NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:53 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Chris Pronger 2.0 already, at 21 years of age, if I was Edmonton, I'd trade McDavid for Parayko, and keep Draisaitl as my 1C, but you know what? I bet you St. Louis wouldn't do it, because they know what Parayko is.
Parayko is awesome but he's not even a first paring guy yet, maybe next year and moving forward he'll turn into one of the best defensemen in the NHL, but you are jumping the gun. False start. I get it, future value through the roof, but league MVP isn't handed out based on future potential and even if it was, they still would have picked McDavid. St. Louis would jump all over that deal, you're nuts.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:59 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote: He just won the Hart and Ted Lindsay ffs.
Big whoop, my league MVP is Colton Parayko, I don't care what the media says.
I like Parayko, but what the damn hell? Since when is that he that good already? You seem to jumping the gun on some of these youngstars before they've proven shit, interesting. Parayko is a great second pairing guy on the Blues right now, but league MVP this year? Maybe Defensive MVP at the WHC on Team Canada after his arrival, but not in the NHL.
:?
My value charts don't look like the media's value charts, Parayko is the most valuable asset in the league, Matthews is second, McDavid at 13 million, is way down the list, Draisaitl at 225lbs and cheaper, is ahead of McBirdboy, don't buy the hype.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:01 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:My value charts don't look like the media's value charts, Parayko is the most valuable asset in the league, Matthews is second, McDavid at 13 million, is way down the list, Draisaitl at 225lbs and cheaper, is ahead of McBirdboy, don't buy the hype.
You would trade Matthews for Parayko? Is this bizarro world? Parayko is great, but not the best prospect in hockey, he's not McDavid or Matthews, not buying that at all. What makes you think he's going to be THAT good?
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:04 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Chris Pronger 2.0 already, at 21 years of age, if I was Edmonton, I'd trade McDavid for Parayko, and keep Draisaitl as my 1C, but you know what? I bet you St. Louis wouldn't do it, because they know what Parayko is.
Parayko is awesome but he's not even a first paring guy yet, maybe next year and moving forward he'll turn into one of the best defensemen in the NHL, but you are jumping the gun. False start. I get it, future value through the roof, but league MVP isn't handed out based on future potential and even if it was, they still would have picked McDavid. St. Louis would jump all over that deal, you're nuts.
If you put McDavid on the Avs right now, that wouldn't change much, you'd get a bunch more assists, but if you put Parayko on the Avs? Stanley Cup contender, overnight.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:05 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:If you put McDavid on the Avs right now, that wouldn't change much, you'd get a bunch more assists, but if you put Parayko on the Avs? Stanley Cup contender, overnight.
Not buying that at all. Why are you so high on Parayko, wtf? Never seen anyone even close to this high on him, not a single person.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:06 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:My value charts don't look like the media's value charts, Parayko is the most valuable asset in the league, Matthews is second, McDavid at 13 million, is way down the list, Draisaitl at 225lbs and cheaper, is ahead of McBirdboy, don't buy the hype.
You would trade Matthews for Parayko? Is this bizarro world? Parayko is great, but not the best prospect in hockey, he's not McDavid or Matthews, not buying that at all. What makes you think he's going to be THAT good?
No, just because somebody is MVP, doesn't mean you trade your MVP for their MVP, but tell you what, Marner and Nylander would be on the table for Parayko, make no mistake, give me Parayko, and a 1st? Both Marner and Nylander are yours.

1C, 1D, 1G, from the middle out, wingers are a dime a dozen.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:09 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:No, just because somebody is MVP, doesn't mean you trade your MVP for their MVP, but tell you what, Marner and Nylander would be on the table for Parayko, make no mistake, give me Parayko, and a 1st? Both Marner and Nylander are yours.
Well then apparently he should be ranked at least below Matthews on your list then.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:12 pm

Hanafin is still on the table? Fight for Duchene is between Columbus and Carolina? Columbus offers Jenner, Murray, and a 1st round pick?

Fake News back with a vengeance on the Duchene tip, stop teasing me twitter.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:16 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:No, just because somebody is MVP, doesn't mean you trade your MVP for their MVP, but tell you what, Marner and Nylander would be on the table for Parayko, make no mistake, give me Parayko, and a 1st? Both Marner and Nylander are yours.
Well then apparently he should be ranked at least below Matthews on your list then.
No, he's above Matthews, by a cunt hair, but that doesn't mean you trade the 1C for the 1D, that's just going in circles, but what you do is, you take Marner and Nylander, who will end up being $13 million worth of 1RW, which is stoopid, and see if St. Louis will bite, then spend the money on Matthews, and go cheap on the wings with interchangeable wingers, dime a dozen.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:17 pm

Shattenkirk details #NYR:
NMC + Mod-NTC
2017-18: $8M
2018-19: $7.6M
2019-20: $7M
2020-21: $4M (incl $2M SB lockout protection)
AAV: $6.65M

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brutal.
The Rangers are soooooooooooooooo dumb.
NMC + Mod-NTC, bahahahaha!
ClubGOP must be pissed.
*yip*