The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Okeefenokee

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:How much are you in for with this Star Citizen debacle, Okie?

Also, GCF and I both *bought* an alpha release game that was already solid and working. We didn't throw money at anybody. Furthermore, we got discounts on our games. I think I paid like $15 for KSP. That was a good deal.

How much have you sunk into this Star Citizen racket thus far without even a working game?
So what, you think KSP was unique in those regards? Everything you just said describes SC.

And there is a working game. I told you that over a year ago, because I have it and I play it, but you insist on believing in clickbait fakenews.

/shrug Suit yourself.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:02 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:How much are you in for with this Star Citizen debacle, Okie?

Also, GCF and I both *bought* an alpha release game that was already solid and working. We didn't throw money at anybody. Furthermore, we got discounts on our games. I think I paid like $15 for KSP. That was a good deal.

How much have you sunk into this Star Citizen racket thus far without even a working game?
So what, you think KSP was unique in those regards? Everything you just said describes SC.

And there is a working game. I told you that over a year ago, because I have it and I play it, but you insist on believing in clickbait fakenews.

/shrug Suit yourself.

Nope. I paid about fifteen bucks for a full game in exchange for early access bugs and testing.

How much money have you donated to Star Citizen?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:05 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

/shrug Suit yourself.

Nope. I paid about fifteen bucks for a full game in exchange for early access bugs and testing.

Thirty five bucks. The average pledge amount is under fifty bucks.

What? Did Derek Smart tell you all the SC backers are mortgaging their homes to throw money at this? I told you to stop listening to him. He's fakenews.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:

/shrug Suit yourself.

Let's see your receipt for "about fifteen bucks" in exchange for a "full game."

The truth is that you handed your (hard-earned or otherwise) shekels over to a graft operator. Not my problem. Can you explain how it might be my problem, P.T. Barnum consumer?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Fife wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

/shrug Suit yourself.

The truth is that you handed your (hard-earned or otherwise) shekels over to a graft operator. Not my problem. Can you explain how it might be my problem, P.T. Barnum consumer?

Purchased: Dec 31, 2013 @ 1:01pm
Kerbal Space Program - $16.19
Subtotal $26.99
Discount -$10.80 ( -40%)
Total $16.19

Sorry 16.19, not 15.00

KSP is now a full-game.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:52 pm

Fife wrote:

Subtotal $26.99
Discount -$10.80 ( -40%)
Total $16.19

Sorry 16.19, not 15.00

KSP is now a full-game.
That sounds like a good deal. How does that contract relate to dummies sending their money (or their parents' money) off to a grifter?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Fife wrote:
Fife wrote:

Subtotal $26.99
Discount -$10.80 ( -40%)
Total $16.19

Sorry 16.19, not 15.00

KSP is now a full-game.
That sounds like a good deal. How does that contract relate to dummies sending their money (or their parents' money) off to a grifter?

The difference is that I paid for a working game. It was just missing some of the features that went into the later game (really just some rocket components and the contract system). These guys weren't even buying the game. They were just giving money so somebody could develop the game.

I might be wrong about this, but it looks like they don't even necessarily get the full game when it's complete. They can play around with alpha releases (which mostly don't work), but when (if) the game ever gets released, they have to purchase it.

The difference between buying an alpha release and kickstarter scams is that when you buy early access, you just get to play the latest branch of the game in progress and you get the full update upon release. It helps small studios get capital faster to actually complete the project while providing them with a lot of gameplay testing. That too is a huge scam in a lot cases. Elite Dangerous is a huge fucking scam that even I fell for where you buy early access to the game which will never be completed and then when they add the additional code to the mainline, they source that as yet another early access purchase.

Fuck these people right in the ass with a sledgehammer. I am tired of rubes defending this shit.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:02 pm

I am not fucking around here. A good law firm could potentially make a killing taking these scammers to the cleaners.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:15 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I am not fucking around here. A good law firm could potentially make a killing taking these scammers to the cleaners.
The burden is on you to prove a contractual obligation. If we have that, I would consider taking the case.

If you were sitting in my office pitching this case, I would ask, "explain the scam to me, so that the dumbest kid who walked the stage with you in high school would totally get it."

I'm needing some help from you here.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I am not fucking around here. A good law firm could potentially make a killing taking these scammers to the cleaners.
The burden is on you to prove a contractual obligation. If we have that, I would consider taking the case.

If you were sitting in my office pitching this case, I would ask, "explain the scam to me, so that the dumbest kid who walked the stage with you in high school would totally get it."

I'm needing some help from you here.

Derik Smart already laid the case out a bit more in detail than I could do:

http://dereksmart.com/2015/09/star-citi ... -long-con/