BTFO 2018 Post Your Resolution List Here and it WILL COME TRUE

SuburbanFarmer

Re: BTFO 2018 Post Your Resolution List Here and it WILL COME TRUE

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:06 am

SilverEagle wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:1. Finally get six pack abs.
2. Grow another 6-8 lbs of muscle.
3. Finish at least half of the Convict Conditioning progressions.
4. Finally achieve a handstand.
5. 300 lbs bench press.
6. Sub-24 minute 5k.
7. Fix my shoulder enough that I can do the GMB rings and parallettes courses.
300 lbs bench press? Jesus dude that is not hard to accomplish. I have not benched in two years and I can still throw up around 275 lbs. One month of training and I would be over 300 easily. :twisted:

Weren't you the one that said short guys can't be that strong or was that somebody else? FYI I'm 5'10"
That was me. And the statement was that it takes more work for them.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:10 am

I'm 5'5'' which I wouldn't call "short," but working out is quite hard for me.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:13 am

Do people often kneel down and say hey there, little fella like they would to a child?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:16 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
DrYouth wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: I am quite attracted to feminists.
I wonder if you mean narcissists.

It's possible you are conflating the two.

In earlier posts you referred to women who dominate for the purposes of self-gratification...

This is the hallmark of narcissism... shallow self gratification... without responsibility to the other.

I mean this is rampant in our society... in men and women... and probably on the rise in both genders.... think millennial stereotypes.

The rise of narcissism among women is what I hear STA railing against in most threads... and it is a scourge indeed.
Because of the importance of motherhood to development.... narcissists are not good at tuning into others.

Another pop culture reference you will come across is the empathy/narcissist dichotomy.
Mostly this is women posting about their relationships with narcissistic men... but of course the opposite is often the case.

Empath is pop culture code for a sensitive person, one who takes responsibility and responds to the need of another...

In the "empathy/narcissist" pairing.... one person is other serving and responsibility bearing and the other is self serving and responsibility deflecting.... of course this is a natural fit... but a developmental dead end.... sometimes the term codependent is used.
I think we’re in the same boat. You’re not attracted to “feminists”, just strong-willed women. It’s much more attractive to find an equal partner than a lapdog.

Every female will call herself a “feminist”, if you ask them. It doesn’t necessarily mean what you’re putting on it.

No. It's actually the opposite of that. I can't stand narcissistic women. Obviously, there are LOTS of narcissistic women who call themselves feminists. I can't stand those. But there are a certain number of feminists, who often are not in the media or on YouTube, that actually possess a sense of agency and autonomy that society requires of men. That's attractive to me, even if the ideology they possess is batshit wrong.

I realize a lot of men, especially pretty much all blue pill men, are invested in the idea of having women dependent upon them. I am far more interested in women who can be my equal. Women in our society don't have to develop a sense of agency, which is one of the core requirements of being an equal to us. They have all of society catering to their every irrational complaint as it is. They possess hypoagency, built right into the social fabric of our civilization. So for a woman to reject that and develop a sense of agency is actually quite admirable and noble.

They are still dangerous as hell. It's not a good idea to marry a feminist woman. At all. I suspect this is my fucked up nature that is similar to how women are attracted to outlaws and criminals. I still can't help the way I feel.

Also: I said this before, but I think there is a very good chance we will see a fairly large portion of feminist women coming over to the red pill side of the culture war in the coming years. These are the ones I am talking about. The ridiculous "he for she" feminists are the fucking dumpster fires that will never learn. That's not what I mean here.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:37 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:1. Finally get six pack abs.
2. Grow another 6-8 lbs of muscle.
3. Finish at least half of the Convict Conditioning progressions.
4. Finally achieve a handstand.
5. 300 lbs bench press.
6. Sub-24 minute 5k.
7. Fix my shoulder enough that I can do the GMB rings and parallettes courses.
300 lbs bench press? Jesus dude that is not hard to accomplish. I have not benched in two years and I can still throw up around 275 lbs. One month of training and I would be over 300 easily. :twisted:

Weren't you the one that said short guys can't be that strong or was that somebody else? FYI I'm 5'10"
That was me. And the statement was that it takes more work for them.
Takes less work. You have it completely backwards

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:43 pm

The shorter and fatter you are, the easier the bench press.

I never really did find a good explanation for why fat percentage gives you advantage, but I have noticed a pretty big drop off in my bench press since losing about 25 lbs of fat and gaining muscle.

Bench press isn't really a great indicator of anything other than how well you can bench. I like doing it, so I'd like to get better at it.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:45 pm

Well fat people can't do a pushup so I'm assuming by short and fat you mean short and stocky

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:46 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Well fat people can't do a pushup so I'm assuming by short and fat you mean short and stocky

Fat gives you some kind of advantage. I don't know if it's leverage or what, but it's a huge advantage. That's why Strongman competitors carry such high fat percentages.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:48 pm

Also, advanced push up variations indicate your relative strength whereas bench press indicates absolute strength. Ideally, you want to be good at both.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:52 pm

If you're doing 4-6 reps at 300 lbs, that's pretty good, that would put your single rep max up over 350 lbs.

It's not healthy to max out press, so you should only be repping about 80% of that.

Just increase it in increments as you go.

Depending on how much you weigh, 350 lbs 1RM is impressive, if you weigh 200 lbs and you're benching 350 1RM? That's elite.
Nec Aspera Terrent