Fitness Thread

Fife

Re: Fitness Thread

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Was it simply calf nuts, or was there spirit cooking involved in this mysterious 30 day plan?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:20 pm

doc_loliday wrote:He looks like he gained a pretty good amount of muscle for only 30 days.

He didn't, though. He lost a lot of fat. What he did that was interesting was increased his reps by over 30%. This means he was able to theoretically translate that increased volume to greater strength gains by increasing the progressive difficulty of his push-ups, or just increase weight on a bench press.

Instead of push-ups, think of it in terms of the bench press. Say you are stalled out at a certain weight. Instead of your normal plan, you will want to do some smaller sets of bench press at a weight so that you never actually lift to failure. Spread them out throughout the day. So if you can normally bench, say, 270 lbs for five reps, drop it down to about 250 lbs and bench only three reps, but do that like twenty times a day, spread out throughout, from morning to bed time. After about thirty days, your 1RM should have increased. That allows you to increase the weight on the bench or increase volume in general. Increasing the weight will give you strength gain. Increasing the volume will likely increase hypertrophy (more muscle).

The main difference between those two photos is that he lost about five to eight percent body fat.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:21 pm

Fife wrote:Was it simply calf nuts, or was there spirit cooking involved in this mysterious 30 day plan?

Anything for thoze gainz.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:10 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Coke, exercise and fit bodies you say?
Not many fat ''cheesey quavers''.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:42 pm

Do any of you guys bridge?

Ido Portal shows the progressions to get that cool bridge rotation:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:14 pm

Can confirm. This will absolutely wreck your core:

You'll be crying half way into the superman after you did six minutes of the "warm-up".

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:20 am

Oh, God. I am paying the piper. I did that core workout two nights in a row. I think I found a new addition to the regimen. Still, I can't do it most nights since I have to do the hollow body hold work for my handstands. But damn.. My core and lower back are pretty trashed right now.

Just do it. It's awesome.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:01 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Can confirm. This will absolutely wreck your core:

You'll be crying half way into the superman after you did six minutes of the "warm-up".
This is murderous
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:01 pm

California wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Can confirm. This will absolutely wreck your core:

This is murderous

:dance:

I am still recovering. :lol:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:07 pm

Here's what looks like another good one:

I haven't tried that one yet.