Guess the MegaTons of This Nuke

Smitty-48

Re: Guess the MegaTons of This Nuke

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:12 am

Hastur wrote:I was told the origin of the vault boy in fallout doing the thing with his thumb was that children were taught that if the thumb covered the mushroom cloud they were at a safe distance from the blast. Any truth to that?
I don't know who vault boy is, but that doesn't make any sense, the mushroom cloud comes in the wake of the explosion, so if you're alive to see it, then you must have been at a safe distance.

The mushroom cloud is just the burning debris rising into the air, the explosion itself, looks like this;

Nec Aspera Terrent

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:22 am

Smitty-48 wrote:I put no faith in rational arbitrage, as it pertains to war, if rational arbitrage was really a factor, there wouldn't be any wars at all.

The Americans are calling the North Koreans a paper tiger, the North Koreans are calling the Americans a paper tiger, both sides are assuming that the other is going to back down, and that is the very thing, which nuclear wars will be made of.
So what happens in your opinion, your guess of say the next five years?
Nothing has happened and it seems like we have been either talking about N. Korea, threatening them, them threatening us, talking shit etc. for DECADES.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:26 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:I put no faith in rational arbitrage, as it pertains to war, if rational arbitrage was really a factor, there wouldn't be any wars at all.

The Americans are calling the North Koreans a paper tiger, the North Koreans are calling the Americans a paper tiger, both sides are assuming that the other is going to back down, and that is the very thing, which nuclear wars will be made of.
Nothing has happened and it seems like we have been either talking about N. Korea, threatening them, them threatening us, talking shit etc. for DECADES.

When they gain the capabilities, they are invading the South. I am sure they plan to threaten us with CONUS-wide EMP strike if we intervene, but I can't imagine how they can invade without launching against us in the end.

The war was back on the moment they detonated that fusion bomb.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:28 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:

When they gain the capabilities, they are invading the South. I am sure they plan to threaten us with CONUS-wide EMP strike if we intervene, but I can't imagine how they can invade without launching against us in the end.

So if you had to call it now, do we end up killing Millions to stop them from taking S.Korea?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:31 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:

So if you had to call it now, do we end up killing Millions to stop them from taking S.Korea?

I would destroy every last pygmy fuck in North Korea to preserve the United States from nuclear attack. So would you wish we did that after the attack.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:35 am

It pains me to agree with StA but in this case I see no benefit to the USA, or the world, in allowing North Korea to build up an impressive stockpile of nuclear weapons.

Stopping them now would have enormous benefits, though the short term losses could be pretty terrible.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:45 am

Thats not what i asked. I'm talking turning half of Korea into a parking lot to save whatever is leftover of the southern portion? Who knows what will be habitable after that fallout.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:48 am

GloryofGreece wrote:Thats not what i asked. I'm talking turning half of Korea into a parking lot to save whatever is leftover of the southern portion? Who knows what will be habitable after that fallout.

I don't care about the southern portion either. I care about the United States.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:49 am

GloryofGreece wrote:Thats not what i asked. I'm talking turning half of Korea into a parking lot to save whatever is leftover of the southern portion? Who knows what will be habitable after that fallout.
I don't care about the southern portion either. I care about the United States.
How about Pakistan and Iran's nukes?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:50 am

:lol:

Did I ask what you asked? No. Because no one cares what you asked. You’re some clown wringing their hands over a Stalinist prison colony of unimaginable suffering being “turned into a parking lot” before they can annihilate your country. You clearly have no perspective on the subject, so what you ask is irrelevant.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"