California Hate Thread

Ex-California

Re: California Hate Thread

Post by Ex-California » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:19 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:We are kind of spoiled because our highways are built a decade in advance planned for growth. I lived in LA and yeah that's a whole nother ball game. Still, it's easy to lose three to four hours a day on the highway being a prole. I've been there after working 12 hours a day. I'm quite done with it.
We're doing our big yearly shutdown where we turn off the whole facility in order to work on our generators, ATSs, Edison power, HVAC, etc. Basically we shut the whole facility down. I went in at 10pm last night and left at 10am this morning and have to go back at 10pm tonight to turn everything back on. Who knows when I'll get home tomorrow.

A least its the weekend and odd hours but there's been times during the Draft or the Super Bowl where I'm working from like 3am-6pm and then have to sit in traffic on the way home. That comes close to murderous rage mixed with broken down exhaustion

In fact, I think I killed to whole 5 hour last episode of Death Throes of the Republic in only 3 drives in a particularly rough couple days of traffic
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:21 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
California wrote:Ugh why do I look at Texas real estate prices?
Stings, don't it? You know you have to leave Cali anyway. Just do it already. Does Fox have an office in Austin? I'd avoid Houston.

We just bought a house in Belton to commute to Austin and Fort Hood.

But you coming from Cali could probably swing a place in Georgetown.

https://www.google.com/search?q=georget ... 20&bih=950
Nigger Austin has atrocious traffic. It's great if you want to bike around and look at faggots all day though. Like, yeah. Great economy your college town has planned out you fucking dick suckers. Nothing but swipples as far as the eye can see.

Oh you're not actually down town? Your outside of the city on campus? Yeah looks fun don't it? Good country. No jobs. Enjoy 290 trying to get to work in Houston lol. It's permanently under construction for a reason. Stay the fuck out :lol:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:24 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Stings, don't it? You know you have to leave Cali anyway. Just do it already. Does Fox have an office in Austin? I'd avoid Houston.

Nigger Austin has atrocious traffic. It's great if you want to bike around and look at faggots all day though. Like, yeah. Great economy your college town has planned out you fucking dick suckers. Nothing but swipples as far as the eye can see.

Oh you're not actually down town? Your outside of the city on campus? Yeah looks fun don't it? Good country. No jobs. Enjoy 290 trying to get to work in Houston lol. It's permanently under construction for a reason. Stay the fuck out :lol:
I'm just going to class, so I can schedule my classes around the worst of the traffic.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:25 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:

What I do is based on large broadcast facilities. I guess I could go back to local news at some point but that business model is getting a lot more scary than sports.

Although that does remind me to look at Longhorn Network, or just look into UT itself.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:27 pm

Man these pictures and Zillow listings are depressing me. No wonder everyone is moving to Texas :lol:

Makes my place look like a tenement

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:30 pm

My wife has family in Austin. I really like those people

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:33 pm

California wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

What I do is based on large broadcast facilities. I guess I could go back to local news at some point but that business model is getting a lot more scary than sports.

Although that does remind me to look at Longhorn Network, or just look into UT itself.
I'll have a new team to watch while I wait the predicted ten to twenty years before the Falcons show up again.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:34 pm

California wrote:Man these pictures and Zillow listings are depressing me. No wonder everyone is moving to Texas :lol:

Makes my place look like a tenement

This is terrible shit do not do this. The woodlands has actual nice houses like pic related

Stucco is seriously degenerate please don't I'm deadly serious

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
California wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

I'll have a new team to watch while I wait the predicted ten to twenty years before the Falcons show up again.

Ugh my Irish were so bad last year.

I'm just glad I have Friday-Saturday off again so I can watch more college football games besides the night game

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:39 pm

A man from El Salvador in the U.S. illegally who sued San Francisco after police turned him over to immigration authorities in violation of the city's sanctuary law is set to be awarded $190,000, his attorney said Thursday.

Pedro Figueroa-Zarceno, 33, reached the settlement agreement with the city attorney's office, said Saira Hussain, a staff attorney at the Asian Law Caucus who represented Zarceno. The agreement must be approved by the Board of Supervisors.

It is really important for San Francisco to remain a sanctuary city not in name only but also in practice, Hussain told The San Francisco Examiner. Our hope is that the department is going to look into this further and really examine the way that the department can do more."

Figueroa-Zarceno sued San Francisco in January for violating its sanctuary city law.

The construction worker said he went to police in December 2015 after getting a call from authorities that his stolen car had been found. Instead of helping him, he said, officers detained him and called immigration authorities.

He was taken into custody by federal authorities outside the police station and was in jail for two months. He has been fighting his deportation since his release.

"What happened to me was very unfair and it was an injustice," Figueroa-Zerceno said. "I went into the police station to seek help and they didn't tell me what was happening and they arrested me and treated me badly."

City law prohibits law enforcement officers from cooperating with federal immigration officials except when violent criminals are involved.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/30/sa ... -says.html