The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Ex-California

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Ex-California » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:46 pm

I've been playing the new Star Wars Battlefront II Beta when my son's not playing the first one. Seems like it will be fun

However, his skills have already surpassed mine so he doesn't want me to play with him anymore
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:55 pm

You know.. the sad thing about the No Man's Sky debacle is that I think the fundamental idea of a procedurally-generated galaxy in which people could cooperate in a persistent game state is feasible. He just couldn't figure out how to get around the bottlenecks, mostly I suspect because he packed all the computation on the client application. All the computation of the actual game state (the unpacking of the game world from the core equations) should have been done in one single place so that, when two players actually do occupy the same area, they can see the same thing. The clients should have been relatively thin and focused on just rendering the graphics, dealing with networking, audio, etc. It's still a huge problem to maintain a giant server farm to do this, but I suspect you could outsource that to one of the cloud services.

His idea had merit. He just fucked up and could never come clean about it until after the release.

That guy is still not in prison, though. It's amazing how much fraud goes on in the gaming industry and NOBODY ever gets held to account for it. It's absolutely fucking crazy. And that's just the outright criminality in it. There is even more shady and anti-consumer practices going on in there than even the finance industry as far as I can tell (just not with the same scope and damage to society).

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:06 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Fife gets it.

Successful early access crowd funded game,
Early access, yes. Was never “crowd funded”.
Yes is was. You were in the crowd. You paid for a game that wasn't finished yet. Get your shit together. You don't need another topic where you shoot your mouth off without knowing what you're talking about.
We’re you playing some form of Star Citizen, after you paid? Did the download kick off after the credit card was approved?

Do you own a copy of it now?

PS: $15 owner of KSP since alpha.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:04 pm

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:11 pm

:lol: oh shit. Kickstarter just got interesting.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:16 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
:lol: oh shit. Kickstarter just got interesting.

That mega thread is awesome, btw.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:17 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I am not fucking around here. A good law firm could potentially make a killing taking these scammers to the cleaners.
You are out of your mind, grandpa.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I am not fucking around here. A good law firm could potentially make a killing taking these scammers to the cleaners.
The burden is on you to prove a contractual obligation. If we have that, I would consider taking the case.

If you were sitting in my office pitching this case, I would ask, "explain the scam to me, so that the dumbest kid who walked the stage with you in high school would totally get it."

I'm needing some help from you here.

Derik Smart already laid the case out a bit more in detail than I could do:

http://dereksmart.com/2015/09/star-citi ... -long-con/
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:20 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Early access, yes. Was never “crowd funded”.
Yes is was. You were in the crowd. You paid for a game that wasn't finished yet. Get your shit together. You don't need another topic where you shoot your mouth off without knowing what you're talking about.
We’re you playing some form of Star Citizen, after you paid? Did the download kick off after the credit card was approved?

Do you own a copy of it now?

PS: $15 owner of KSP since alpha.
Yes I play it, and yes I own it.

You two are some uninformed shitposters.