This forum should ban Holocaust deniers

C-Mag

Re: This forum should ban Holocaust deniers

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:23 am

Dan's so woke he's distanced himself for the Intellectual Dark Web.
I think he saw the backlash against others in the IDW and he quickly jumped off that.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:24 am

Woke With Dan Carlin

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:25 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/holocaust

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy

Holocaust revisionism subs, and I understand there are more.

I know I don't have evidence that the same holocaust questions come up in AskHistorians, because I never thought to I'd need to obtain any, I do I want to ask why it is so hard to believe that people could ask the same or similar questions repeatedly *on the internet*. I mean, it only takes a few people taking 20 seconds out of their day to keep a continuing theme. It doesn't take a conspiracy to pull that off. I don't even think there's anything coordinated about it.

I'm not sure what the Steven Spielberg argument is, but if it is that he allows forums to moderate themselves, either allowing or disallowing certain topics, I'm cool with that. I think Reddit is mostly a bunch of echo chambers, but if they get tired of hearing other echoes, that's on them.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:26 pm

I'm amazed those subs exist. This seems inconsistent with the Reddit behavior I'm familiar with. I need to look around there and find out what's going on.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:11 pm

Reddit has moved further from its origins which once placed a tremendous emphasis on free speech. There is a history of fighting about what should be banned. Pao and post-Pao Reddit has seen a lot of "hate" subs banned. Encouraging the death of specific people is a good way to get a sub banned, but it is still a political issue. /politics is one of the most popular subs, but there isn't a day that goes by in which the violent death of republicans, white people, and/or conservatives isn't unironically encouraged and popular subs like that are under no threat of being deleted or quarantined. That said there is still the idea that unpopular speech should be allowed. How long that will last, is hard to say. Reddit is often under fire for not removing "hate" content in virtually all of the msm. I think they are moving in the wrong direction personally because there needs to be platform for unpopular speech, and allowing it is healthy for society overall. As much as I want to protect the rights of others to associate, I know that deplatforming is a big problem. Deplatforming conservatives and republicans based on lies and manipulations, or for any reason, is a real issue and I don't know how to resolve it.