NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:07 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Well, obvious hostile witness is obvious, but Marleau is perfect for the Leafs purposes, he's a special case at 37, a younger 37 in the league, there is none, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Marleau pull a Jagr, and keep playing past 41.
Oh I'm hostile witness all right, but for good reason. The media's constant "this is the Sharks year! such a good team on paper" stuff has grated on me for years, and Marleau has never lived up to expectations in the playoffs, and Joe Thornton is even worse, yet they still never caught on. Fucking idiots, the hockey media, one or two new additions to the team always tricked them into thinking that core could still get it done because they were so close without the additions, but I knew better and I still know better. The San Jose Chokes are the San Jose Chokes, talk to me when they've ditched both Marleau and Thornton, maybe then they'll finally win a Cup, but still in all likelihood they still won't because the curse has probably already rubbed off on Pavelski and Couture.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:13 am

Well, that's like saying "Ovechkin sucks, cause; Washington", but if Ovechkin was available UFA for the next three years at $6 million and was willing to come to the Leafs? Yeah, OK, done.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:14 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Well, that's like saying "Ovechkin sucks, cause; Washington", but if Ovechkin was available for the next three years at $6 million and was willing to come to the Leafs? Yeah, OK, done.
Patrick Marleau is no Alexander Ovechkin, but both are overrated by the hockey media. That's about the only similarity, I'd take Ovechkin on a discount, you can't pay me to play Patrick Marleau, especially on the Avs. If we signed Marleau, that would have been a horrifying nightmare. At least Ovechkin isn't 37. The Sharks are bigger chokes than the Capitals, the Caps still have much catching up in the playoff failage department before Ovechkin reaches Marleau or Thornton territory.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:20 am

Marleau is better than Ovechkin, more complete, and Ovechkin had 6 more goals than Marleau last year, for $9.5 million and four more years on the contract, so I'd take Marleau over Ovechkin, Ovechkin at 31 is fading faster than Marleau at 37.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:22 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Marleau is better than Ovechkin, more complete, and Ovechkin had 6 more goals than Marleau last year, for $9.5 million and four more years on the contract, so I'd take Marleau over Ovechkin, Ovechkin at 31 is fading faster than Marleau at 37.
Get off of Marleau's cock Leafs fanboy, it's disgusting, you aren't fooling anyone who knows anything about hockey with your cherry picked meaningless stats and recency bias faggotry. Marleau better than Ovechkin is straight up loonyville, you must be going senile.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:27 am

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Marleau is better than Ovechkin, more complete, and Ovechkin had 6 more goals than Marleau last year, for $9.5 million and four more years on the contract, so I'd take Marleau over Ovechkin, Ovechkin at 31 is fading faster than Marleau at 37.
Get off of Marleau's cock Leafs fanboy, it's disgusting, you aren't fooling anyone who knows anything about hockey with your cherry picked meaningless stats and recency bias faggotry. Marleau better than Ovechkin is straight up loonyville, you must be going senile.
Marleau is more complete, Ovie doesn't play in his own zone, and at 33 goals, he's basically a glorified JVR, which, already got one, Marleau is an upgrade on JVR, for shorter term and money after next season, Ovechkin would just be JVR on steroids, we can keep JVR for one more year, but not resigning him for eight more after, and may even trade him for D, so Marleau at three years, two in a pinch, fits the requirements perfectly, with no other comparable deal for equivalent player available.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:31 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Marleau is more complete, Ovie doesn't play in his own zone, and at 33 goals, he's basically a glorified JVR, which, already got one, Marleau is an upgrade on JVR, for shorter term and money after next season, Ovechkin would just be JVR on steroids, we can keep JVR for one more year, but not resigning him for eight more after, and may even trade him for D, so Marleau at three years, two in a pinch, fits the requirements perfectly, with no other comparable deal for equivalent player available.
Marleau might be more well rounded, but he is nowhere near Ovechkin's caliber, neither is JVR, to suggest otherwise, is patently ridiculous, Leafs fan boy nonsense. You accuse me of knowing nothing about hockey and then you say that? Walking right into Machine Gun fire like it's WWI, that's Smitty in this thread, with no rolling barrage to cover his ass.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:39 am

I'm a big Patty Marleau fan, and make no apologies for it, particularly not to knee jerk Leaf bashing concern trolls, but Ovechkin is one dimensional, for $9.5 million, Marleau is complete, for $6.25 million, Marleau is elite, two way heavy all purpose winger/centre, consumate professional, archetypal leader of men on and off the ice, NHL ironman of his era, with unparalled longevity and consistency, still beloved by the San Jose Sharks and fans, even now as a Leaf, hence, better than Ovechkin.

It's not all about how many cookies you put up on the baord, but since Marleau consistently puts up over 20 cookies a year on the board and just put up 27 last year, he's got that base covered too.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:45 am

How can anyone who isn't a Sharks fan like Patrick Marleau? It's beyond me. I don't like unclutch players who play for hockey teams everyone overrates, I'm normal, guess some folks are just crazy. Marleau's longevity is impressive, and he used to really, really, fast, but that's about it. So overrated.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:47 am

Huge Patty Marleau fan, he is the very model of a perfect NHL pro, superficial and silly fan bashing of San Jose Sharks nothwithstanding.
Nec Aspera Terrent