NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Tue May 02, 2017 12:33 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:My wife is a Toronto hater, she refused to live there, but when I came out here, I was like, meh, this is basically just a suburb of Toronto, it's still right there, I can drive down to the escarpment ten minutes away, and on a clear day, I can still see downtown from here. It's like North York, not Toronto proper, but still well within our empire. I'm an Empire Loyalist, colonizing the GTA for the 6ix.
Your wife knows what's up. Close but not too close.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:36 pm

Her sister owns a luxury condo right downtown, and she's down there all the time, so she can't hate it that much, my wife's chief complaint, was a lack of parking, she insists on having a double car garage, she ain't down with clearing snow off her car in the morning.

Mind you, now that I have a double car garage, and a shed for our third car, I don't think I could go back to street parking, that was a pain in the ass, no doubt.

When I go to the 6ix, I just take the train, then I walk everywhere, low profile, no baggage.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Thu May 04, 2017 6:22 am

lol Well the greatly depleted Pens did it last night. I'm sticking with the Pens in 6. However it would be awesome to put the Caps away Saturday night and hopefully Crosby and Conner can return for the next series. Man did the Caps choke last night.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 04, 2017 11:15 am

SilverEagle wrote:lol Well the greatly depleted Pens did it last night. I'm sticking with the Pens in 6. However it would be awesome to put the Caps away Saturday night and hopefully Crosby and Conner can return for the next series. Man did the Caps choke last night.
Yeah now is the time to shit on Ovechkin, because that was the first game of the series he actually didn't show up in. That imaginary high stick was total bullshit and ruined the end of the game, while Fleury stole that game by standing on his head. Gotta love that shot blocking too.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Thu May 04, 2017 11:19 am

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:lol Well the greatly depleted Pens did it last night. I'm sticking with the Pens in 6. However it would be awesome to put the Caps away Saturday night and hopefully Crosby and Conner can return for the next series. Man did the Caps choke last night.
Yeah now is the time to shit on Ovechkin, because that was the first game of the series he actually didn't show up in. That imaginary penalty on Bonino was total bullshit, and Fleury stole that game by standing on his head.
The ref saw if from the backside of the play and Bonino sold it. So fucking what. Besides it balances out one of the two minors the Ovi had on Sid in game 3 in case you forgot. Now back to Ovi. Yeah he blew monkey nuts last night. I mean....two shots and that's it from him? That's bad. Oh and holy shit you actually gave Fleury a complement! I thought my feet felt a little cold.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 04, 2017 11:22 am

SilverEagle wrote:The ref saw if from the backside of the play and Bonino sold it. So fucking what.
Don't call it unless you see it. If anything Bonino should have gotten a penalty for embellishment. Terrible refereeing. Make up calls aren't good refereeing either, you are just homer who is glad the refs fucked over your opponent and are trying to justify it. You can't see straight regarding your hockey team, you got the full blinders on.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu May 04, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Thu May 04, 2017 11:24 am

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:The ref saw if from the backside of the play and Bonino sold it. So fucking what.
Don't call it unless you see it. If anything Bonino should have gotten a penalty for embellishment. Terrible refereeing.
It was also terrible refereeing when Sid took a slash and high stick from Ovi and there was no call. Pen's should've had a 4 min 5 on 3. So I don't want to hear any bitching about Bonino.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 04, 2017 11:25 am

SilverEagle wrote:It was also terrible refereeing when Sid took a slash and high stick from Ovi and there was no call. Pen's should've had a 4 min 5 on 3. So I don't want to hear any bitching about Bonino.
Well too fucking bad, two wrongs don't make a right. You are going to hear bitching about both calls and you should because both calls are worthy of ridicule. Suck it up Pens homer.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Thu May 04, 2017 11:27 am

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:It was also terrible refereeing when Sid took a slash and high stick from Ovi and there was no call. Pen's should've had a 4 min 5 on 3. So I don't want to hear any bitching about Bonino.
Too bad, two wrongs don't make a right. You are going to hear bitching about both calls and you should because both calls are worthy of ridiculue.
The Pens could've won game 3 if the call was made correctly and the Caps could've won game 4 if that play was called correctly. So in this case it evens out. I suppose you think Bonino should get a game suspension for that embellishment like I heard some media jagoff spew this morning.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu May 04, 2017 11:30 am

SilverEagle wrote:The Pens could've won game 3 if the call was made correctly and the Caps could've won game 4 if that play was called correctly. So in this case it evens out.
The Capitals penalty came at much more crucial time in the game and like I said two wrongs don't make a right. A missed slash in the first period is not as bad as calling an imaginary penalty in the last two minutes of a one goal game. So if anything the Caps have a bigger beef with the refs than the Pens do, it's not even at all, even with the makeup call.

Make up calls are stupid, they should not be championed just because your team was the beneficiary of a make up call. Stop supporting terrible refereeing as a proper remedy to Ovechkin not get called for slashing. That is not the way it should work.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu May 04, 2017 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*