NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Smitty-48

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:29 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Yeah, so? You don't think the Pens will win, big whoop. You're welcome to your opinion, but you don't have to repeat it over and over for twenty pages, we heard you the first time.
You don't have to repeat how awesome Crosby, Malkin and Kessel are for 20 pages. We heard you the first time.
I was talking to SilverEagle, we were having a Pens appreciation moment, it wasn't directed at you, but all of sudden you go into Aspergers mode, shouting "stop saying the Pens will win!", I mean, calm down, we're not bothering you, get a grip.

Heck, the Avs didn't even make the playoffs, why are you even in this thread? We're talking playoffs here, you don't even rate, Avs boy.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:34 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Heck, the Avs didn't even make the playoffs, why are you even in this thread?
Unlike you, I enjoy the playoffs, even when my team isn't in it. The tribalistic elements of sports aren't anywhere near as important to me as it is for folks like yourself. I enjoy the best hockey players in the world playing against the best, if my team happens to be dope enough to be among the best teams that's great, but that isn't a requirement for me to enjoy the playoffs, it's just a cherry on top.

You tribalistic folks don't even care about the sport, you just care about your teams. Fuck that.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:36 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Heck, the Avs didn't even make the playoffs, why are you even in this thread?
Unlike you, I enjoy the playoffs, even when my team isn't in it. The tribalistic elements of sports aren't anywhere near as important to me as it is for folks like yourself. I enjoy the best hockey players in the world playing against the best, if my team happens to be dope enough to be among the best teams that's great, but it isn't a requirement in any way, it's just a cherry on top.
Fake ass fan, got no team of his own, ankle biting on us, for being the real deal fans who actually matter, who knew?
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:38 pm

You aren't a real fan of the sport. You are a fan of one team. That's lame.

I am the real fan, not you. You don't give a shit about hockey, you only give a shit about the hockey teams that you are a fan of. Real fans like good hockey whether their team is playing or not.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:42 pm

With hockey in general, I'm more a student of the game, the only team which I am fanatical about, is the team I was raised on from birth, wasn't even my choice, it was handed down to me from my father and his father before him, it's not like I went out as a front runner and just picked somebody elses team because they had Joe Sakic and Patrick Roy, being a true fan, is not something you decide, it is handed down to you, from your ancestors, but since your ancestors have no team, you're not really a fan of any team, you don't even know what it feels like, to be a true fan.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:47 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:With hockey in general, I'm more a student of the game, the only team which I am fanatical about, is the team I was raised on from birth, wasn't even my choice, it was handed down to me from my father and his father before him, it's not like I went out as a front runner and just picked somebody elses team because they had Joe Sakic and Patrick Roy, being a true fan, is not something you decide, it is handed down to you, from your ancestors, but since you ancestors have no team, you're not really a fan anybody, you don't even know what it feels like, to be a true fan.
I'm fanatical about the Avs too, but I don't let that get in the way of enjoying good hockey games that they aren't playing in. Choosing your team at an early age and sticking with them is not a sign of a fake fan, but a real one who didn't want to just cheer for a team because his dad likes them. If I wasn't a real fan, I would have abandoned the Avs after they started losing and chosen a new winning team to be my favorite, yet I didn't and I never will.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:53 pm

StCapps wrote:I'm fanatical about the Avs too,
Yeah, sure, whatever, you don't even know what fanatical is, how could you? You probably do think that you picking somebody elses team amounts to the same thing, but that's only because you have no reference point, you don't really have a team, so you wouldn't know.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:56 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Yeah, so? You don't think the Pens will win, big whoop. You're welcome to your opinion, but you don't have to repeat it over and over for twenty pages, we heard you the first time.
You don't have to repeat how awesome Crosby, Malkin and Kessel are for 20 pages. We heard you the first time.
I was talking to SilverEagle, we were having a Pens appreciation moment, it wasn't directed at you, but all of sudden you go into Aspergers mode, shouting "stop saying the Pens will win!", I mean, calm down, we're not bothering you, get a grip.

Heck, the Avs didn't even make the playoffs, why are you even in this thread? We're talking playoffs here, you don't even rate, Avs boy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:59 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Yeah, sure, whatever, you don't even know what fanatical is, how could you? You probably do think that you picking somebody elses team amounts to the same thing, but that's only because you have no reference point, you don't really have a team, so you wouldn't know.
You can take your real fan act and shove it up your ass. You have no reference point for how big of fan of the Avalanche I am, so shut the fuck up and stop fronting like you do.

Leafs fans think they are special because they stuck with their team through decades of shit, and they are somehow the only real fans, fuck them. Leafs fans are fucking insufferable pretentious snobs, and that's why everyone in Canada who isn't a Leafs fan loves to hate on you faggots and delight in your failures. Can't say that I blame them.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:06 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Yeah, sure, whatever, you don't even know what fanatical is, how could you? You probably do think that you picking somebody elses team amounts to the same thing, but that's only because you have no reference point, you don't really have a team, so you wouldn't know.
You can take your real fan act and shove it up your ass. You have no reference point for how big of fan of the Avalanche I am, so shut the fuck up and stop fronting like you do.
There is no "big", it's not a question of "big" or "small", you either is, or you ain't, and since you didn't grow up in Quebec City with the Nords as your mothers milk, you even do think of it that way, because you're not really a fan, you don't even know what it is, there's no need to overstate it when you are a true fan, mothers milk, "Leafs Fan" speaks for itself, says it all, no emphasis required.
Nec Aspera Terrent