Fitness Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: Fitness Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:21 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:Clogged arteries (never veins which is the tell) comes from high blood pressure which tears your vessels, then the cholesterol in your blood squeezes into the tears, which heal over leaving a plaque, layer upon layer.

What do I do for low blood pressure?
Unless you're passing out, who cares?

I almost passed out last night in the squat rack.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Martin Hash wrote:

What do I do for low blood pressure?
Unless you're passing out, who cares?

Anemia? Diabetes? (Seems like you would have elevated pressure doing squats. Low blood pressure shows up when you stand up after laying in bed.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:32 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: Unless you're passing out, who cares?

Anemia? Diabetes? (Seems like you would have elevated pressure doing squats. Low blood pressure shows up when you stand up after laying in bed.)

After doing a set of A2G squats, and then standing up.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:41 pm

Martin Hash wrote:

That would happen to anybody.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:00 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: Anemia? Diabetes? (Seems like you would have elevated pressure doing squats. Low blood pressure shows up when you stand up after laying in bed.)

It's when I get up from laying or sitting too. It's not every day, though. Just some days it's worse than others. When I test my bp on those days, it's always inside the "low blood pressure" region on the chart, but not super low. My resting heart rate is pretty low too. I don't know if that's the cause of it.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:02 pm

Martin Hash wrote:

It's when I get up from laying or sitting too. It's not every day, though. Just some days it's worse than others. When I test my bp on those days, it's always inside the "low blood pressure" region on the chart, but not super low. My resting heart rate is pretty low too. I don't know if that's the cause of it.
It's got to be really low to be "low." In fact, old people have low blood pressure that would kill young people, usually because they have no body fat. It's the blood traveling through the capillaries in your adipose tissue that causes high blood pressure. (Usually)

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:03 pm

It's the bottom number that is really low. The top number is right on the border between normal and low.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:21 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:It's the bottom number that is really low. The top number is right on the border between normal and low.
Diasystolic is the only one I watch because systolic is affected by everything, salt throws it clear off, but exercise certainly. However, a chronically low diasystolic might be low blood volume, and that’s doctor time.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:12 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:It's the bottom number that is really low. The top number is right on the border between normal and low.
Diasystolic is the only one I watch because systolic is affected by everything, salt throws it clear off, but exercise certainly. However, a chronically low diasystolic might be low blood volume, and that’s doctor time.
Well it’s obvious blood hasn’t been going to his head for a while.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:16 am

Martin Hash wrote:

I went to the VA doctor a few months ago about it and he just shrugged it off, saying I need to drink more water. But I already drink between 1 and 2 gallons of water every day.

It kind of feels like something is wrong, but I don't have access to real health care right now.

Another weird thing: my resting heart rate in the morning is in the 50s, which is really low for my age and fitness.

Low blood pressure and resting heart rates seem good on paper, but I think it's not right. I shouldn't be about to black out when I stand. Elite athletes have low numbers, but they don't pass out in the squat rack either.