NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Smitty-48

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:47 pm

StCapps wrote:Funny fucking guy over here. You know what isn't funny? 22 wins in the regular season
Even if the Leafs have some ups and downs, no way they end up with 22 wins in the regular season, they're a good team, dynamically one of the best teams in the league already, but they need a veteran presence, a guy to be the go between with Babs, a calming influence, a been there done that calm down we got this don't just throw the puck up the ice play a heavy possession game and hold the line here boys kind of guy... enter; Patrick Marleau.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:50 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:Funny fucking guy over here. You know what isn't funny? 22 wins in the regular season
Even if the Leafs have some ups and downs, no way they end up with 22 wins in the regular season, they're a good team, dynamically one of the best teams in the league already, but they need a veteran presence, a guy to be the go between with Babs, a calming influence, a been there done that calm down we got this don't just throw the puck up the ice play a heavy possession game and hold the line here boys kind of guy... enter; Patrick Marleau.
Everything is not about the Leafs and Marleau. I'm taking about the Avalanche captain obtuse, god you're oblivious.

22-56-4,
48 points.

That was Colorado Avalanche's record in the 2016-2017 regular season, the worst regular season, of any team in any year, during the salary cap era.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:54 pm

StCapps wrote:Everything is not about the Leafs and Marleau. I'm taking about the Avalanche captain obtuse, god you're oblivious.
Oh, the Avs... well, I mean, you want them to lose for at least one more year, there's no Auston Matthews in next years draft, but even without a generational player in the mix, the first round is going to be deep, the top ten is going to be juicy.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:56 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:Everything is not about the Leafs and Marleau. I'm taking about the Avalanche captain obtuse, god you're oblivious.
Oh, the Avs... well, I mean, you want them to lose for at least one more year, there's no Auston Matthews in next years draft, but even without a generational player in the mix, the first round is going to be deep, the top ten is going to be juicy.
22-56-4
48 points

That was Colorado Avalanche's record in the 2016-2017 regular season, the worst regular season, of any team in any year, during the salary cap era. It wasn't just a bad year, it was a historically bad year.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:58 pm

And two summers from now, there will be a generational player in the mix, Jack Hughes, Crosby 2.0
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:01 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:And two summers from now, there will be a generational player in the mix, Jack Hughes, Crosby 2.0
Our chances of winning that draft lottery aren't going to be very good, even if finish dead last again in his draft year. This is suppose to excite me? Thank the hockey gods that we have MacKinnon at $6.3 million a year, for six more years.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:05 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:And two summers from now, there will be a generational player in the mix, Jack Hughes, Crosby 2.0
Our chances of winning that draft lottery aren't going to be very good, even if finish dead last again in his draft year. This is suppose to excite me? Thank god we have MacKinnon at $6.3 million a year, for six more years.
Yeah, that's a great rate on Big Mac, the key now is to maximize it, this is where I see a Tippett coming in, because I think Mac is just suffering from lackofstablecoachingitis.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:07 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Yeah, that's a great rate on Big Mac, the key now is to maximize it, this is where I see a Tippett coming in, because I think Mac is just suffering from lackofstablecoachingitis.
I have zero faith in the organization to maximize it though, and that's why I'm so negative you see. My only hope is that they fail so bad we get a sweet top 10 pick in the draft next year and then land Jack Hughes a year after, so their incompetence can be overcome. Tippett would be nice too, that would also help.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:08 pm

Could use a veteran presence too, to take some of the weight off of him, a Patty Marleau type, a grizzled vet, who still has some game left in him, because he's also likely suffering from nothavinganyfunhereitis too, one of the best things about Babs; "this should be fun, if you're not having fun, you ain't doin' it right."
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:10 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Could use a veteran presence too, to take some of the weight off of him, a Patty Marleau type, a grizzled vet, who still has some game left in him, because he's also likely suffering from nothavinganyfunhereitis too.
We tried that, it doesn't work and ends in terrible UFA deals that we instantly regret. Besides big UFAs don't want to play in Colorado, even if bagging one was a good idea, and I don't blame them, the Avs suck donkey terd and the big veteran UFAs who could help want to win a cup before their career is over, so it's a match made in hell. We can't sign our way out of the basement, we haven't tanked enough and gotten lucky in the draft lottery, in enough of the right draft years, to get the players we need to overcome organizational incompetence, it's a rough life for the Avs right now, anyway you slice it.

It's at the point where I'm worried we might prevent MacKinnon from ever reaching his true potential, that's how bad we are.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*