What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

StCapps

Re: What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:52 pm

If DBTrek's band of adventurers doesn't have special privileges from the crown, then they must be pitiful ass group who needs to work on their diplomacy skills, or their adventuring skills. Solution: Get better loot than the Crown can get on it's own and give them a cut, and/or get better bonuses on your diplomacy checks.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:57 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

No, keep reading. Like all good letters of Marque and Reprisal, it gives us authority on Sea, Land and in the Air. We can do more than government agents, not bound by the law. We Get Shit Done, that the government can't do. That's why were are awarded these privileges.
No such authority is granted, no such privileges exist, if privateer you be, you will surrender to inspection, if not, you are engaged in unlawful piracy by default, sir. A letter of marque entitles you to your prize, no more, no less, but said prize is none the less subject to inspection.
The Crown signed it and gave us authority.

Of course we have the authority. What would be the use of a letter of Marque and Reprisal if we had to follow imaginary borders land or sea.

Do you have a Letter directly from the crown showing your authority? Where are your credentials ?
Here are my credentials, pirate;

Great sword +5, divine challenge +3, valiant strike bonus +4, initiative roll 14, attack roll 15, damage roll 19.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
No such authority is granted, no such privileges exist, if privateer you be, you will surrender to inspection, if not, you are engaged in unlawful piracy by default, sir. A letter of marque entitles you to your prize, no more, no less, but said prize is none the less subject to inspection.

Of course we have the authority. What would be the use of a letter of Marque and Reprisal if we had to follow imaginary borders land or sea.

Do you have a Letter directly from the crown showing your authority? Where are your credentials ?

Great sword +5, divine challenge +3, valiant strike bonus +4, initiative roll 14, attack roll 15, damage roll 19.
Just make sure they aren't Crown sponsored pirates first, we wouldn't want to displease her majesty. Got to remember that this shit is medieval times with magic and monsters basically, such side deals are common with more formidable bands of adventurers, if DBTrek's band is worth their salt, they will have such a deal worked out.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:02 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Just make sure they aren't government sponsored pirates first, we wouldn't want to displease her majesty.
Too late, already attacked them, no agents of the crown would fail to submit to inspection, the letter of marque is revoked upon failure to submit, privateer does not an admiral make, only entitled to their prizes, that does not supersede the standing regulations and orders.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:03 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Just make sure they aren't government sponsored pirates first, we wouldn't want to displease her majesty.
Too late, already attacked them, no agents of the crown would fail to submit to inspection, the letter of marque is revoked upon failure to submit, privateer does not an admiral make.
Yeah DB seriously misplayed that, perhaps his group should rethink the leadership of their band of adventurers, mutiny time. Perhaps the Crown can deal with new leadership a lot easier than they did with DBTrek, if the Crown views them as valuable allies that is.....
:twisted:
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Attacking after being presented with our Letter of Marque and Reprisal from the Crown, and refusing to show your own authority from the crown.
:clap:

I guess we wait for Dr Youth to tell us what happened.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:09 pm

I misplayed nothing.
Some random lout appeared, began harassing my crew, and has now attacked.

Said lout is clearly evil, and is delivered to the sharks forthwith.

Carry on, merry crew. We shall dispatch evil where we find it, and in cases like this, where it finds us.
;)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:11 pm

DBTrek wrote:I misplayed nothing.
Some random lout appeared, began harassing my crew, and has now attacked.

Said lout is clearly evil, and is delivered to the sharks forthwith.

Carry on, merry crew. We shall dispatch evil where we find it, and in cases like this, where it finds us.
;)
I don't think your crew will take too kindly to you risking their deal with the Crown by trying to avoid inspection by one of her agents, and killing them for doing their job, when you could have just flashed your credentials and not pissed her majesty off.

I'd watch your back, if I were you, mutiny is in the air.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:12 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Attacking after being presented with our Letter of Marque and Reprisal from the Crown, and refusing to show your own authority from the crown.
:clap:

I guess we wait for Dr Youth to tell us what happened.
Yeah, I'll wait, a letter of marque is no license to do as you please, it only entitles you to prizes taken on the high seas, minus any arms taken which are property of the Crown, so clearly you are lying through your teeth, don't need to cast a discern lies spell to determine your claims to be false of the face of them, even if you are privateers, you're still subject to the law and chain of command, otherwise, you're not a privateer, you're just a pirate.

And since you are armed and menacing, walking around the dock barking orders at people without authority to do so, have at you, pirate, Deus Vult!
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:12 pm

StCapps wrote:I don't think your crew will take too kindly to you risking their deal with the Crown by trying to avoid inspection by one of her agents, and killing them for doing their job. I'd watch your back, if I were you, mutiny is in the air.

Nothing in the air but the sweet aroma of rum and the gleeful cries of seagulls as they scavenge a morsel of cocky Paladin from the jetsam.

Hi diddle dee dee, a pirates life for me!
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"