Just attended a Trans education session

Speaker to Animals

Re: Just attended a Trans education session

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:59 am

I am starting to wonder if the only safe time to see a doctor is when you are physically injured or literally dying. At that point, the iatrogenic risk is minimized in that the alternative of doing nothing is worse than the risk of the doctor fucking you up.

People have been going to a doctor appointment at least once per year for generations, and they were told stupid shit like "just cut the fat out of your diet and eat lots of sugar", "your cholesterol is bad so you need to take lipitor", or "oh, you have a bit chronic pain, take these pills". Then people get more and more diabetes, heart attacks, opiate addictions, and worse.

If you really think about it, they haven't actually added much to your max life expectancy. Where medicine helped was in curing diseases and nearly eliminating infant mortality. If you lived past childhood in the medieval period, for instance, you'd either die from a disease, accident, violence, or when you were in your 80s-90s.

Think about what really improved our life expectancy: sanitation, sewage systems, clean water, safer communities etc.

What really do doctors do for us? If you want to get away with openly assassinating somebody, it seems to me the best thing you could do is pay for a full-time physician to help him like Michael Jackson had.

The part that actually pisses me off is that it's rarely a mistake. They do it because it profits them. If, after your doctor recommends some drug or treatment, you could honestly get him to admit what he would choose if he were the sick person, I bet the treatment he would select for himself would rarely be what he prescribes. For instance, how many doctors do you suppose would risk opiate addiction for a back injury? Would this dick slasher doctor cut the penis off his own son? I would bet you the answer in most cases is that they would not do what they are selling to other people.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:03 am

I am the only one in the family that doesn't take medication for "health issues"... I eat what I want, I drink what I want, and my labs come back healthy. Doctors can't figure it out, but all I know is that each time they try to put me on something I ask why most can't give a logical reason so I say no.
#NotOneRedCent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:01 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:59 am
I am starting to wonder if the only safe time to see a doctor is when you are physically injured or literally dying. At that point, the iatrogenic risk is minimized in that the alternative of doing nothing is worse than the risk of the doctor fucking you up.
Pretty much...

Or if you broke a few bones and need them set.
They can also stitch up large lacerations pretty well.
Probably, if you know you have a tumour... although this gets dicey sometimes.

Otherwise steering clear is generally in order.

Most of the rest is unnecessary.

My favorite doctor line is: 'You should probably do something about your stress level."
Like what doc?
Hell if I know

Or

Exercise and eat better.

Thanks for saying the obvious... you think I don't already know that.... How much am I paying you?

This above probably accounts for over 50% of doctor visits.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:04 pm

chemical formula of aluminium sulphide

One man tried to warn us about (((doctors))) but we didn't listen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:24 pm

I wonder if the framing is wrong. What if, instead of presenting as the guy that makes you healthier, a doctor presents as the guy who looks for something wrong?

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm

you guys don't have regular screenings for cancers, bloodwork, colonoscopies, that sort of stuff?

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:12 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm
you guys don't have regular screenings for cancers, bloodwork, colonoscopies, that sort of stuff?
In the US yes, but with everything politicized... so take with it what you will.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:39 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
No. I have the fake health care you all will have when the democrats take back the executive and legislative branches.

My red pill moment was when I realized it keeps me living longer to have a fake doctor who doesn't do anything.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:12 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
lol I can't even provide healthcare for my family let alone my colon

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:21 pm

Health expenditure as % of GDP
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.