What Are You Listening To?

Montegriffo

Re: What Are You Listening To?

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:25 am

We stopped going to clubs in the 90s. We partied in fields at illegal raves on MDMA and LSD.
The hip-hop of the 80's transformed into techno and I made lots of money selling tea to the munters.

Upside down flag you dumb cheesy quavers.

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:39 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:25 am
We stopped going to clubs in the 90s. We partied in fields at illegal raves on MDMA and LSD.
The hip-hop of the 80's transformed into techno and I made lots of money selling tea to the munters.
We went to a lot of illegal after hours clubs, but I didn't do any drugs back then, sept liquor and tobaccy.

I had all the club connects, I worked as a bouncer on the side, I used to drive all the way from Renfrew to Toronto, work the door, then go to after hours, then drive back on Sunday night.

Then I met my girlfriend, the one before I met my wife, so I stopped coming back to Toronto and just hung out with her up in Pet. She was so young and hot, I had no more need to chase tail at that point.

Number one song in Petawawa at the time was;

Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:57 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:39 am

We went to a lot of illegal after hours clubs, but I didn't do any drugs back then, sept liquor and tobaccy.
I was never a big fan of the disco biscuits, too much speed in them for me.
Mushrooms and microdots were my prefered way of staying up all weekend selling drinks to the ravers.
Had to give them up in the end though. Didn't want to be one of those who never came back down.
This was the anthem of those days.

The Orb for the comedown.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:07 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:57 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:39 am

I was never a big fan of the disco biscuits, too much speed in them for me.
Mushrooms and microdots were my prefered way of staying up all weekend selling drinks to the ravers.
Had to give them up in the end though. Didn't want to be one of those who never came back down.
I never wanted to do any of that sort of thing, I smoked weed before I joined the army, and I smoke it now that I'm retired, but I was never into hard drugs, sept liquor and tobaccy.

I was Recce Platoon, the training was intense, doing narcotics or whatever would have degraded my performance, I was totally committed to military excellence at this point.

In the army, Grunge Rock was big, Pearl Jam was prolly number one.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:13 am

Chilli Peppers too, we all went to Lollapalooza together as a military crew, we were walking around backstage because our buddy Kevin was working security and throwing kids off the stage. We met most of the Peppers and Pearl Jam, they were just hanging out in tents behind the main stage.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:23 am

We had grunge, Nirvana were big, then Brit-pop came along and it was the Stone Roses, Oasis, Happy Mondays, Blur and Pulp.
Guitars were back baby and all that electro-shit was on its way out.

You're twisting my melon man.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:30 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:23 am
We had grunge, Nirvana were big,
They were not actually at Lollapalooza, so we never met them.

We saw Pearl Jam, Chilli Peppers, RATM, Ice Cube, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, House of Pain, and Cypress Hill.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:38 am

Since we weren't long hairs, and we were brawlers, we all pretty much rocked the Everlast style back then;

There were two types of chicks at Lollapalooza, the hippie grunge chicks, they wouldn't have anything to do with us, they were there for the long hairs.

But then there was the rocker grunge chicks, they were all over us, specially because we had backstage passes to boot.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:25 pm

You kids don't know Grand Funk? The wild shirtless lyrics of Mark Farner? The bong-rattling bass of Mel Schacher? The competent drumwork of Don Brewer? Oh, man!
Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson Airplane, which cleared the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was now set for The Alan Parsons Project, which I believe was some sort of hovercraft.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:34 pm

Hastur wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:25 pm
You kids don't know Grand Funk? The wild shirtless lyrics of Mark Farner? The bong-rattling bass of Mel Schacher? The competent drumwork of Don Brewer? Oh, man!
Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson Airplane, which cleared the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was now set for The Alan Parsons Project, which I believe was some sort of hovercraft.
The only Jefferson Airplane song I like is White Rabbit.

Jefferson Starship in an abomination; kill it with fire.

Perhaps the most cheeze dick song and vidya in rock history.

And radio stations played it, over and over, non stop, until I wanted Jefferson Starship gassed and put in the ovens.
Nec Aspera Terrent