The Chapel

DrYouth

Re: The Chapel

Post by DrYouth » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:51 pm

Wait...

Are we swearing in the Chapel?

That can't be good.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:53 pm

The purple run because DrY faggotry fundamentals inside green has.

That's the end game of redefining words on the fly.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:58 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Let's not redefine words just to win some internet debate. You misused the word in order to slyly imply anybody who actually follows their religion is some narrative thing. Fundamentalism is not some "bad" version of Christianity. I don't agree with it, but those people at least are not degenerate.
I didn't slyly imply any such thing.
I don't think people who take a literal, concrete view of their faith are bad in any way.

A narrow view of faith can sometimes be intolerant...
And at times this intolerance can factor into oppression of those that do not follow the narrow definition...
But this has nothing to do with religion... it is true of any dominant ideology... i.e. it occurs with communism, fascism, atheism,
It is actually a function of power and ideology rather than literal vs non literal views of religion.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:09 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Let's not redefine words just to win some internet debate. You misused the word in order to slyly imply anybody who actually follows their religion is some narrative thing. Fundamentalism is not some "bad" version of Christianity. I don't agree with it, but those people at least are not degenerate.
fun·da·men·tal·ism
ˌfəndəˈmen(t)lˌizəm/Submit
noun
a form of a religion, especially Islam or Protestant Christianity, that upholds belief in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture.
strict adherence to the basic principles of any subject or discipline.
plural noun: fundamentalisms
"free-market fundamentalism"
Hey look. You bitched about us changing definitions, and then changed the definition.

Sad!
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:15 pm

Fundamentalism does not mean taking a "literal, concrete view of one's faith".

It means to interpret scripture literally. Fundamentalists believe Jonah lived inside a whale for three days. It's not a prefiguration of Christ descending into Hell and resurrecting on the third day. They believe a man was literally swallowed by a whale and lived inside it before escaping on the third day of his imprisonment.

That's it. They believe even the obviously allegorical books in the canon are literal truths.

I am not letting you people redefine words any longer. You do this all the time and it has to stop.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:27 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Fundamentalism does not mean taking a "literal, concrete view of one's faith".

It means to interpret scripture literally.
Wow...

It's like you have imagined a difference where there isn't one.

A literal view of faith... Interpreting scripture literally...
Concrete view... The whale swallowed Jonah... non-metaphorically... that's what concrete thinking means.
It means non-metaphorical... literal.

There is no difference here at all... We are talking about exactly the same thing.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:32 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:The purple run because DrY faggotry fundamentals inside green has.
Did you type this on your phone... or are you high?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:46 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:The purple run because DrY faggotry fundamentals inside green has.

Keep redefining words as you go along.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:59 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
DrYouth wrote:

High as a kite.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:17 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
DrYouth wrote: Did you type this on your phone... or are you high?

High as a kite.

Is that newspeak for "I admit I fucked up and tried to redefine words to suit my argument"?