Minecraft Thread

de officiis

Re: Minecraft Thread

Post by de officiis » Thu May 24, 2018 8:20 pm

Kath wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 6:50 pm
I'll get back in there tomorrow and see if I can find my way outside. Any clue where I got dumped? Just seems like a dark maze. Every once in awhile, I can make out a wall, but haven't found a way out of the room I'm in.

I found a torch, and I figured out how to place them around, but it's not adding any light.

Doc lol suggested journeymap, but when I downloaded Forge, I got virus warnings all over the place, so I shut down and ran a scan.
Here is the post with Hastur's handy map...

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1321&start=180#p183877

You can also click on this link to see the map online...

http://167.114.208.4:20262/

If the maze you were in is bushy, then you are probably in my "The Shining" maze which is the big green square on the middle right of the map. If you don't want to solve you way out, the easiest way to exit is just flying up and out.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Thu May 24, 2018 8:23 pm

Penner wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 6:34 pm
What is the server's address ?
de-officiis.my-serv.com
or
167.114.208.4:40262

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu May 24, 2018 8:32 pm

Kath wrote:
I'll get back in there tomorrow and see if I can find my way outside. Any clue where I got dumped? Just seems like a dark maze. Every once in awhile, I can make out a wall, but haven't found a way out of the room I'm in.

I found a torch, and I figured out how to place them around, but it's not adding any light.

Doc lol suggested journeymap, but when I downloaded Forge, I got virus warnings all over the place, so I shut down and ran a scan.
Press space twice to fly.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu May 24, 2018 9:20 pm

Just logged in and got the personal tour from DeO.

Holy. Shit. This is worth the price of admission, guys.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu May 24, 2018 9:49 pm

de officiis wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:20 pm
Kath wrote:

Here is the post with Hastur's handy map...

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1321&start=180#p183877

You can also click on this link to see the map online...

http://167.114.208.4:20262/

If the maze you were in is bushy, then you are probably in my "The Shining" maze which is the big green square on the middle right of the map. If you don't want to solve you way out, the easiest way to exit is just flying up and out.

Not sure what went wrong Kath. Journeymap is one of the most popular mods.

In any case, a map mod is essential imo. You get coordinates and waypoints which is pretty essential for not getting lost in the woods. I guess its not too bad since a lot of the map is city.

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri May 25, 2018 6:54 am

So I found one site for Forge yesterday, and I got tons of "VIRUS!" warning popups. Just tried another site, and it was filled with junkware that I had to keep declining, and some sort of followme app got installed anyway.

What is this Forge and why is it filled with so much crap? I didn't install this version, and when I tried to close it out, it forced me to take a demographics survey, so I had to close that shit from the task manager.

Blech.... what happens if I don't get Forge? I don't want to install a bunch of garbage.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri May 25, 2018 7:09 am

I'm stuck in a closet. It doesn't matter if I hit W,A,S or D, I only go any direction for a fraction of a second before I hit a wall. This is the entirety of my roaming space. Am I in the penalty box? WhatdIdo?

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri May 25, 2018 7:49 am

I'd appreciate a helpful guide for getting around in this thing. I figured out how to walk up stairs - W + {spacebar}

I can't find out how to get down stairs - everything I google about walking down stairs leads to pages telling me how to build stairs.

Not much in the way of user-friendly how-to guides about this thing.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 25, 2018 9:15 am

Don't you have an autist at home?

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri May 25, 2018 9:21 am

Kath wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 7:49 am
I'd appreciate a helpful guide for getting around in this thing. I figured out how to walk up stairs - W + {spacebar}

I can't find out how to get down stairs - everything I google about walking down stairs leads to pages telling me how to build stairs.

Not much in the way of user-friendly how-to guides about this thing.
Just look the way you want to go and press w. Space is for jumping. If you are flying you need to land first. Press shift till you land. After landing you need to double tap space again to start flying.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck