The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Hwen Hoshino

Re: The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:51 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote::lol:

The dream dies hard.
You mean reality.

It's as dead as that combat veteran in the video.
Not yet.

de officiis

Re: The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Post by de officiis » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:04 pm

Shitty nursing home care is a universal phenomenon.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:23 pm

de officiis wrote:Shitty nursing home care is a universal phenomenon.
And often the only alternative. Hell is trying to get medical care for elderly parents without huge piles of money. Do we have mom die sooner in our house because we can’t provide the level of care she needs or do we bankrupt ourselves keeping her in a safer (but lousy) place that can meet her medical needs?
:royalty-queen:

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:32 pm

This is perhaps the archetypal example of state failure.

For what is the state *less* suited to do than provide care for our weakest members?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:46 pm

Fife wrote:This is perhaps the archetypal example of state failure.

For what is the state *less* suited to do than provide care for our weakest members?
You are far weaker than me. I have developed weight lifting programs that could have allowed me to deadlift 500 pounds with one hand. I did not actually follow through with them, but I did devise them and they would work if I didn't spend a good portion of my day playing Runescape and if I had a body type conducive to building muscle. You might need the state to protect you but I'm not scared of life. Yesterday, I walked down to my mailbox to get my mail. Tomorrow, I will go to the end of my neighborhood and far beyond that even. I solve my own problems, and I don't even have the phone number for the police memorized because I am too confident in my own emergency service rapid response abilities to even bother dialing. Are you frightened of talking to girls? So am I, but I do it. I have learned that women generally want to know about roleplaying games and resource farming online, but they are too scared to ask. I break the ice by telling them, and I give them tips on cutting runescape lumber or minecraft fishing. I made an iron golem farm that was so effective that my nerdpole was like Mecca on the server. People were e-bowing towards it five times a day and mojang tried to conference call me on skype but I disabled video b/c I was confidently masturbating with my back facing the mirror since my ass is hairless like a woman this is an extremely erotic exercise.
Shikata ga nai

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:49 pm

That was an epic rant daralon.

I'm assuming you're not sober... if you are that's even more awesome.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:51 pm

Fife wrote:
The average family doesn’t begin to have the resources to care for the infirm elderly. What are possible solutions? The state sucks but right now is often the only way to get any care.
:royalty-queen:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:51 pm

What do you guys think about this retirement home:

That guy gets a lot of respect from me. That's ideal right there.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:04 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:What do you guys think about this retirement home:

That guy gets a lot of respect from me. That's ideal right there.
Sign me up, broheim.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:08 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Fife wrote:
The average family doesn’t begin to have the resources to care for the infirm elderly. What are possible solutions? The state sucks but right now is often the only way to get any care.
Let's make a deal.

At what time did "the average family" stop having the resources to care for the infirm elderly?

Answer that question, with specificity, and I promise that I will answer all of your questions with as much specificity as you demand.