Make Martin Famous V2

DBTrek

Re: Make Martin Famous V2

Post by DBTrek » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:51 am

I think a YouTube channel is a good idea.
I think watching a guy behind a desk talk for ten solid minutes is a tough sell.

There has to be an easy way (gimmick) to break up the footage and keep short attention spans focused.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:01 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:46 am
I think a YouTube channel needs new ideas.
Dude, my podcast is a constant stream of new ideas. I'm constantly presenting new ideas. That's my unique strength: insight. So far, nada. These other YouTubers I watch, there are few new ideas there, not compared to me anyway, but they have followers.

p.s. Do you even watch Styx, Turley, Adams, etc.?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:03 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:51 am
I think watching a guy behind a desk talk for ten solid minutes is a tough sell.

There has to be an easy way (gimmick) to break up the footage and keep short attention spans focused.
You mean like tightly scripted 2-minute pieces of provocation with lots of personality flair?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:08 am

This guy is huge.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:08 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:03 am
DBTrek wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:51 am

You mean like tightly scripted 2-minute pieces of provocation with lots of personality flair?
I don’t know, that’s one possibility. It depends on how much info you’re trying to convey. If you decide to impose an arbitrary 10 minute timeframe, then you’ll need to stick to topics that fit well within 10 mins. If you want to toss out ideas and observations like bird seed, then 2-minute personality chunks will suffice.

It all comes down to taking the most effective route in conveying the information you’re wanting to share. If no one watches, no information is conveyed. I was thinking more along the lines of women in Octoberfest drindls bringing you a fresh mug of beer every minute and ending the show only when you become incoherent ... but I’m sure there are other methods.

:lol:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:12 am

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:14 am

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:55 am

Your first YouTube show should be a sit-down Trump discussion with Kanye West.
That will establish your viewership right out of the gate.

Plus Kanye is 50/50 likely to agree, depending on his mood.
:dance:

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:25 am
Now that we’ve all gained more sophistication on how important fame is, and how difficult it is to achieve, I’m restarting the Make Martin Famous campaign.

First, I’m going to continue running for office. There’s no better cheap advertising.

All the other ideas were failures but one that was mentioned but not tried was a Martin meme. It could, of course, backfire, but we have the talent here required to make one. Anybody have any ideas.

Here is a serious idea Martin:

Try to get Dan on your podcast or youtube channel. He has lost his roots, but I have zero doubt he remembers you. Your political views are radical, but you don't call him a msm cuck like the rest of us do so I think there is a good chance he would talk to you. He always talks about third options, so when you ask him to be a guest, stress this point. Hammer it home that you are trying to make a change in the bipartisan system. Remember when Dan interviewed Rocky Anderson, Buddy Roemer, and Gary Johnson? Tell him you are trying to break the duopoly. Once you get him on the air, lull him into a false sense of security with some softball questions. Then really turn the screws. Ask how he collected hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years from his listeners by claiming to want change, then when Trump came along, he became quieter than a Sunni in Sadr City. Ask him what PBS will and won't let him say and when he sold out to them. Ask him if he is intimidated by the numerous other podcasters whose quality in history shows has caught up to his, and how they release better content on a faster timetable. Ask him about #metoo and if he is ready to double down on his Common Sense show he did years ago about how celebrities used to always fuck teenagers in the past and it wasn't a big deal, and something they did like that decades ago shouldn't be held against them now, or if he will denounce that statement now. Just really crawl up his ass and stay there. This show will determine whether Dan is really a Martian or if he is merely an Earthling whose political views are less than a standard deviation away from Lena Dunham's and Jamelle Bouie's. It will make great entertainment. But seriously, debate him on this social justice shit, the role of the press and their dishonesty, the alternatives to Trump etc. You have some great ideas. You might even be able to get some of Dan's cucked reddit and social media fans. Out of all the famous people we mentioned on here, Dan is by far your best shot. The DCF forum was small, and you had a loud voice on there. Can't hurt to ask him, unless his cronies at the Clinton foundation are screening his emails before they get to him.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:22 pm

I really think you should listen to that those two Swedes Hastur linked in the podcast thread.

I see lots of people just rehashing the same red pill shit. I see lots of people doing the "classical liberal" spiel. There already are intellectuals who staked out all the territory in those idea spaces. What you need are novel ideas. Those two guys have it in spades.

For instance, when Black Pigeon Speaks opened his channel with the video on how women destroy civilization, there was sort of people in that idea space in the form of MGTOW, but it was total garbage and not coherent. Further, it was crammed with all that MGTOW (feminism for men) shit. BPS came in with a rational take on this phenomenon and made that his space. There would be no point to make a copy of BPS channel with the same ideas expressed in a slightly different way.

Same thing with Jordan Peterson. He brings a psychological take on certain things in a certain framework that is his own.

Those Swedish guys are way, way fucking ahead of the curve on ideas. I don't agree with everything they are saying, but I like the direction in which they are taking it. It's very original and interesting.