C-Mag

Re: BTFO 2018 Post Your Resolution List Here and it WILL COME TRUE

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:21 am

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:29 am

To stop getting my ass kicked by my sister who is 15. People always ask me about the bruises and I tell them I fell, but no one is buying that. She always gets those punches in because I have polio and it makes me an easy target.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:32 am

Yesterday my sister held my head in the toilet for 15 seconds after she took a dump in there. She threw my wheelchair on the roof where she knows I can't get to it. She calls the toilet manuever "The New Deal." I guess that is a reference to FDR and polio idk. This needs to stop new years or not.
Shikata ga nai

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:08 pm

heydaralon wrote:Yesterday my sister held my head in the toilet for 15 seconds after she took a dump in there. She threw my wheelchair on the roof where she knows I can't get to it. She calls the toilet manuever "The New Deal." I guess that is a reference to FDR and polio idk. This needs to stop new years or not.
:lol:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:24 pm

Was thinking about adding an item to finish a short story and try to get it published somewheres..

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:25 pm

heydaralon wrote:Yesterday my sister held my head in the toilet for 15 seconds after she took a dump in there. She threw my wheelchair on the roof where she knows I can't get to it. She calls the toilet manuever "The New Deal." I guess that is a reference to FDR and polio idk. This needs to stop new years or not.

Holy shit. :lol:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Was thinking about adding an item to finish a short story and try to get it published somewheres..
Feather in your cap if you succeed.

(Very tough. I've never gotten any of my fiction published but go for it: nothing to lose, everything to gain.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:30 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Was thinking about adding an item to finish a short story and try to get it published somewheres..

(Very tough. I've never gotten any of my fiction published but go for it: nothing to lose, everything to gain.)

Yeah, it's kind of hard, but there's a decent chance of getting something published on a fiction podcast if it's any good. Getting published in a magazine is difficult for SF (I don't know about other genres) and doesn't really pay well either. More of a challenge than anything.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:32 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:

Yeah, it's kind of hard, but there's a decent chance of getting something published on a fiction podcast if it's any good. Getting published in a magazine is difficult for SF (I don't know about other genres) and doesn't really pay well either. More of a challenge than anything.
Forget the pay. It's worth $1000s to you as a personal achievement. $10,000 maybe? It's awesome to get published.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:46 pm

Dude pm me.

Do you have any stories you have put online? I would be very interested in checking them out. Are they scifi?
Shikata ga nai