Responses to Matriarchy vs. Patriarchy

DBTrek

Re: Responses to Matriarchy vs. Patriarchy

Post by DBTrek » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:28 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:23 am
Are you an authoritarian husband? Does your wife have equal agency?

Marriage and nuclear families seem to work better than all alternatives whether there is “equal agency” among spouses or not - see arranged marriages and marriages among first generation immigrants from Pakistan, the Middle East, Asia, etc, etc.

You know what’s not working out so great? Generational welfare, single motherhood, early pregnancy, and all the other fantastic “innovations” of the past century that are supposedly supplanting the “unhealthy” traditions.
Last edited by DBTrek on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:28 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:39 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:25 am
You don't get to escape this fact by declaring people "emotional".
You can tell she feels women are in a superior position now so will discount any claims otherwise by dismissing their argument with mockery. (Men did the same thing to women for decades. As I stated in another topic, the hypocrisy is lost on her because there is no hypocrisy in war.)
Do you seriously think STA is rational on this topic?
:royalty-queen:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:31 am

Fife wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:18 am
I don't know where you work, but I guaran-goddam-tee you that picture would not be allowed in any civilian government office space if a single complaint was made.
I agree.
I actually work from home a lot when I'm not in the field, but we get contracts to do work in government offices and by extension I work in government offices from time to time.

How about this photo, that clearly is an open display of heterosexual activity............. is this considered offensive to people of other sexual orientations ?

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:31 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:12 am
It's not trolling, it's a serious question. Because the logical end result of the Social Justice +MeToo movements is these guys are Toxic Male Criminals and all evidence they existed will need to be destroyed.

At a more personal level, can I have this picture on the wall at work ?
I'd like MilSpecs perspective on this, if I had that picture up, would I be sexualizing the workplace?
History existed. It is what it is. That said, if that was a drawing of a Sambo would it be ok to put it up in an office?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:32 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:21 am
MilSpecs wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:12 am

Progress doesn't = revenge. This is my beef with the current climate of the left; the emphasis on revenge. In reality, we can never make up for it anyway. Revenge is not even possible.

Also I'm not talking about family structure but family dynamics.
"Revenge" is a rough word for it but kind of works. In reality, it's envy & resentment, the binding agent of Collectivism.

As for families, I got a good one. So do my friends. No one's complaining, but if you think your idea of "family" is superior in some way, let's compare lives... How's your kids?
Same as it’s always been during my lifetime until now you’re trying to change it: MAGA.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:33 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:28 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:39 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:25 am
You don't get to escape this fact by declaring people "emotional".
You can tell she feels women are in a superior position now so will discount any claims otherwise by dismissing their argument with mockery. (Men did the same thing to women for decades. As I stated in another topic, the hypocrisy is lost on her because there is no hypocrisy in war.)
Do you seriously think STA is rational on this topic?
Don't look now, StA, but you are prime Motte-bait today.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:34 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:31 am
C-Mag wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:12 am
It's not trolling, it's a serious question. Because the logical end result of the Social Justice +MeToo movements is these guys are Toxic Male Criminals and all evidence they existed will need to be destroyed.

At a more personal level, can I have this picture on the wall at work ?
I'd like MilSpecs perspective on this, if I had that picture up, would I be sexualizing the workplace?
History existed. It is what it is. That said, if that was a drawing of a Sambo would it be ok to put it up in an office?
I have “Americana” art in my office. Nobody has to work there if they don’t want to.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:34 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:47 am
MilSpecs wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:25 am
DBTrek wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:20 pm

Odd, seems that “unhealthy” and imbalanced traditional institution of marriage and nuclear family is consistently the healthiest option when actual data is taken into account. I wonder how all the data got it so wrong?
:think:

Even those “authoritarian” arranged marriages imposed on couples from other cultures seem to do well. Puzzling indeed.
I said “authoritarian marriage” and you heard “nuclear family.”
Looks like I said marriage twice, including “authoritarian”, and nuclear family once.

You have evidence that children raised under an “authoritarian marriage” go on to worse outcomes than those raised by single mothers? After all, the proliferation single parent households mark one of the great “advancements” of our time. A great departure from our “unhealthy” past, right?
:think:
And again you strawman. How about neither authoritarian marriages or single parent households be held up as the ideal?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:35 am

Whatever ranting StA does, I recognize he is on the side of The Patriarchy, and you are on the other side.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:35 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:32 am
MilSpecs wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:21 am

"Revenge" is a rough word for it but kind of works. In reality, it's envy & resentment, the binding agent of Collectivism.

As for families, I got a good one. So do my friends. No one's complaining, but if you think your idea of "family" is superior in some way, let's compare lives... How's your kids?
Same as it’s always been during my lifetime until now you’re trying to change it: MAGA.
You didn’t answer either question.