Heading to the Dark Continent

Fife

Re: Heading to the Dark Continent

Post by Fife » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:01 pm

Have a ball Dr Y.

Don't forget to affirmatively declare at customs that you make no claim to real property or personalty in your destination.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:02 pm

Wakanda Foeva!

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:09 pm

If you see Mitch McConnell or Nancy Pelosi over there, give them a big hidee-ho!

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:10 pm

For my charity work, I was thinking about spending a week in San Francisco to help treat the plague victims.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:14 pm

Does the hazmat suit come from your local church tho, or just off of some truck?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:16 pm

Fife wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:14 pm
Does the hazmat suit come from your local church tho, or just off of some truck?
No kit. Trust in Jesus.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:24 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:13 am
Going to Africa.

Taking the kids.

WIsh us luck.

I'll tell you all about it if and when we return.

JK... We're playing it relatively safe... but not way too safe.

South Africa, Botswana, Victoria Falls, Mozambique.

Perhaps we will encounter the heart of darkness... but probably not... Congo isn't on the itinerary.
You aren't better than me. I know that you made this thread to rub it in my face that you are cultured and travel a lot, but I have class and knowledge that you'd never even begin to understand. I collected all 50 US State Quarters before the age of 18, including the rare Rhode Island and Nevada ones. How's that for travel? I have the complete works of Louis Sachar on my bookshelf and have finished most of them, including Holes, which is the Sachar equivalent of Finnegan's Wake. I also practice horticulture, and have grown basil plants which were small plants when I got them from Lowe's, but now are quite large plants. Start treating me with some respect, and ponder what I talked to you about in this post while you follow the footsteps of Colonel Kurtz. The Kurtz statement is a reference to Jules Verne's famous novel which was adapted into a screenplay, in case that went over your head, which I'm sure it did, you arrogant little shit.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:46 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:16 pm
Fife wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:14 pm
No kit. Trust in Jesus.
That worked out real well during the Black Death.
*yip*

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:02 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:27 pm
A controversial proposal by a senior German official that foreign powers acquire land in Africa to curb migration has been rejected by the African Union, writes the BBC's Dickens Olewe.

The European Union, or a body like the World Bank, should build and run cities in Africa in order to boost job creation and development on the continent, Germany's Africa Commissioner, Gunter Nooke, told the BBC in an interview in which he outlined his thinking on how to stem migration to Europe.

This will mean African countries leasing their land to a foreign body to "allow free development for 50 years", Mr Nooke said.

It is a controversial idea, rejected by critics as reeking of colonialism. But others - like Carol Musyoka, an academic at Strathmore Business School, one of Kenya's top universities - are open to the concept.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-46017551
Jesus Christ, the Germans just can't help it, can they?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:09 am

The error in their idea is that they assume the neoliberal equality myth is for real when it obviously is not.

The idea that Africans just need to adopt white customs and they will become Wakanda causes so much grief and trouble.