NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Smitty-48

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:01 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
Whinny bitch mode is not in Sid's game anymore.
It's not about whiny bitch, they just have to physically hurt him, wear him down, put the body on him, without quarter, problem being, the Caps aren't actually that physical, they throw a hit once in awhile, but they don't pound on people relentlessly, they pretty much let Matthews run amok, never put the body on him once, which, thank goodness for that; safely back in Arizona now, resting up for next year.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:05 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:If I'm the Caps, my gameplan is this; Brooks Orpik, go elbow Crosby in the head.
Basically. If you don't get to Crosby physically and get him into whinny bitch mode, it doesn't look good, especially when your defense is playing like trash. Thankfully for the Caps, Crosby has been known to turn into a moody little bitch, especially in the playoffs, when that does happen. So get on it, ASAP.
Whinny bitch mode is not in Sid's game anymore. Their best be would to be getting Malkin off his game and make him take stupid penalties like he has done in the past. However Geno doesn't seem to do that anymore either. I love Orpik and he was a hell of a Pen (I gave one of my sons the middle name Brooks, nod to Herb Brooks and Brooks Orpik) but if he would take a cheap shot at Sid's head..............He would be suspended for sure. Besides I doubt he would do that to a friend. You would have to talk another goon into doing it.
You just want to believe that every player on your team has gotten over the biggest flaws in their game, but it's just wishful thinking on the part of a Pens fan. Not buying it, that shit is still plenty exploitable, be worried, knock off the overconfidence.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:08 pm

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
StCapps wrote:Basically. If you don't get to Crosby physically and get him into whinny bitch mode, it doesn't look good, especially when your defense is playing like trash. Thankfully for the Caps, Crosby has been known to turn into a moody little bitch, especially in the playoffs, when that does happen. So get on it, ASAP.
Whinny bitch mode is not in Sid's game anymore. Their best be would to be getting Malkin off his game and make him take stupid penalties like he has done in the past. However Geno doesn't seem to do that anymore either. I love Orpik and he was a hell of a Pen (I gave one of my sons the middle name Brooks, nod to Herb Brooks and Brooks Orpik) but if he would take a cheap shot at Sid's head..............He would be suspended for sure. Besides I doubt he would do that to a friend. You would have to talk another goon into doing it.
You just want to believe that every player on your team has gotten over the biggest flaws in their game, but it's just wishful thinking on the part of a Pens fan. Not buying it, that shit is still plenty exploitable, be worried, knock off the overconfidence.

Why so butt hurt StCapps?
:hand: Until they prove me wrong....I'm not wrong. 8-)
Last edited by SilverEagle on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:08 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
It's not about whiny bitch, they just have to physically hurt him, wear him down, put the body on him, without quarter, problem being, the Caps aren't actually that physical, they throw a hit once in awhile, but they don't pound on people relentlessly, they pretty much let Matthews run amok, never put the body on him once, which, thank goodness for that; safely back in Arizona now, resting up for next year.
They didn't even retaliate when the Leafs were taking shots at Ovechkin. The Caps really need to knock off the pussy shit, or they are going to lose.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:10 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
They didn't even retaliate when the Leafs were taking shots at Ovechkin. The Caps really need to knock off the pussy shit, or they are going to lose.
They've already lost. The Caps will not bounce back from this because the Pens are in their heads.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:11 pm

SilverEagle wrote: :hand: Until they prove me wrong....I'm not wrong. 8-)
They have proven you wrong repeatedly throughout their careers. Until they prove otherwise with any consistency, you're wrong. Simple wishful thinking that because it hasn't happened yet this year and it didn't happen last year, that it's somehow a problem of the past that is unlikely to rear it's head again. History is on my side, you are just wrong.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:13 pm

SilverEagle wrote:They've already lost. The Caps will not bounce back from this because the Pens are in their heads.
They can bounce back, but I have no doubt the Pens are in their heads with that 8-1 series record against them in the playoffs in the Crosby-Ovechkin era. You are way too overconfident though, the hockey gods might just smite the Pens just because of that, I'd slow your roll if I was you.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:16 pm

The Caps are built to be this supposedly "heavy team", but they don't actually play Sutter Hockey, they need to take a page out of the LA Kings playbook, but they actually play more like the Leafs, the Caps actually like to run and gun, which, that's just gonna let Crosby run amok.

I mean, shit, Nazem Kadri almost ended Ovechkin for the season, and the Caps basically just let it go, not that I didn't love the hit, but I thought shit was going to be coming down after that, I was like, "uh-oh, keep your head up Matthews, they're going to be out for blood now", but no, nothing, they didn't even react, they just went back to run and gun, and let the Leafs off the hook, the Leafs were not likely to win that series, but at least nobody got seriously hurt, except for Polak, which was just kind of a fluke, Orpik didn't even hit him, he just fell awkwardly.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:19 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The Caps are built to be this supposedly "heavy team", but they don't actually play Sutter Hockey, they need to take a page out of the LA Kings playbook, but they actually play more like the Leafs, the Caps actually like to run and gun, which, that's just gonna let Crosby run amok.

I mean, shit, Nazem Kadri almost ended Ovechkin for the season, and the Caps basically just let it go, not that I didn't love the hit, but I thought shit was going to be coming down after that, I was like, "uh-oh, keep your head up Matthews, they're going to be out for blood now", but no, nothing, they didn't even react, they just went back to run and gun, and let the Leafs off the hook.
They aren't going to out speed and out finesse the Pens, if that is the strategy, they are just fucking retarded on top of being giant fucking pussies. I couldn't believe they let the Ovechkin hit slide, Ovechkin was the only who seemed to give a shit, he was the only Cap to physically respond and took a dumb penalty doing so because his teammates didn't have his back and refused to retaliate for him. Was fucking pathetic.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:27 pm

Yeah, that's the funny thing, they only guy on the team who responded to Ovechkin getting hit, was Ovechkin, he's the only one who hits anybody hard, the rest of them just float around, even Brooks Orpik didn't do shit about it.

Kadri meanwhile, was running around smoking everybody, like he was Dave The Hammer Shultz or something. Which was awesome, but he can't back that shit up, he's a Turtle Boy, I was cheering, no doubt, but I couldn't believe the shit he was getting away with; with nobody answering the bell.

Wash was giving Kadri a wide berth, like he was Milan Lucic backed up by Zdeno Chara, while on the otherside of the puck, they didn't lay a glove on Matthews at all.

Seriously, the only reason the Leafs lost that series, is that they have no defensive depth at all, with the series on the line, they have Martin Marincin and Matt Hunwick on the ice, these guys are 7-8 defenceman, which the Leafs were having to play like they were top 4, considering how thin the Leafs are on the back end, they were the better team in the series, if the Leafs can ever get a defence, they will come back and smoke Washington out of the rink.
Nec Aspera Terrent