The Chapel

K@th

Re: The Chapel

Post by K@th » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:16 pm

When the answer to a question is unknowable, it is not necessary to pick a "side." The sides are "who knows, but what I think is," and "who knows, but what I think is."
Account abandoned.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:26 pm

Is a spiritual pansexual better or worse than a spiritual homosexual?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:34 pm

doc_loliday wrote:Is a spiritual pansexual better or worse than a spiritual homosexual?

I think most people, according to this analogy, should be spiritual homosexuals. :lol:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:38 pm

Logically.. I think one should probably at this point be willing to jettison atheism right after primitive shamanism in terms of logical consistency and what science has already shown us. Theism seems like a done deal, which is why it dominates philosophy now, but that's not to say any particular theism brand of theism. Just comparing apples to apples (theism versus atheism), atheism doesn't really have much logical or scientific support. This is why the American theoretical physicist community, which is proliferated by atheists, has lost its damned mind with all this metaphysics while the Europeans are still doing actual science. Atheists still can't process the impact of the Big Bang, among other discoveries, upon the viability of atheism as a coherent and supportable position.

DrY seems to have gotten that far. He just doesn't know how to whittle it down from there.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:54 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Logically.. I think one should probably at this point be willing to jettison atheism right after primitive shamanism in terms of logical consistency and what science has already shown us. Theism seems like a done deal, which is why it dominates philosophy now
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:02 pm

Atheism is JUST as feasible as any of the other origin-story rubbish. My god, "we all live in a simulation" is getting lots of traction right now.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:11 pm

Big bang was a killing blow.

The Soviets didn't ban teaching it because talking about it leads to capitalism.. :whistle:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:43 pm

I don't read fiction.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:47 pm

If you are really into science fantasy, go read something about string theory and multiversus. They lost their damned minds. The rest of the scientific community has been calling them on the silliness for years.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:55 pm

We already established that degrees & licenses mean nothing. Money & fame. What do the rich & famous people think? That's all that matters.