International sports bar

StCapps

Re: International sports bar

Post by StCapps » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:13 am

Hardly anyone ever has anything to lose when fighting Mayweather, they are expected to be made to look like fools, and so when they inevitably do, they get cut slack for it. I don't see a real difference between MacGregor and most of Floyd's opponents in the "has nothing to lose" department, you are embellishing the relevance of this factor, Floyd has dealt with it many times before, as he has fought many a guy who wanted to try and brawl with him and make the fight as untechnical and dirty as possible, and dealt with that with ease.

The best thing MacGregor has going for him, is the lack of tape on him in twelve boxing match against another professional boxer, that's his biggest edge and it's nowhere near as big of an edge as Floyd's experience edge, so lack of tape is actually Conor's biggest weakness and his biggest strength, so that does not bode well for him. Floyd has nothing to lose because MacGregor chances are so low, and he gets more money than if he fought anyone else, best fight he could possibly take, it's only a bad fight to take if MacGregor pulls off the greatest upset of all time, and those chances are so remote it's worth the risk to make all that money, and then some.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:16 am

StCapps wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I'm hardly an expert on boxing or MMA. It's just a feeling I have. Maybe I am wrong. But I can usually smell an SJW shitstorm coming, and I smell it here in the wake of McGregor winning the match.
Who cares about the SJW shitstorm? The shitstorm that would ensue among fight fans, and even those who didn't even watch the fight live, that would be something to behold. SJWs have nothing to talk about in the wake of an upset, they'll be drowned out by infinitely more interesting discussions that everyone else is having, bet that. The SJWs won't get a word in edgewise, if that happened. Not everything is about SJWs dude, their reaction to a MacGregor upset wouldn't even be the slightest bit interesting.

I don't care. I am just telling you that I get a feeling about these things like an arthritic can feel a thunderstorm coming.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:18 am

Your gut is that good at determining who wins a fight? What track record do you have to attest to that? An election and a fight are two very different things, apples and oranges.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:21 am

StCapps wrote:
The best thing MacGregor has going for him, is the lack of tape on him in twelve boxing match against another professional boxer, that's his biggest edge and it's nowhere near as big of an edge as Floyd's experience edge, so lack of tape is actually Conor's biggest weakness and his biggest strength, so that does not bode well for him. Floyd has nothing to lose because MacGregor chances are so low, and he gets more money than if he fought anyone else, best fight he could possibly take, it's only a bad fight to take if MacGregor pulls off the greatest upset of all time, and those chances are so remote it's worth the risk to make all that money, and then some.

+1 Excellent Point

Personally don't care, if McGregor wins it will be a lot of fun. Still disagree on this point, Mayweather has a TON to lose, and he represents Boxing. If an MMA fighter comes in and beats the greatest fighter in a generation, everyone will say Boxing is dead, can't compete with MMA.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:24 am

C-Mag wrote:+1 Excellent Point

Personally don't care, if McGregor wins it will be a lot of fun. Still disagree on this point, Mayweather has a TON to lose, and he represents Boxing. If an MMA fighter comes in and beats the greatest fighter in a generation, everyone will say Boxing is dead, can't compete with MMA.
They casual dummies always think that boxing is dead, and it will be as untrue as all the other times they have said it. If Mayweather loses, then all he loses is his perfect record, and now everyone knows that he's washed up and can't hack it anymore, and he should have stayed retired, but he can soothe that pain with the 9 digits he's earning for this fight. Not much to lose, even in the worst case scenario, you embellish the worst case scenario for Floyd.

MacGregor will get a huge bump, and to lesser degree MMA will as well, but boxing will be far from dead, and Floyd will be still be the greatest boxer of a generation. Worst case scenario for Floyd, really isn't that bad, not bad at all really.
/shrugs
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:25 am

Is this thing pay per view
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:25 am

C-Mag wrote:Is this thing pay per view
Of course. It's going to be in the neighborhood of $100.

How else do think Mayweather and MacGregor are making so much money for this fight? Fan Donations?
:P
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:32 am

StCapps wrote:

How else do think Mayweather and MacGregor are making so much money for this fight? Fan Donations?
Only 20 quid over here, they are riding you a bit too hard at a hundred bucks for what could easily be all over in 3 rounds.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:35 am

Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Only 20 quid over here, they are riding you a bit too hard at a hundred bucks for what could easily be all over in 3 rounds.
Naturally. But people will pay it, so they are more than willing to charge it. Fortunately for you in the UK, most of y'all won't pay that much, so they charge a lot less. That's just the way she goes, the North Americans get fleeced when it comes to paying for the big fights that everyone wants to see, and it's been that way ever since PPV caught on over here.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:37 am

StCapps wrote:Your gut is that good at determining who wins a fight? What track record do you have to attest to that? An election and a fight are two very different things, apples and oranges.

Not saying that. I just have a feeling this is going to be a huge "institutional racism" issue when McGregor wins and gloats. Like I said, the Norns have it out for the SJWs. Don't bet against the Norns. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think so. Like I said, I don't base this on any expertise in the sport. So feel free to disregard it.