NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Smitty-48

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:44 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Hockey Gods being cruel to you right now, you missed Heiskanen this year, by just one pick, no way Dallas doesn't take this kid.

If I was Sakic, I would pass on Valardi and take Liljegren, he had an off year, so he's fallen in the rankings, but at one point he was projected top three, could be the steal of the draft at #8, if he even drops that far. Cale Makar is ranked higher, but Makar is just Tyson Barrie 2.0; if you want a Tyson Barrie, you already have him.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue May 02, 2017 6:11 am

StCapps wrote:Yeah, you can't get to Crosby by fucking with him physically, he's no softie, that's not a weakness of his anymore.
:lol:

It's as if SilverEagle was just asking the hockey gods to smite his overconfident ass, lulz. The Caps finally listened to us, knocked off the pussy shit, and they won a game, go figure.

If the Caps blew that game, I was going to die laughing at how pathetic they are, instead they are back in the series and they fucked Crosby's shit right up. Kuznetsov finally showed up, and Shattenkirk didn't shit the bed for once. The Pens better not let this get to 2-2 heading back to Washington, and they might have to do it without Crosby given that concussion history.

"You wouldn't be surprised if we got swept?
Well fuck you StCapps. Off with Crosby's head!
We'll show you."

Bravo Caps, bravo, if only you did it earlier in the series and didn't nearly lose by choking in the final minutes of the third period.
Bravo Caps? Are you fucking serious? That was a dirty as fuck play and you damn well know that! If you love hockey like you claim you do then you would not condone what Niskanen fucking did... not to mention the fucking slash that Ovi committed that started the shit show and somehow was not fucking called! That is not fucking hockey and that is not skill. That is simple thug behavior and has no place in the game if you want to see it grow! Why even have skill players then???? Lets just have MMA on ice! Lets all go back to the mid to late 90's hockey again because that was soooo good for the game. Are you fucking serious??? Niskanen should have a 20 game suspension for that hit, he had his hands on the stick in a cross check manner and he left his feet. Intent to injure, plain and simple. With Sid out the Caps will win in 7. If he comes back Pens in 7 or 6. Just depends on if/when Sid comes back. If Sid can't come back then dress 7 Dmen just like the fucking Caps did and go head hunting for Ovi, Backstrom, and Oshie. Go out and see if you can take them out of the playoffs because that's hockey right StCapps?
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue May 02, 2017 7:20 am

An honest assessment of the shit show that was game 3 last night. :angry-screaming: So is that hockey StCapps? Then its okay for Maata to slash Ovi with a baseball bat type swing in game 4? Knock him out of the game and only get a game misconduct?

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/122 ... ow-by-caps

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/122 ... d-nhl-must

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 02, 2017 10:11 am

SilverEagle wrote:Bravo Caps? Are you fucking serious? That was a dirty as fuck play and you damn well know that! If you love hockey like you claim you do then you would not condone what Niskanen fucking did... not to mention the fucking slash that Ovi committed that started the shit show and somehow was not fucking called! That is not fucking hockey and that is not skill. That is simple thug behavior and has no place in the game if you want to see it grow! Why even have skill players then???? Lets just have MMA on ice! Lets all go back to the mid to late 90's hockey again because that was soooo good for the game. Are you fucking serious??? Niskanen should have a 20 game suspension for that hit, he had his hands on the stick in a cross check manner and he left his feet. Intent to injure, plain and simple. With Sid out the Caps will win in 7. If he comes back Pens in 7 or 6. Just depends on if/when Sid comes back. If Sid can't come back then dress 7 Dmen just like the fucking Caps did and go head hunting for Ovi, Backstrom, and Oshie. Go out and see if you can take them out of the playoffs because that's hockey right StCapps?
Somebody is mad. :lol:
20 game suspension? You are such homer, you just can't see straight regarding your team.

Had no problem with the hit at all, the slash should have been called, but that's only two minutes. It's not my fault that Crosby can't take a hit without getting a concussion. Nothing wrong with what Niskanen did, he hit a dude who was crashing into him off balance at high speed, big whoop. That's a fucking good hit where I come from, skill players don't have a free pass to never getting hit, especially in the playoffs. You're just mad you're best player got fucked up dicking around in front of the net.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue May 02, 2017 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:17 am

I don't think you could knock OV out with that, I'll fault him for not scoring, but I can't say he's not hard, he's built like a truck, he takes the pain, look at the hit by Kadri, hyperextended his knee, I thought he was done, but there he was, right back at it in the second period, shook that off and kept on rolling.

This is why I prefer Matthews to McDavid, McDavid is reckless, and he's built like a bird, he's going to get hurt all the time, Matthews is 6'3" and gonna be 225lbs when he fills out, and when he goes to the dirty areas, he smart about it, he doesn't just fly around recklessly, he's aware of checks coming, but he establishes defensive positioning against it, he doesn't score as many highlight reel goals as McDavid, Matthews goes for the greasy goals, but I'm fine with that, better a greasy goal scorer on the ice, than a highlight reel scorer in the concussion ward.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 02, 2017 10:20 am

Smitty-48 wrote:I don't think you could knock OV out with that, I'll fault him for not scoring, but I can't say he's not hard, he's built like a truck, he takes the pain, look at the hit by Kadri, hyperextended his knee, I thought he was done, but there he was, right back at it in the second period, shook that off and kept on rolling.
It wasn't even that big of a hit, Crosby is just fragile as fuck. It certainly wasn't the Double Dion treatment that OV got in the world juniors.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue May 02, 2017 10:23 am

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:Bravo Caps? Are you fucking serious? That was a dirty as fuck play and you damn well know that! If you love hockey like you claim you do then you would not condone what Niskanen fucking did... not to mention the fucking slash that Ovi committed that started the shit show and somehow was not fucking called! That is not fucking hockey and that is not skill. That is simple thug behavior and has no place in the game if you want to see it grow! Why even have skill players then???? Lets just have MMA on ice! Lets all go back to the mid to late 90's hockey again because that was soooo good for the game. Are you fucking serious??? Niskanen should have a 20 game suspension for that hit, he had his hands on the stick in a cross check manner and he left his feet. Intent to injure, plain and simple. With Sid out the Caps will win in 7. If he comes back Pens in 7 or 6. Just depends on if/when Sid comes back. If Sid can't come back then dress 7 Dmen just like the fucking Caps did and go head hunting for Ovi, Backstrom, and Oshie. Go out and see if you can take them out of the playoffs because that's hockey right StCapps?
Somebody is mad. :lol:
20 game suspension? You are such homer, you just can't see straight regarding your team.

Had no problem with the hit at all, the slash should have been called, but that's only two minutes. It's not my fault that Crosby can't take a hit without getting a concussion. Nothing wrong with what Niskanen did, he hit a dude who was crashing into him off balance at high speed, big whoop. That's a fucking good hit where I come from, skill players don't have a free pass to never getting hit, especially in the playoffs. You're just mad you're best player got fucked up dicking around in front of the net.
It was an illegal fucking hit asshole and you know it! There is no defending it. So to you a good fucking hit is a cross check to the head?! What the fuck is wrong with you? He wasn't dicking around in front of the net. He was skating in to shoot the puck. There are legal ways to hit a player and that's not it. You are fucking retarded and your opinion is garbage. It's retards like you that keep the game down and why hockey is not even as popular as fucking basketball. You fucktard mentality is the problem. There is tough hockey and there is garbage MMA hockey and you promote the MMA hockey. Fuck that!
Last edited by SilverEagle on Tue May 02, 2017 10:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue May 02, 2017 10:26 am

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:I don't think you could knock OV out with that, I'll fault him for not scoring, but I can't say he's not hard, he's built like a truck, he takes the pain, look at the hit by Kadri, hyperextended his knee, I thought he was done, but there he was, right back at it in the second period, shook that off and kept on rolling.
It wasn't even that big of a hit, Crosby is just fragile as fuck. It certainly wasn't the Double Dion treatment that OV got in the world juniors.
WTF are you talking about. I don't care who in the fuck you are, you take a fucking cross check to the chin at high, literally, at high speed and you're going down. I don't care who the fuck you are. Your sorry ass would have to be taken off by a stretcher. I guarantee that!

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:32 am

It defiinitely looks "accidental intentional" to me, they clearly went gloves off against Crosby when he went to the net, OV high sticking him around the head, then Niskanen really follows through with the crosscheck when Crosby is sliding towards him, but the initial stick by OV is hardly a two handed chop, basically just taps him on the helmet, more harassment than intent to injure, then Crosby just slides into Niskanen, but there's definitely follow through on the crosscheck, that was more than Niskanen just trying to brace himself for the collision.

They probably just had a meeting and said "we can't let Crosby get to the net umolested, we have to start making him pay a price, go for the head, he can't take any rattles to the noggin", nothing the coach told them to do, the just said it amongst themselves

But hey, shit happens, even to Gretzky...

Last edited by Smitty-48 on Tue May 02, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 02, 2017 10:32 am

SilverEagle wrote:It was an illegal fucking hit asshole and you know it! There is no defending it. So to you a good fucking hit is a cross check to the head?! He wasn't dicking around in front of the net. He was skating in to shoot the puck. There are legal ways to hit a player and that's not it. You are fucking retarded and your opinion is garbage.
I sit and I defend the hit. Should have been a penalty fine, but throwing him out of the game was unnecessary and a 20 game suspension is ludicrous. He tried to push him away, not cross check him, you don't cross check on purpose with your hands that close together. It's called finishing your check and catching Crosby in a weird spot because he's falling and off balance.

Crosby is a pussy, who can't take any head shots. All there is to it.
*yip*