What show are you watching right now?

K@th

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by K@th » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:31 am

All you've done is criticize my criticisms. You're spending all this time on a minute point. Move on.

Why did you not like season 7?

For example, I was angry after season 1, because Jamie didn't even discuss the coup..... he cut off the Mad King's head for almost doing what Cersai actually did.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:35 am

Kath wrote:All you've done is criticize my criticisms. You're spending all this time on a minute point. Move on.

Why did you not like season 7?

For example, I was angry after season 1, because Jamie didn't even discuss the coup..... he cut off the Mad King's head for almost doing what Cersai actually did.
With Season 7 specifically, my biggest issue was relying on characters acting stupid far too much in order to move the plot along, lazy writing. Also a big issue, saving the too much for the last season, the penultimate season trap, which lowered the stakes of this season, in a way which was not beneficial.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:37 am

StCapps wrote: My biggest issue was relying on characters acting stupid far too much in order to move the plot along, lazy writing.
Agreed, and that includes giving people the ability to get somewhere far more quickly than physical reality will allow. AKA time travel. 8-)

Also includes giving wading depth water the ability to drop off 50 feet, miraculously.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:40 am

Kath wrote:
StCapps wrote: My biggest issue was relying on characters acting stupid far too much in order to move the plot along, lazy writing.
Agreed, and that includes giving people the ability to get somewhere far more quickly than physical reality will allow. AKA time travel. 8-)

Also includes giving wading depth water the ability to drop off 50 feet, miraculously.
"Time travel" was a minor issue at best, even you admitted it, no need to reach, when there is plenty of low hanging fruit, like too much point A to point B travel still being a thing, just less of one. Or like a lack of stakes due to saving major character deaths and other major consequences for the last season. Penultimate Seasonitis.

Hell even a show as good as The Americans fell for that trap this year, it's a well known pitfall of long running serialized drama's wrapping themselves up in the last two seasons, GoT is far from alone in this regard, but The Americans fifth season was much better than the seventh season of GoT, it should be noted, and it's also a much better show in general.

Another huge problem with the show and this season, the lack of charisma of Jon Snow, and (to a lesser degree) Daenarys Targaryen. When their characters are so central to story to have them be so boring, kind of criminal. Kit Harrington is a problem, and the writers are fucking over Emilia Clarke by giving her the most boring shit to do for most of the show, but at least she's pretty solid when she's giving a speech. Aside from the Dragons and the epic speeches, why should I care about her again? The lack of chemistry between them is also kind of lame, much more Kit Harrington's fault for sure, especially when they had so many scenes together this season and will have a bunch of scenes together next season in all likelihood.

Danny's whole storyline the whole show was a delaying tactic, Essos is so boring, and then this season when you thought she was about to get down to business, she sits on her ass until the last few episodes, another delaying tactic. Maybe they were saving all the cool shit she's going to do for the last season, but that just proves my point about the delaying tactic.

See what I mean about low hanging fruit, I could go on, but you get my point, no need to reach here. So why is your first real comment about this season, about some minor issue you had, and not the far bigger issues you admitted that the season had? Odd choice of focus, to say the least.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:13 pm

[quote="StCapps" ]"Time travel" was a minor issue at best, even you admitted it, no need to reach, when there is plenty of low hanging fruit, like too much point A to point B travel still being a thing, just less of one [/quote]
Seriously, what resonates with people is highly subjective. You are not an authority on what works for me. You do you. Your opinion is valid, but that doesn't invalidate others' opinions. It's seriously ridiculous to tell people that they don't like some piece of art for the wrong reasons. :lol:

You have an extremely inflated sense of the value of your OPINION on subjective work.
Account abandoned.

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:14 pm

StCapps wrote:"Time travel" was a minor issue at best, even you admitted it, no need to reach, when there is plenty of low hanging fruit, like too much point A to point B travel still being a thing, just less of one
Seriously, what resonates with people is highly subjective. You are not an authority on what works for me. You do you. Your opinion is valid, but that doesn't invalidate others' opinions. It's seriously ridiculous to tell people that they don't like some piece of art for the wrong reasons. :lol:

You have an extremely inflated sense of the value of your OPINION on subjective work.[/quote]
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:16 pm

My opinion is clearly more insightful than the average bear. If you can't see that, that is your own loss. You act like I don't know what I'm talking about, when I clearly do.

Name the best television show you ever watched, I bet I can come up with better reasons why it is good than you can. I'll make points you wish you made and leave you in awe, I'm that good, ask heydaralon if you don't believe me. The esteem I hold my opinion on matters related to high quality serialized TV drama's, is well earned, I assure you. You might be put off by my braggadocio when it comes to these matters, but I do know what I'm talking about, regardless of whether you can see it or not.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Im smart! I really am! If you don’t think so, it’s your fault!
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:28 pm

StCapps wrote:My opinion is clearly more insightful than the average bear. If you can't see that, that is your own loss. You act like I don't know what I'm talking about, when I clearly do.

Name the best television show you ever watched, I bet I can come up with better reasons why it is good than you can. I'll make points you wish you made and leave you in awe, I'm that good, ask heydaralon if you don't believe me. The esteem I hold my opinion on matters related to high quality serialized TV drama's, is well earned, I assure you. You might be put off by my braggadocio when it comes to these matters, but I do know what I'm talking about, regardless of whether you can see it or not.
There are acclaimed movie critics who totally know their shit. I can STILL disagree with them. Same with fine art critics, theater critics, food critics, fashion critics. The reasons they may like something or not doesn't hold much sway over my personal reaction to the art. My opinion is most valid when it comes to liking/not liking something. You know how I know that? Because what I watch is based on my feelings about it, not based on some critics opinion on it. I may give a show a chance because you recommended it. In fact, I think I have. Doesn't mean I'll stick with it.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:29 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Im smart! I really am! If you don’t think so, it’s your fault!
No one is stopping you from getting better arguments, ain't my fault you set bar so low around this joint when it comes to GoT discussion. I raise the bar, and you can't keep up, so you lash out.
*yip*