Fitness Thread

Fife

Re: Fitness Thread

Post by Fife » Sat May 05, 2018 3:13 pm

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon May 14, 2018 3:38 pm

OK, I've been focusing on T-level for about 10 weeks (passively, I haven't had specific blood work during this period). Strong like bull. Now, educate me on the difference/symmetry re: testosterone and estrogen.

Keep Estrogen Under Control
A Manly Man's Guide to Estrogen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 14, 2018 3:49 pm

Take DIM. Every now and again, take Androsta.

DHEA is amazing, but it is the mother hormone to both. Take that along with anti-estrogen stack. That works longterm.

ZMA shops are not a bad idea either.

Besides that, sleep a lot. Don't wear anything that restricts your nuts, especially at night. Go with light baggy pajamas. Keep the temp cold at night.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon May 14, 2018 3:56 pm

I've been trying out DHEA, but haven't got any DIM yet.

I've been delayed on starting Rippetoe lifting from the start because of some lingering shoulder problems, but that's about resolved (I hope).

Loose nuts at night and sleeping refrigeration has never been a problem. :goteam:

I've definitely had an improvement on sleep lately. I think saw palmetto has helped with prostate already, at my age.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 14, 2018 3:58 pm

Dude, try GST. My shoulder issues are mostly healed. I am closing in on shoulder dislocates. I spin around on the rings no problem.

Use Starting Strength for lower body.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon May 14, 2018 4:15 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:58 pm
Dude, try GST. My shoulder issues are mostly healed. I am closing in on shoulder dislocates. I spin around on the rings no problem.

Use Starting Strength for lower body.
I like the idea of GST, especially given the choices I have currently to try it out. When I escape soon to the lake on a near-permanent basis, I won't have so many options, without driving 30-45 minutes. Now that I think about it, that's about the same time restrictions I face now living in the gravity well of Nashvegas. Fuckit, I can work out 3 times a week in Murray if necessary, and make my living those days on some undergrad coffeehouse wifi. I've got to GTFO of here, and soon, now that my kiddo is heading out to school.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 14, 2018 4:25 pm

All you really need are some rings, parallettes, an exercise mat/crash pad, and maybe some kettlebells for legs.

As long as you have a tree limb to hang the rings, rafters, or just a 2x4 you can nail between two trees, you are golden.

And you can get strong as fuck like that. My muscles popped out big time since I started this.

My mobility is much greater. Flexibility is much better. Pain is even less.

Not going back.

For legs, though, you are on your own. You might want to check out kettlebells for legs and lower back.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue May 15, 2018 8:05 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:25 pm
All you really need are some rings, parallettes, an exercise mat/crash pad, and maybe some kettlebells for legs.

As long as you have a tree limb to hang the rings, rafters, or just a 2x4 you can nail between two trees, you are golden.

And you can get strong as fuck like that. My muscles popped out big time since I started this.

My mobility is much greater. Flexibility is much better. Pain is even less.

Not going back.

For legs, though, you are on your own. You might want to check out kettlebells for legs and lower back.
+1 on the kettlebells

You can do a lot with just a single 20lb bell
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue May 15, 2018 8:22 am

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 15, 2018 8:53 am

Historically, music’s leading men have been less burdened by stereotypes of masculinity. But if the godfathers of nonbinary pop — from Freddie Mercury to Adam Lambert — paved the way, their personas often came across as glam-rock caricature.
Oh, really.