim.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:56 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

You sound like an Amway victim.
What spaceships do they make?

I'm an RSI man,

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:49 pm

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:56 pm

OK, let's discuss the case for fraud. What, specifically, was promised by the bad actor in return for cash?

I don't know shit about the video game market, so make it easy for me to understand.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:56 pm

Fife wrote:

OK, let's discuss the case for fraud. What, specifically, was promised by the bad actor in return for cash?

I don't know shit about the video game market, so make it easy for me to understand.

Read the case outlined by that guy I linked to earlier. I am not as good at laying it all on the table like that.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:57 pm

Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I am not fucking around here. A good law firm could potentially make a killing taking these scammers to the cleaners.
The burden is on you to prove a contractual obligation. If we have that, I would consider taking the case.

If you were sitting in my office pitching this case, I would ask, "explain the scam to me, so that the dumbest kid who walked the stage with you in high school would totally get it."

I'm needing some help from you here.

Derik Smart already laid the case out a bit more in detail than I could do:

http://dereksmart.com/2015/09/star-citi ... -long-con/

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:02 pm

You just fall for anything, don't you?

Send me some money and I'll get to the bottom of it for you.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:07 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
You just fall for anything, don't you?

Send me some money and I'll get to the bottom of it for you.

I'd send you money right now, but all my millions of dollars are locked up in a bank in Africa. There is a way you can help me out and then I can pay you to look into it, with a hansom profit for helping me liberate my family's money.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Fife wrote:
The burden is on you to prove a contractual obligation. If we have that, I would consider taking the case.

If you were sitting in my office pitching this case, I would ask, "explain the scam to me, so that the dumbest kid who walked the stage with you in high school would totally get it."

I'm needing some help from you here.

Derik Smart already laid the case out a bit more in detail than I could do:

http://dereksmart.com/2015/09/star-citi ... -long-con/
Fife, read who this charlatan is,
"It was obvious he was not a supporter of our project and was just using our visibility as a platform to gain attention and promote his current game and his past games," a Cloud Imperium Games rep explained in an email. "We have strict rules about people using our forums and chat for self-promotion and it was clear that he didn’t care about the project, or the backers, or a good game being made. He was just trying to create a huge fuss to make himself relevant at a lot of other people's expense and distress. So we enacted our rights through Kickstarter (that we also have on our own TOS) and refunded him and turned his account off."
I told Doc this well over a year ago. Probably closer to two years ago, and he's STILL drinking the kool-aid from this third rate game developer.