The Chapel

DrYouth

Re: The Chapel

Post by DrYouth » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:37 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Lots of people in your predicament start yoga.
Yoga's alright.

My wife's really into it.

It's good for core conditioning and flexibility at any rate... which keeps the "creeping closer to death" thing at bay.

As a young 'un I was into weight lifting and all that... but without flexibility and core conditioning... you mess up your system.

The mindfulness part of it is also pretty good for the stress response system... Ying... if you catch my drift.

So I throw a little yoga into my fitness routine now.

But I don't need to go all Shiva and Shakti... too many divinities cloud the mind.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:54 pm

I recently learned about a few problems with yoga, especially their bananaback handstands.

Some of it is not good for your body.

Granted, my wrists are on fucking fire right now because of gymnastics, so I guess you have to choose your battles.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:32 pm

DrYouth wrote: Yoga's alright.

My wife's really into it.

It's good for core conditioning and flexibility at any rate... which keeps the "creeping closer to death" thing at bay.

As a young 'un I was into weight lifting and all that... but without flexibility and core conditioning... you mess up your system.

The mindfulness part of it is also pretty good for the stress response system... Ying... if you catch my drift.

So I throw a little yoga into my fitness routine now.

But I don't need to go all Shiva and Shakti... too many divinities cloud the mind.
Running and meditation boss, that’s my spirituality regimen.
That and taking a few quiet moments to thank God for the life I have and the ones I love (call it practicing gratefulness or whatever).

So if anyone out there ever read my posts and thought “Damn, I want to achieve the spiritual awareness of that DBTrek guy” there it is.
:P

Work in progress.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:06 pm

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:07 pm

This guy..

That takes dedication.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:34 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:This guy..

That takes dedication.

And he is a phunny phuck

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:00 pm

50 years old too, damn son.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:03 pm

You really don't have to get weak until you are in your late sixties. Men just let themselves go.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:33 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:You really don't have to get weak until you are in your late sixties. Men just let themselves go.
Ain't got time, and don't really see the point of taking it that far. If I were in the market for a girl, then maybe.

But I do need to get a little more active, as I'm getting older. My body wants to put on a paunch, and I have to stay ahead of it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:36 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:You really don't have to get weak until you are in your late sixties. Men just let themselves go.
Ain't got time, and don't really see the point of taking it that far.

But I do need to get a little more active, as I'm getting older. My body wants to put on a paunch, and I have to stay ahead of it.

You don't have to be Spartan about it. It only takes lifting maybe 3-4 nights per week, spending another 2 nights on mobility/flexibility, and running at least three times per week. Try to eat well. Just set aside like an hour each night, and if you are efficient with your time, you can actually get quite a lot done.

If your schedule if fucked, check out that new course by Al Kavadlo that is all calisthenics. You just need a pull-up bar. GMB has some cool programs for the rings and parallettes as well. Then get some kettlebells and do that for a little bit of strength/cardio.

If you don't even have time to run, thirty minutes of intense jump rope training burns a fuck ton more calories anyway, and will give you a better cardio-vascular workout (though no practical training like running does).

You can do this shit at home:

Kettlebells are not expensive. You can do that at home too.