NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:23 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Sidney Crosby can get away with it so long as the concussion doctor says so, Connor McDavid, maybe, we'll see how he holds up under the pounding, Stamkos, no. Stamkos keeps breaking down under the weight of 1C, in case you haven't noticed, John Cooper is right, Stamkos is a 1RW.
There are only so many Matthews', Malkin's, Getzlaf's, Kopitar's to go around bro, not every team has one, not even close, some smaller dudes who have more talent than most big centers are going to have to play 1C, do the math. Hell you even doubt on McDavid, that's insanity, even if 1Cs take a beating, you can't just play any big dude at 1C and you know it. That's not the way the NHL works dude, you are just spoiled on Matthews. Sure if every team had an Auston Matthews than Duchene wouldn't get any 1C work, but they don't, so that isn't actually a thing.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:28 pm

Well, too bad, so sad, but make no mistake, I wouldn't trade Big Horse Matthews for Bird Boy McDavid, for all the assists in the world, as far as I'm concerned, the Leafs have the better 1C, when it comes to taking a pounding, which, is going to happen, inevitably, at 1C.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:30 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Well, too bad, so sad, but make no mistake, I wouldn't trade Big Horse Matthews for Bird Boy McDavid, for all the assists in the world, as far as I'm concerned, the Leafs have the better 1C, when it comes to taking a pounding, which, is going to happen, inevitably, at 1C.
Well that's true, Matthews will probably hold up better on the injury front. The Leafs are lucky, like I said not every team has one of those guys and that leaves oppurtunity for dude's like Matt Duchene to get 1C work on a team who has no good first line centers. If a team has the depth at center, they can afford to play Duchene on the wing, sure, but if they don't, then such a team doesn't really have that luxury and it turns out Montreal is one of those teams and are notoriously fleeceable. So lets fleece them accordingly, there is a reason they are trying to force Galchenyuk into a 1C role after all, so exploit it.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:36 pm

Best thing about Matthews is that when he goes into traffic, he doesn't go flying in there recklessly, he goes in smart, he just steps in, with authority, establishes body position and holds his ground, because he doesn't even need separation to get the shot away, he's the ultimate greasy goal scorer, and I'd take that over Connor McConcussionscoming, all day, any day of the week. I'd take MacKinnon over McLindros too.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:40 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Best thing about Matthews is that when he goes into traffic, he doesn't go flying in there recklessly, he goes in smart, he just steps in, with authority, establishes body position and holds his ground, because he doesn't even need separation to get the shot away, he's the ultimate greasy goal scorer, and I'd take that over Connor McConcussionscoming, all day, any day of the week. I'd take MacKinnon over McLindros too.
You think MacKinnon is better than McDavid because he had a concussion his rookie year? He just won the Hart and Ted Lindsay ffs. You also say this even though MacKinnon is smaller than McDavid and you hate small centers? Man I'm an Avs fan and even I think that's nonsense. At least we got him at less than half the price for a few more years though, but talk to me when he tops his rookie scoring totals before you go saying, better than McDavid, come on now.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:44 pm

My ranking of the youngstar Big Horses, actually goes; Matthews, MacKinnon, Draitsaitl, Eichel, and then McDavid, Connor McConcussedcomingthroughtrafficlikeacrazybirdboy, is just not worth an extra 30 assists, because he's not going to get them, in the quiet room, no sense paying 13 million dollars, for a kid who is going to end up in the hospital right beside Steven Stamkos.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:46 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:My ranking of the youngstar Big Horses, actually goes; Matthews, MacKinnon, Draitsaitl, Eichel, and then McDavid, Connor McConcussedcomingthroughtrafficlikeacrazybirdboy, is just not worth an extra 30 assists, because he's not going to get them, in the quiet room, no sense paying 13 million dollars, for a kid who is going to end up in the hospital right beside Steven Stamkos.
Wow you are big on MacKinnon, I wish I had that kind of faith in him. If he was really that good, shouldn't he be able to carry the team to mediocrity all by himself at the very least?
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:48 pm

StCapps wrote: He just won the Hart and Ted Lindsay ffs.
Big whoop, my league MVP is Colton Parayko, I don't care what the media says.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:48 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote: He just won the Hart and Ted Lindsay ffs.
Big whoop, my league MVP is Colton Parayko, I don't care what the media says.
I like Parayko, but what the damn hell? Since when is that he that good already? You seem to jumping the gun on some of these youngstars before they've proven shit, interesting. Parayko is a great second pairing guy on the Blues right now, but league MVP this year? Maybe Defensive MVP at the WHC on Team Canada after his arrival, but not in the NHL.
:?
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:52 pm

Chris Pronger 2.0 already, at 21 years of age, if I was Edmonton, I'd trade McDavid for Parayko, and keep Draisaitl as my 1C, but you know what? I bet you St. Louis wouldn't do it, because they know what Parayko is.
Nec Aspera Terrent