NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:11 pm

Why not sign a defensemen with that money instead? Only so much juice that can be squeezed out of adding a complimentary piece to your forward core. That hasn't been the Leafs issue, their back end is. Adding to an already deep forward core, or patching up a hole in the defense, ya I'd rather spend my money on the back end if I was the Leafs.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:19 pm

There's still money left over for a defenseman, Lupul LTIR this year, JVR, Bozie, Komo come off the cap next year, but there isn't a defenseman available until there is a defenseman available, but with Marleau, if they have trade a JVR or a Brown to get one, Marleau is in place to take their place, so it's all good, concern trolls, take a lap.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:21 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:There's still money left over for a defenseman, Lupul LTIR this year, JVR, Bozie, Komo come off the cap next year, but there isn't a defenseman available until there is a defenseman available, but with Marleau, if they have trade a JVR or a Brown to get one, Marleau is in place to take their place, so it's all good, concern trolls, take a lap.
You are very good at rationalizing, will be interesting to see you rationalize his performance in the playoffs when he turns into a ghost at the worst possible time, like he always does. Would rather have JVR and Brown then Marleau anyway, but if you can move them for a defensemen go far it, lord knows you can't move Marleau instead because he isn't worth nearly as much as JVR or Brown when he's getting paid $6.25 million.

Just because you like Marleau doesn't make this a good signing, sorry bro. It's only a good signing if you make future moves to bring a solid defensemen and Marleau makes the hit to the forward depth when you move assets to bring them in not so bad until the wheels fall off. Without that move, this signing is spending money just to spend money.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:30 pm

StCapps wrote:You are very good at rationalizing
Don't mind me, just chilling out here on the deck with a blue sapphire martini and some bacon wrapped scallops on the grill, basking in a Patty Marleau glow, embittered and spiteful Avtards are really concerned about the Leafs prospects this year? Yeah, ok, sure, thank you for your concern, trolls, but I ain't worried, it's gonna be a great year anyway you slice it, so just kick back and enjoy the ride.
Would rather have JVR and Brown then Marleau anyway,
JVR is gonna be gone anyways, so if he is the price for a top four D-man, you move him, nobody is running Brown out of town, but if a Trouba or a Tanev was in play? You gotta give something to get something, depends on the deal.
Just because you like Marleau doesn't make this a good signing, sorry bro. It's only a good signing if you make future moves to bring a solid defensemen and Marleau makes the hit to the forward depth when you move assets to bring them in not so bad until the wheels fall off. Without that move, this signing is spending money just to spend money.
In Shannyloucock we trust, they've done a great job so far, I have no reason to doubt them at this juncture.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:24 pm

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. When they trade JVR and/or Brown and bring in that defensemen they covet, I'll applaud them then. Until then I shall hold my applause.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:27 pm

I wake up every morning, and applaud Shannyloucock first thing, Dubas and Pridham too, very happy with the Leafs braintrust right now, I'll hold my criticisms until they actually do something wrong in my estimation.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:45 pm

So beautiful here right now, the setting sun, the rising moon, blue sky as far as the eye can see, me and Lou and Patrick Marleau, and Fleetwood Mac too, feeling good, good for me, good for you, mmmm good, mighty good, it's a gonna be a good year, I can feel it, baby, oh yeah, let it ride. :dance:
Nec Aspera Terrent

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:32 am

Smitty-48 wrote:So beautiful here right now, the setting sun, the rising moon, blue sky as far as the eye can see, me and Lou and Patrick Marleau, and Fleetwood Mac too, feeling good, good for me, good for you, mmmm good, mighty good, it's a gonna be a good year, I can feel it, baby, oh yeah, let it ride. :dance:
lol Marleau is basically done. The wheels are coming off and Toronto over paid him, $6,250,000 per year for the next three years for a 40 point forward that will be 38 before the season starts. Yikes!
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:56 am

SilverEagle wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:So beautiful here right now, the setting sun, the rising moon, blue sky as far as the eye can see, me and Lou and Patrick Marleau, and Fleetwood Mac too, feeling good, good for me, good for you, mmmm good, mighty good, it's a gonna be a good year, I can feel it, baby, oh yeah, let it ride. :dance:
lol Marleau is basically done. The wheels are coming off and Toronto over paid him, $6,250,000 per year for the next three years for a 40 point forward that will be 38 before the season starts. Yikes!
Smitty still thinks it's 2006 or 2007.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:59 am

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
Smitty still thinks it's 2006 or 2007.
:lol: That would explain a lot. :lol:
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi: