Literal Odds and Ends

Okeefenokee

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu May 04, 2017 1:43 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Yeah, the culture here is... comical. Can't wait to walk out the fucking door, tbh.
How are the Karfunkels? Have you even called?
?
George Karfunkel?

of the New York Karfunkels?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu May 04, 2017 1:47 pm

:lol:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu May 04, 2017 1:51 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
How are the Karfunkels? Have you even called?
?
George Karfunkel?

of the New York Karfunkels?
Oh, apparently they founded that corporate wasteland. Whatevs, the place is a total joke.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri May 05, 2017 10:42 am

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO FAM BAM

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 05, 2017 3:07 pm

One of the fans on the radiator in this PC beside me is rattling and it is driving me crazy.

Oh hey it stopped.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 05, 2017 3:32 pm

I hope I forgot my rtic cup at work and somebody didn't just steal it from my van because all my locks are busted off. I'm tired of being robbed man.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 05, 2017 6:25 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I hope I forgot my rtic cup at work and somebody didn't just steal it from my van because all my locks are busted off. I'm tired of being robbed man.
You need good neighbors that will watch after your stuff while you're gone. My pawpaw was responsible for a couple of funny stories involving a phone call that went something like, "hey man, you're gonna have to come to your house. Your neighbor is here and he says he's not gonna let me load up your lawnmower."

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 05, 2017 6:41 pm

Ok

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 12, 2017 7:30 pm

Looks like an Anky to me,
‘Dinosaur Mummy’ Emerges From the Oil Sands of Alberta

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/worl ... sands.html

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat May 13, 2017 4:34 am

OXFORD, England — Birds choose like-minded nest neighbors in the woods very similarly to how humans would go about choosing a compatible personality type for a roommate, a new study on wild great tits finds.

Researchers at Oxford University analyzed the social network structure of wild great tits (Parus major) over six breeding seasons and discovered that the males — but not the females — were very selective in their choices for next neighbors. The new study finds that male great tits are quite selective when it comes to choosing birds to surround themselves with near their nests.

Wild great tit perched on a branch
A new study finds that wild great tits prefer nesting near other birds that have similar personalities.
“We found that males, but not females, were picky about personalities, with males opting for like-minded neighbors,” says study co-author and doctoral student Katerina Johnson of Oxford in a university news release. “Our results emphasize that social interactions may play a key role in animal decisions.”

Male great tits chose to associate with similarly-behaved males in what the researchers say is a move to defend their territories when aggression among the birds is at its peak during breeding season. Looking for opportunities to mate with female great tits, less aggressive males look to avoid nesting next to bolder and more aggressive males. On the other hand, female birds were more likely to choose their nesting location based on the attractive qualities of the male birds in the area.
https://www.studyfinds.org/birds-great- ... onalities/

Who would've guessed that great tits were so choosy?