The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Okeefenokee

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:13 pm

apeman wrote:OK, gonna try this.
You need to watch a guide. You aren't likely to figure it out without knowing orbital mechanics.

When you get closish, you set your target as your nav target on your nav ball, point retrograde, and lightly thrust until you and your target are at about zero in regards to your speed to each other. Then you turn towards the target and thrust lightly towards it.

It's difficult to explain, but the first step after getting close is to zero your thrust relative to your target, then slowly inch towards it. My first time trying I was going opposite of my target, and flew past that fucker at light speed. The second time, I just kept pointing towards it and chasing it, and never came close. Then I watched a guide and it was gravy after that. Get the docking addon. It doesn't automate anything, it just gives you a useable UI that actually lets you know what your approach looks like.

https://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/ ... sion-6-5-2

/edit. after zeroing relative velocity, point at the target, not prograde.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:06 am

JFC I feel like I will be able to pilot a rocket after this.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:29 am

What haven't I been playing... beyond Parenthood...

Lets see:

Resident Evil 7, Fallout 4, Destiny, Dishonored 2, and some small no names... that plus I'm getting an artist to create 3D characters of some stuff I've been working on for the past year to finally get the models so I can start production of my own game in theory.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:12 am

Okeefenokee wrote:/edit. after zeroing relative velocity, point at the target, not prograde.
If you point directly at a target, you will have a crossing orbit that gets more extreme the harder you push. You can't do that until you're very very close to it - less than 5km or so, and firing very, very slightly.

Otherwise, you'll just zoom past it and (depending on what angle you fired at) possibly re-enter the atmo or escape off into the solar system.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:29 am

Just get within about 5km of the target, zero out the relative velocity, then use RCS to thrust you towards the target. You won't have to turn it around all the time. Just use forward and backward keys for rcs thrust.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:44 pm

So.. it seems like, in Stellaris, if I exterminate all the primitive species within my own empire's borders, all the other empires get butthurt about it and make me into some kind of big bad enemy, even though I never attacked on any of them?

How do they even know what I do in my own space?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:53 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:So.. it seems like, in Stellaris, if I exterminate all the primitive species within my own empire's borders, all the other empires get butthurt about it and make me into some kind of big bad enemy, even though I never attacked on any of them?

Sounds like you have a bunch of Commie neighbors. You should go 'liberate' them.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:54 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:So.. it seems like, in Stellaris, if I exterminate all the primitive species within my own empire's borders, all the other empires get butthurt about it and make me into some kind of big bad enemy, even though I never attacked on any of them?

Oh, they know... I'm guessing their super-telescopes picked up every bloody minute of your genocidal extermination!

If you're going to be a purging and slaving empire, just find the other empires that are cool with it and team up, because 75% of the rest of the galaxy will hate you.

If you're getting hated for a policy you don't even want to use, you can go into policies and edicts, and change your settings, so their opinion of you won't be hit for it.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:59 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Sounds like you have a bunch of Commie neighbors. You should go 'liberate' them.

I think my guys are. They are collectivist and materialist. I can enslave the primitive worlds, and tried that, but it ties up an entire world out of the number of worlds I can colonize. It's easier to just conquer them and then purge their people. Once you kill all the sentient life on the planet, the planet is no longer considered colonized.

If I wanted to keep it, I can just use robotic workers anyway. I already use the shit out of robot armies.

But yeah, when you exterminate an entire intelligent species, the other empires get cranky for some reason.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:46 am

I have to confess, I've been completely, totally taken in by Stardew Valley. https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/0 ... ey-review/

It looks like FarmVille at first glance, because of the 16-bit color palette. I even laughed in a coworker's face when he recommended it to me. Then I saw it on Steam a few days ago for 60% off, and found out how wrong I was... This game has D-E-P-T-H. I think it's the perfect "everybody's in bed, time to relax" game.

Made by a single developer - "ConcernedApe". Currently selling for $16 on Steam. Go git it.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace