NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

SilverEagle

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:42 am

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Washington kind of sucks, the Rangers suck, Anahiem and St. Louis kind of suck, there's nobody in the Pens way, which doesn't suck the same way Columbus sucked, so, Pens are actually looking pretty good, they just have to defend by commitee, to try to spread those Letang minutes around, and dominate puck possesion the same way they did with Columbus.
The Pens kind of suck too as long as Fluery is net and Letang is out. Worse than last year by a whole lot and the choke ass Sharks took them to 7 games. As vulnerable an Eastern Conference favorite as I can ever remember as long as that is the case and even if they get there whoever wins the West will eat them alive with Fleury between the pipes. They don't need to face stiff competition for Marc Andre Fleury to meltdown, recent history is very clear about that, they got lucky that Fluery only cost them one game against Columbus, they could have a cakewalk to the Cup and the Fleury Meltdown would still be a huge threat to derail them.

He's that bad. Seriously. Like playing Russian roulette, you might dodge the bullet in the first round, but what are the chances you pull the trigger four times and don't eat the bullet on one of those occasions? Not very high.

#prayformattmurray
The Pens beat the Sharks in 6 and it was not that much of a series so....WTF are you talking about? Secondly who in the fuck in the West has a pray against either the Pens or the Caps? Hell if the Rangers make it to the Cup finals I could see them winning it. It's really the Easts to lose.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:46 am

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Whatevs, It's the off season for me now anyways, the No Hit League sucks, if the Leafs aren't on, I don't even bother, so let me know how it turns out, because I won't even be watching, I'll be over on TSN with Team Canada at the Worlds, with the Marlies on Leafs TV, and then the Mem Cup, I got no time for the NHL, if there ain't no Auston Matthews on.
And that's why you don't know how bad Fleury has been in the playoffs while the Leafs were never in it. You missed all his epic meltdowns, it's not just one or two years this happened, it was every year after they won their first cup under Crosby. The reason they won the cup last year has a lot to do with Fleury not being in net to meltdown yet again because Murray stepped in and looked great so they rode him to the cup. The Fleury Meltdown likely would have happened yet again last year had that not happened.
The difference is the style that the Pens have been playing for 1.5 seasons now. It allows you to dominate with mediocre goal tending. While I would love to have Murray back I still think we can win it with Fleury.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:49 am

TheReal_ND wrote:>google.exe 'hockey meme'
>return; 0

Hockey is for fags. Canada is rightful American clay
:roll: So what sport do you prefer Nuke? NFL? National Fixed League

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:01 am

SilverEagle wrote:
>return; 0

While I viscerally hate the implication, it does seem to fall into a very 'convenient' set of results every year. The refs simply can't be that bad...
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:10 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
>return; 0

While I viscerally hate the implication, it does seem to fall into a very 'convenient' set of results every year. The refs simply can't be that bad...
If my Steelers win the SB this year then we all know it's fixed. Our Defense is still very suspect and on the offensive side of the ball Bell can't stay healthy.

Ben on the cusp of retirement.
Dan Rooney's death.

Steelers SB victory. Calling it now. Okay now back to the topic on hand. The NHL and my Pens. Murray still has not skated so I think it's safe to say he's done for the year. The Pens can still do it with Fleury given the teams that are left. The Caps will be by far the biggest hurtle for the Pens to get over for a repeat Cup.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:39 am

SilverEagle wrote:The Pens beat the Sharks in 6 and it was not that much of a series so....WTF are you talking about? Secondly who in the fuck in the West has a pray against either the Pens or the Caps? Hell if the Rangers make it to the Cup finals I could see them winning it. It's really the Easts to lose.
The Eastern Conference blows bro, everyone knows that. You got lucky playing a choke ass team from the West last year. The Caps are the San Jose Sharks of the East, the Pens are notorious chokes with Fleury in net and Letang is hurt for the entire playoffs. The Eastern Conference is a joke, it has two really good teams and they both have gigantic flaws.

The Pittsburgh Penguins Defense is not good enough to get away with shitty goaltending and still win the Cup, especially without Letang. Beating up on Columbus means fuck all. I see nothing special about the Pens style of play that insulates them from bad goaltending, their puck possession isn't so good that it would insulate them, their defense isn't that good, and their goaltending isn't that good. Speed and streaky scoring doesn't insulate you from bad goaltending, get real.

You are hoping that Crosby and Malkin carry your team to a Cup despite your teams deficiencies, that's not a cup favorite anymore than it was any other year that the Pens were forced to rely on that to win. You can't count on your defense and goaltending to play anywhere near as well as they played last playoffs, so good luck, the Pens are going to need it. Crosby and Malkin have never been enough on their own to carry the Pens to victory, I don't expect that will change this year if Fleury is in the pipes, especially with no Letang.

I don't think those who think the Pens are cup favorites this year, have any real idea why they won the cup last year, if they did then they wouldn't be so confident this year of a repeat, when two key pieces are missing and the weakest parts of their team overperformed last playoffs. You guys are too busy looking at everyone elses flaws and not looking at the Pens, so you've over-estimated their chances.

There is no system that can overcome shitty goaltending to win the Stanley Cup, to think the Penguins are the first team in NHL history to come up with up one, is beyond far-fetched to me. The Pens are nowhere near that good, their defense certainly isn't, and neither is their system. Their scoring is fantastic, but scoring alone, does not win championships, even the high flying Oilers of the 80's had Grant Fuhr to fall back on. You simply cannot get away with bad goaltending and win the Stanley Cup, especially when your defense is nothing special, it's impossible.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:33 am

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:The Pens beat the Sharks in 6 and it was not that much of a series so....WTF are you talking about? Secondly who in the fuck in the West has a pray against either the Pens or the Caps? Hell if the Rangers make it to the Cup finals I could see them winning it. It's really the Easts to lose.
The Eastern Conference blows bro, everyone knows that. You got lucky playing a choke ass team from the West last year. The Caps are the San Jose Sharks of the East, the Pens are notorious chokes with Fleury in net and Letang is hurt for the entire playoffs. The Eastern Conference is a joke, it has two really good teams and they both have gigantic flaws.

The Pittsburgh Penguins Defense is not good enough to get away with shitty goaltending and still win the Cup, especially without Letang. Beating up on Columbus means fuck all. I see nothing special about the Pens style of play that insulates them from bad goaltending, their puck possession isn't so good that it would insulate them, their defense isn't that good, and their goaltending isn't that good. Speed and streaky scoring doesn't insulate you from bad goaltending, get real.

You are hoping that Crosby and Malkin carry your team to a Cup despite your teams deficiencies, that's not a cup favorite anymore than it was any other year that the Pens were forced to rely on that to win. You can't count on your defense and goaltending to play anywhere near as well as they played last playoffs, so good luck, the Pens are going to need it. Crosby and Malkin have never been enough on their own to carry the Pens to victory, I don't expect that will change this year if Fleury is in the pipes, especially with no Letang.

I don't think those who think the Pens are cup favorites this year, have any real idea why they won the cup last year, if they did then they wouldn't be so confident this year of a repeat, when two key pieces are missing and the weakest parts of their team overperformed last playoffs. You guys are too busy looking at everyone elses flaws and not looking at the Pens, so you've over-estimated their chances.

There is no system that can overcome shitty goaltending to win the Stanley Cup, to think the Penguins are the first team in NHL history to come up with up one, is beyond far-fetched to me. The Pens are nowhere near that good, their defense certainly isn't, and neither is their system. Their scoring is fantastic, but scoring alone, does not win championships, even the high flying Oilers of the 80's had Grant Fuhr to fall back on. You simply cannot get away with bad goaltending and win the Stanley Cup, especially when your defense is nothing special, it's impossible.
So you really think the Blues, Oilers, Predators, and/or the Ducks are better than the Pens or Caps? Fuck off. Smitty knows more about hockey than you do and apparently so do I. The West is a fucking joke with the Blackhawks gone. The Pens will take out anyone of the four remaining teams in the West in 6 games even if Smitty was our goalie. You're hatered of Fleury is unreal. He must've bang your mom, sister, or wife. Other than that I don't know why you have that much hate for him unless.............................Did you sleep with you and give you the clap? :oops:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:36 am

SilverEagle wrote:So you really think the Blues, Oilers, Predators, and/or the Ducks are better than the Pens or Caps? Fuck off. Smitty knows more about hockey than you do and apparently so do I. The West is a fucking joke with the Blackhawks gone. The Pens will take out anyone of the four remaining teams in the West in 6 games even if Smitty was our goalie.
If the Pens had Letang and Murray it would be different, but they don't, so yeah I'd pick any team in the West to beat the Pens in the final under those circumstances. The Caps would choke too, if they made it that far. They'd both be favorites on paper sure, but they would still probably lose the series in reality. The Pens and Caps are super-overrated hockey teams and notorious chokes in the playoffs, those are the facts. The Rangers would probably have the best chances in the Cup final of those three teams.

The Western Conference has been better for a long time, the only reason an Eastern Conference team won the Cup last year, to break the string of western dominance of the Stanley Cup, is because the biggest chokes in hockey were representing the Western Conference. Get your head out of your ass, Chicago is not the only good team in the West, it's the East who only has a few good teams, not the West.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:48 am

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:So you really think the Blues, Oilers, Predators, and/or the Ducks are better than the Pens or Caps? Fuck off. Smitty knows more about hockey than you do and apparently so do I. The West is a fucking joke with the Blackhawks gone. The Pens will take out anyone of the four remaining teams in the West in 6 games even if Smitty was our goalie.
If the Pens had Letang and Murray it would be different, but they don't, so yeah I'd pick any team in the West to beat the Pens in the final under those circumstances. The Caps would choke too, if they made it that far. They'd both be favorites on paper sure, but they would still probably lose the series in reality. The Pens and Caps are super-overrated hockey teams and notorious chokes in the playoffs, those are the facts.

The Western Conference has been better for a long time, the only rea son an Eastern Conference team won the Cup last year is because the biggest chokes in hockey were representing the Western Conference. Get your head out of your ass.
I hope the Pens do beat the Caps just so I can laugh my ass off when they make the Cup finals and beat which ever shit show of a team comes out of the West.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:51 am

SilverEagle wrote:I hope the Pens do beat the Caps just so I can laugh my ass off when they make the Cup finals and beat which ever shit show of a team comes out of the West.
I hope the Pens make it to the final with Fleury in net, just so he can crush your dreams with his typical mental midgetry. You should be bracing yourself, history is on my side, he will choke eventually. I am not joking when I say #prayformurray, I am dead fucking serious. I'm just trying to soften the blow for you when it inevitably happens, you won't let me though, you want to take that blow with your chin hanging straight up in the air apparently.

Whatevs, don't say I didn't warn you to keep your guard up and tuck in your chin, you little Flintstone kid, you need to take your vitamins.
A million strong and growing...
:whistle:
*yip*