Just attended a Trans education session

C-Mag

Re: Just attended a Trans education session

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:33 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm
you guys don't have regular screenings for cancers, bloodwork, colonoscopies, that sort of stuff?
Got a physical for the first time in a decade in February. Everything cool. I suspect i'll be good for another decade. I'm pretty blessed with a very healthy family history.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:00 pm

TC you should cryogenically freeze yourself, for the benefit of humankind.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:01 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:00 pm

IRL Spock.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:26 am

doc_loliday wrote:
I have read enough SF to understand you cannot predict what form human civilization will take, who exactly is going to unfreeze you, and why. He should hide a semi-automatic rifle in the cryo chamber just in case.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:37 am

upload images

HAHAHAHA OH WOOOOW

CANADA IS REALLY GAY GUYS 😂😂😂 XDDDD

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:54 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Meh, if it worked.

My family, unless they do something stupid (smoking, killing part of your body by doing stupid shit) have long lifespans Traditionally.

The average ”natural” death in our family is 93 to 103.

With the medical advancements and being still ”young” in my family’s eyes. I could look to live between 100 to 120.

They are saying that people alive today could look to live to be around 130 to 150 with medical advancements.

Hell, someone figures out what keeps lobsters from aging, the back draw is it causes cancer in humans. But with CISPR we may be able to make it where our bodies destroy cancer before it becomes a problem.

The theory is humans could live to be around 500+ years old.
#NotOneRedCent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:17 am

"natural" death

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:23 am

Medicine has not done anything to increase your max life span. I do think a lot of good research has been going on in longevity and anti-aging, but it's not research being done by medical doctors.

But even there.. these drugs are not likely going to make you live longer but, rather, keep you from looking older. At least, not the stuff out now like NAD supplements and the like.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:47 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:17 am
"natural" death
There is such a thing, you do realize that?
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:57 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:23 am
Medicine has not done anything to increase your max life span. I do think a lot of good research has been going on in longevity and anti-aging, but it's not research being done by medical doctors.

But even there.. these drugs are not likely going to make you live longer but, rather, keep you from looking older. At least, not the stuff out now like NAD supplements and the like.
What I'm talking about is that they found what allows lobsters to renew their genes every so often, so what happens is when a gene gets old, it well breaks down and we see what we do, old age, slowing down of a body, etc... Lobsters have a way to reverse that, basically, it is as if their genes revert back to a time where they weren't breaking down. It is the reason we have found lobsters over 500 years old in the wild.

The problem is that if they attempted to do it in humans it causes a portion of the genes effected to create cancer, which quickly metastasis.

With the latest realization that we can trick the body back to fighting cancer instead of accepting it as a part of the body (because that is what happens with some cancers long term), we could naturally remove cancer from our own body before it becomes problematic.

If we can push this type of ability with CRSPR, we technically should be able to live for centuries if not forever... because our bodies would regenerate our genes to the point where we never would truly age.

We would have to do it to people before a specific age, unless we find a way to truly "reverse" aging... but that will be a long time coming I have a feeling with this day and age...
#NotOneRedCent