NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Fri May 05, 2017 11:14 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Blown calls are part of hockey, the goaltender interference rule is a joke, nobody even knows what goaltender interference is anymore, they're just making it up as they go, it's entirely arbitrary at this point, but it's not the blown call that decides your fate, if you put yourself in a position where the Ref has to come and save you, or the operations room in Toronto has to come and save you, and that comes a cropper? Oh well, shouldn't have let yourself get to that point, if the Oilers piss a three goal lead away and lose in overtime, I'm not going to blame the Refs.

The Leafs did that all year, sometimes they got the calls, sometimes they didn't, but the calls weren't the reason that the Leafs couldn't hold a lead to save their fuckin' lives.
I'm with you. I'm just bitching about how arbitrary goalie interference is at this point, especially if Cam Talbot is in net. How is it so hard to know that grabbing a goalie's pad for five straight seconds is goalie interference? That's fucked up, even for NHL refs and the war room in Toronto.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:22 pm

The Oilers pulled a Leafs, they took their foot off the gas and tried to nurse a two goal lead, they don't call it the worst lead in hockey for nothing, they couldn't manage the puck, they couldn't get it out, they started puck watching, they went into a shell, and then they panicked under pressure.

I don't think the grabbing of the pad actually caused the goal, I don't actually like the mollycoddling of the goaltenders, blowing that goal off would be a technicality rather than a real case of preventing him from making the save, and I don't like that, unless it's blatantly the reason for the goalie not being able to make the save, I'm willing to let a whole lotta shit go, and I'm glad when the Refs call it that way, even if it's the Leafs, I almost always blame the Leafs and Freddie Andersen for being soft, very rare that I will hang it on the Ref.

The pad grab was something that the goalie just has to fight through, the reason he got scored on, was actually that he tried to stand up rather than just cover the bottom of the net, the pad grab didn't prevent him from standing up, didn't prevent him from covering the bottom of the net, so it wasn't decisive, so I don't want that sort of chickenshit called, sneaky dirty shit, to get the edge, anyway you can, is what hockey is all about, it's the big nasty, and that's how I like it.

And bottom line, the defensemen stand around puck watching, then they panic and shove the opposing player into their own goalie, don't come crying to Refs, if you can't deal with the pressure, that's on the Oilers puck management and zone coverage, they went deer in the headlights, then they shit the bed. Too bad, so sad.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 05, 2017 11:33 pm

You don't get to grab a goalies pad for seconds at a time and not get called for goalie interference, hard to get much more blatant than that. I don't care how you try to justify it, that's not part of the game and no goalie should have to deal with that and not get a call going their way.

But yeah the Oilers are chokes, and tried to sit on a two goal lead, prevent defense style, like idiots, but that doesn't mean the refs and the war room shouldn't do their jobs.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:38 pm

StCapps wrote:You don't get to grab a goalies pad for seconds at a time and not get called for goalie interference, I don't care how you try to justify it, that's not part of the game and no goalie should have to deal with that and not get a call going their way.
Fuck the goalies, I despise goalies, the only goalie I've ever liked, was Eddie Belfour.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 05, 2017 11:39 pm

The Hockey Gods shineth upon Corey Perry. What a comeback, epic choke.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:40 pm

Ducks Win! What a come from behind! I told you Corey Perry had more to give!

Suck it, Edmonton, go cry to the Refs again, the Hockey Gods will punish for that every time!
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri May 05, 2017 11:42 pm

The look on Peter Chiarelli's face when the Ducks scored, priceless. Says it all, in one look.
:lol:

Sweet call on Corey Perry, it's as if he was listening to you.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:47 pm

Loves me some Corey Perry, bout time he started to ramp it up, mark of the beast, baby, Captain Canada FTW.

Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 06, 2017 3:08 pm

Game 5 OT Clubby. You nervous? The Sens have been dope in OT so far this playoffs.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat May 06, 2017 3:25 pm

Turris with the dagger. Lundqvist has to save that, what a softy, ouch.
*yip*