NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Smitty-48

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:33 pm

That Pens top line is looking like the Leafs on steroids, Crosby instead of Matthews, Gentzel backing them off like Nylander, Hornquist a big upgrade on Hyman, then Bonino comes in and pulls a Kadri for the win, it's the same Caps from the first round, Pens in 5.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:38 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:That Pens top line is looking like the Leafs on steroids, Crosby instead of Matthews, Gentzel backing them off like Nylander, Hornquist a big upgrade on Hyman, then Bonino comes in and pulls a Kadri for the win, it's the same Caps from the first round, Pens in 5.
I'm sticking with Pens in 6 for now. However if the Pens win Game 2.....Then I'm with you Smitty, it will be Pens in 5 and StCapps screaming Fleury sucks. Winning game 1 was huge for the Pens.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:40 pm

If Pitt wins game two, get out the brooms, that's Pens in 4.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:40 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:That Pens top line is looking like the Leafs on steroids, Crosby instead of Matthews, Gentzel backing them off like Nylander, Hornquist a big upgrade on Hyman, then Bonino comes in and pulls a Kadri for the win, it's the same Caps from the first round, Pens in 5.
Yeah through six games the Crosby line has looked unstoppable thus far. If the Caps can't find another gear, they are toast, the Pens didn't even play good last night and they still couldn't capitalize. Kuznetsov, Holtby and the whole Caps D have to step up, because Ovie killed it last night and it wasn't enough against a Pens on their B game.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:44 pm

They just don't have anything to answer Crosby, Ovechkin is not a Crosby, he's not even a Matthews, Ovechkin gets his one goal per game, and that's about it, whereas Crosby gets as many goals as is required, to win the game, Ovechkin checks the box and then goes back to sleep, Crosby just keeps coming, relentlessly.

When the Pens need a goal, Crosby just goes out and makes it happen, the more they need it, the more he ramps it up.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:They just don't have anything to answer Crosby, Ovechkin is not a Crosby, he's not even a Matthews, Ovechkin gets his one goal per game, and that's about it, whereas Crosby gets as many goals as is required, to win the game, Ovechkin checks the box and then goes back to sleep, Crosby just keeps coming, relentlessly.

When the Pens need a goal, Crosby just goes out and makes it happen, the more they need it, the more he ramps it up.
Ovechkin was all world last night. Crosby just got one more goal because Washington's D was napping, they both fucking killed it. Difference was Crosby got more help from the rest of the team.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:48 pm

If I'm the Caps, my gameplan is this; Brooks Orpik, go elbow Crosby in the head.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:If I'm the Caps, my gameplan is this; Brooks Orpik, go elbow Crosby in the head.
Basically. If you don't get to Crosby physically and get him into whinny bitch mode, it doesn't look good, especially when your defense is playing like trash. Thankfully for the Caps, Crosby has been known to turn into a moody little bitch, especially in the playoffs, when that does happen. So get on it, ASAP, because if you let him skate around untouched like on that second goal, then you simply aren't going to win the series.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:57 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:If I'm the Caps, my gameplan is this; Brooks Orpik, go elbow Crosby in the head.
Basically. If you don't get to Crosby physically and get him into whinny bitch mode, it doesn't look good, especially when your defense is playing like trash. Thankfully for the Caps, Crosby has been known to turn into a moody little bitch, especially in the playoffs, when that does happen. So get on it, ASAP.
Whinny bitch mode is not in Sid's game anymore. Their best be would to be getting Malkin off his game and make him take stupid penalties like he has done in the past. However Geno doesn't seem to do that anymore either. I love Orpik and he was a hell of a Pen (I gave one of my sons the middle name Brooks, nod to Herb Brooks and Brooks Orpik) but if he would take a cheap shot at Sid's head..............He would be suspended for sure. Besides I doubt he would do that to a friend. You would have to talk another goon into doing it.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:57 pm

StCapps wrote:
Basically. If you don't get to Crosby physically and get him into whinny bitch mode, it doesn't look good, especially when your defense is playing like trash. Thankfully for the Caps, Crosby has been known to turn into a moody little bitch, especially in the playoffs, when that does happen. So get on it, ASAP, because if you let him skate around untouched like on that second goal, then you simply aren't going to win the series.
Exactly, it's all about Crosby, have to just go at him, without quarter, pound on him, with lots of cheap shots, otherwise, he's just gonna run amok.
Nec Aspera Terrent