The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

adwinistrator

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by adwinistrator » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:51 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:RimWorld?

Pretty high user ratings.
Rimworld is a great game! One of the few alpha's that is in constant development, tons of feedback from the team, and constant improvements.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:45 pm

Yeah, I bounced off it hard at first, but I've come to love it. It's ultra-hard to win though.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:47 am

How long is SWTOR expected to survive? I might play some.

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:39 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Too bad you guys don't play Crusader Kings II. Get all the DLCs. The game is absolutely huge now. This game easily has many years worth of gameplay left in it.
I cannot figure the damn game out.

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:52 pm

apeman wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Too bad you guys don't play Crusader Kings II. Get all the DLCs. The game is absolutely huge now. This game easily has many years worth of gameplay left in it.
I struggle as well.

When I play Paradox games, I play ironman mode, no backsies.

Meanwhile, CKII seems like a fucking roulette wheel. Half the time I don't even know how I got a claim, and how did they get that alliance, and wtf is happening...

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Ran into this fucker in Stellaris last night... One pirate ship with 2x my entire fleet's strength.

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:58 pm

adwinistrator wrote:
apeman wrote:
I struggle as well.

When I play Paradox games, I play ironman mode, no backsies.

Meanwhile, CKII seems like a fucking roulette wheel. Half the time I don't even know how I got a claim, and how did they get that alliance, and wtf is happening...
I have no patience for the UI, and the mechanics seems hidden away as well.

Currently playing:

Witcher 3
Civ 6 (only fun if you go full military, kinda broken)
Stardew Valley (surprisingly great)
New Deus Ex
Kerbal (using no hints, finally got a rocket into fucking orbit but I have no fuel left to come to earth, so my homie is just circling the earth in his metal coffin indefinitely)

Bought Kentucky Route Zero and a few other allegedly good games, haven't tried 'em yet. Used to dabble in Hearthstone due to childhood love of MtG (I played so long ago had had moxes and shit, we used to ride our bikes to tournaments in the city when I was in late elementary school), but hearthstone just doesn't do it for me.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:03 pm

You just have to learn to launch another rocket into orbit and rendezvous with the stricken craft. Make sure the rocket has an extra (empty) seat for him. Then learn how to use the EVA controls so he can exit one vehicle and enter the other.

I assume you have no docking port on the fucking thing, so he is going to have to space walk over to the new ship.

Be sure to look for any contracts regarding rendezvousing two ships in Kerbin orbit.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:04 pm

adwinistrator wrote:Ran into this fucker in Stellaris last night... One pirate ship with 2x my entire fleet's strength.

I am not sure how I am even supposed to win this game.

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:12 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:You just have to learn to launch another rocket into orbit and rendezvous with the stricken craft. Make sure the rocket has an extra (empty) seat for him. Then learn how to use the EVA controls so he can exit one vehicle and enter the other.

I assume you have no docking port on the fucking thing, so he is going to have to space walk over to the new ship.

Be sure to look for any contracts regarding rendezvousing two ships in Kerbin orbit.
That seems . . . impossible.

Might have to cheat and watch a vid if it comes to that.