What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Smitty-48

Re: What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:03 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:Yeah they got some striker tendencies that is for sure. I'll pin them down at melee range, then you come in from the flank and smite their ass, we make a good team.
The Paladin makes divine challenge against the main opponent, and divine sanction against all who would stand with, and then just the baseline strikes are +8, how many health points does a lowly character have? Not that many, it's basically one shot one kill, without even bringing any other special attacks to bear.
Well my Dwarven Fighter is going to have a lot of hit points and be real hard to hit in melee, so I'll naturally be harded to kill than most. Warhammer, Shield and Plate, I'm the wrong Dwarf to fuck with up close, I may not hit as hard, but I can take more hits.
Haven't even got to the divine magic yet, that's the best part of the Paladin actually, not just a fighter, but can also use magic like a Cleric.

I've been doing some research, Paladin is where it's at, so long as you can stomach being Lawful Good, but, so long as they're not putting the bread in the breadbox, people much fair game for sanctioning.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:06 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Haven't even got to the divine magic yet, that's the best part of the Paladin actually, not just a fighter, but can also use magic like a Cleric.

I've been doing some research, Paladin is where it's at, so long as you can stomach being Lawful Good.
Yeah Half Fighter-Half Cleric, but isn't Lawful Neutral Paladins allowed in 5th edition? Could have sworn I remember that being the case, Neutral Good Paladins are allowed as well as I recall.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:09 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Haven't even got to the divine magic yet, that's the best part of the Paladin actually, not just a fighter, but can also use magic like a Cleric.

I've been doing some research, Paladin is where it's at, so long as you can stomach being Lawful Good.
Yeah Half Fighter-Half Cleric, but isn't Lawful Neutral Paladins allowed in 5th edition? Could have sworn I remember that being the case, Neutral Good Paladins are allowed as well as I recall.
Protecting Paladin, maybe, but Avenging Paladins; are on a mission from God, there's no neutrality, they're filled with zeal to smite the wicked without mercy.

An Avenging Paladin, is like a Templar; Deus Vult!
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:12 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Protecting Paladin, maybe, but Avenging Paladins; are on a mission from God, there's no neutrality, they're filled with zeal to smite the wicked without mercy.
That zeal can come from the Lawful or the Good, doesn't have to be Lawful Good, not in 5th edition. So tell DrY to take his alignment restrictions from past editions and shove them up his ass, lulz. You can now be one of three alignments and play a Paladin, Lawful Good, Good and Lawful, the days of Lawful Good exclusivity for Paladins is over.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:12 pm

DrYouth wrote:
C-Mag wrote: Really, you've already made him a Dragon and given him a magic stick. You may as well give him whatever he wants, he owns you.

;)
The dragon thing is his curse...

It makes a good back story.

If his charm is broken and he becomes a dragon he becomes a NPC and the rest of the adventurers must battle him...
The dragon blood and scales are worth plenty in the market place.

I mean we all sign up for this game to battle dragons anyways don't we?

I'm always thinking here.... being a DM keeps you on your toes.
:think:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:13 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Piracy violates the King's Peace and is an affront to Gaia.

The king is generous and has equipped us with dragons. Prepare to die.

Bring it.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:16 pm

One of these days we may actually have to play a campaign...

Honestly it's on my bucket list.

I'll DM it, if I can get someone else to help me prepare the campaign...
It's a lot of work and it would be kind of boring to try to do alone.
I'm still a 2nd edition guy...

Now that all being said... I can't imagine doing it in the next few years.

After the kids have moved out.... maybe in about 5 years.... but you'll all still be around... haven't gone anywhere in the past 5.

For a good campaign it would probably take about a week to play.

That's a pretty mighty commitment... but think about how much fun it would be...

Can't imagine doing it online tho.... although maybe with some kind of Skype interface.
I think it would be much better in person.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:17 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:Yeah Half Fighter-Half Cleric, but isn't Lawful Neutral Paladins allowed in 5th edition? Could have sworn I remember that being the case, Neutral Good Paladins are allowed as well as I recall.
That zeal can come from the Lawful or the Good, doesn't have to be Lawful Good, not in 5th edition. So tell DrY to take his alignment restrictions from past editions and shove them up his ass, lulz.
I'm coming around on Lawful Good, because it's not actually goodie two shoes, goody two shoes is Neutral Good, Lawful Good can be quite evil, in a round about way, depends on your perspective, to a chaotic or neutral character, Lawful Good is a nightmare coming crashing them down upon them, once it is the Avenging Paladin who sanctions.

The Avenging Paladin is basically the ultimate right wing nutjob, the Reconquista, is all to the good.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:20 pm

Smitty-48 wrote: Lawful Good can be quite evil, in a round about way, depends on your perspective, to a chaotic or neutral character, Lawful Good is a nightmare coming crashing them down upon them, once it is the Avenging Paladin who sanctions.
Probably the main difference is the gratuitous torture... depending on how you define that of course...
Ramsay Bolton probably considered himself Lawful Good.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:21 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote: Lawful Good can be quite evil, in a round about way, depends on your perspective, to a chaotic or neutral character, Lawful Good is a nightmare coming crashing them down upon them, once it is the Avenging Paladin who sanctions.
Probably the main difference is the gratuitous torture... depending on how you define that of course...
Ramsay Bolton probably considered himself Lawful Good.
An Avenging Paladin can torture; Deus Vult, bring on the inquisition, eh wot?
Nec Aspera Terrent