What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Smitty-48

Re: What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:32 pm

C-Mag wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Carlus is the dummy, Trek was fine, he could have talked his way out of it, but then one his crew shot his mouth off about "letter of marque", at which point he invoked the goods on the ship as property of the Crown, you don't get your prize paid out, until the Crown inspects, takes it cut, and then signs off on it.
Exactly, if you give the crown their cut, you get more loot than you would if you don't, if just because the Crown will owe you favors. Clearly DBTrek's band of adventurers has some weak links that don't know what they are doing, it's fucking amateur hour over on that pirate ship. They don't know how to play The Game, or even take home the most loot. Pitful pirates they, a bunch of small time losers, the Crown requires more useful allies in order to bestow special privileges.

Yeah, that's it Spike, everyone has to respect me, but I don't have to respect anyone else. If I'm stuck and not smart enough to debate my way out, I'll just attack.
You're the dumb ass pirate who sailed right into port, and then started waving a phony letter of marque around and threatening people with death, simply for asking to see your bill of lading.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:33 pm

A band of D&D adventurers is only as good as their CI NPC allies. Being a bunch of well armed loners partying on a pirate ship without Crown sanctioning, that shit is for amateurs. Y'all should be working to become the power behind all the thrones of the D&D world, and play them against each other for fun. That's when you've made it.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:40 pm

Lulz

Respect My Authorit - I
I gots a Letter, you respect my Authorit- I
Yur Letters Fer Shit
You claims to be a Revenuer, but gots no papers, I gots papers, I'm Bonafied
Yur Letters Fer Shit, you gotts ta Respect my Authorit - I

I don't know if were doing this game right. :lol:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:42 pm

DBTrek's band of pirates, no diplomatic instincts whatsoever, no sense of D&D realpolitik. They think one small weapons/drugs stash aboard a pirate ship is so important that it's worth risking bad relations with the Crown, when they could give the crown their cut and help make themselves become seen by important NPCs, as irreplaceable allies. Fools.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:43 pm

C-Mag wrote:Lulz

Respect My Authorit - I
I gots a Letter, you respect my Authorit- I
Yur Letters Fer Shit
You claims to be a Revenuer, but gots no papers, I gots papers, I'm Bonafied
Yur Letters Fer Shit, you gotts ta Respect my Authorit - I

I don't know if were doing this game right. :lol:
You demanded to the see the "credentials", on pain of death even, of a Lawful Good Knight of the Realm, clearly you have a problem with authority, but you gots to pick your spots, the "credentials" of an LG KOTR, are unimpeachable.

May I see your bill of lading?

"Fuck off, Knight, or we kill you"

Yeah, er, that's go time right there right thur, threatening to kill an LG KOTR is an evil unto itself.
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:50 pm

:roll:
Now understand D&D Nerd jokes......... stuck in another reality. So quickly no longer just a game to some.
PLATA O PLOMO

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:51 pm

Having VIP NPCs as allies is worth more than any piddling alcohol and weapon stash on a single ship. Y'all are just plain short-sighted. Set up an international spy network with eyes and ears throughout the D&D world feeding you important information from multiple dimensions and realms and shit, and pointing you to the biggest loot hauls, and then eventually you can use that access to important materials and information, to run the entire world.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:57 pm

Makes sense for pirates to try to bluff their way past, but Carlus overplays the hand with "we're superduper agents, nobody can stop us, we are above the law, and anybody who gets in our way is dead meat". That's not bluffing, that's just calling it in on your pos.

Basically pulling the Sovereign Citizen stunt on the Highway Patrol; that never works.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:02 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Makes sense for pirates to try to bluff their way past, but Carlus overplays the hand with "we're superduper agents, nobody can stop us, we are above the law, and anybody who gets in our way is dead meat". That's not bluffing, that's just calling it in on your pos.

Basically pulling the Sovereign Citizen stunt on the Highway Patrol; that never works.
If they were superduper agents, they would just flash their badges and pass through quickly. Saying that they are superduper agents isn't unrealistic, if they are actually good at D&D then it's totally possible to achieve such an arrangement after some maneuvering, but not presenting their credentials when they claim to have them, that's what makes the whole thing stink.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:04 pm

While you were buying armor and weapons with your money, I bought a Letter of Marque, that gives me that authority. It's worth less than your +5 Magic Stick, but a great investment. The Letter of Marque allows me to travel land, sea and air in pursuit of enemies of the crown without delays by the common constabulary warf cops.

Seriously, all you guys got and you've decided to be Wharf Cops ? Not too heroic, pretty lame really.
PLATA O PLOMO