NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:19 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The Pens could just throw Tristan Jarry in there, and suddenly he would be the new "Matt Murray", Matt Murray is not that good, he's just overrated because he's insulated by Crosby & Co, put him on the Leafs and he would get shelled right off the ice.
That's a better idea than keeping Fleury in net too. At least Tristan Jarry doesn't have a history of melting down in the playoffs and costing the Pens series they should have easily won, same with Matt Murray.

I don't care if this years Pens were the greatest team of all time, which they clearly aren't, I wouldn't pick them to win the Cup with Fleury between the pipes. If Crosby was the worst player on their team, I wouldn't pick the Pens to win with Marc Andre Fleury in net. No amount of quality in front of him can save the Pens from a Classic Fleury Meltdown.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:31 pm

I don't think goaltending is going to be the problem, if there is a problem, it's going to be the lack of Big Minutes Letang, but after seeing Washington's D up close, they don't look better, there's no Letang over there neither, Matt Niskanen and Nate Schmidt were their best defenceman; Shattenkirk sucks, Alzner sucks, Carlson sucks, Orlov sucks, Orpik is over the hill.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:35 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I don't think goaltending is going to be the problem, if there is a problem, it's going to be the lack of Big Minutes Letang, but after seeing Washington's D up close, they don't look better, there's no Letang over there neither, Matt Niskanen and Nate Schmidt were their best defenceman; Shattenkirk sucks, Alzner sucks, Carlson sucks, Orlov sucks, Orpik is over the hill.
The goaltending breakdown will likely be accompanied by a breakdown in the defense, but you can bet your ass he's going to let in some uber deflating softies that just kill the team whether they were giving him top notch defending or not. At that point the snowball will really get rolling and the ticking time bomb will be revealed even for those with no historical memory of the Pens playoff performances over the last 7 or 8 years.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Whatevs, It's the off season for me now anyways, the No Hit League sucks, if the Leafs aren't on, I don't even bother, so let me know how it turns out, because I won't even be watching, I'll be over on TSN with Team Canada at the Worlds, with the Marlies on Leafs TV, and then the Mem Cup, I got no time for the NHL, if there ain't no Auston Matthews on.

Everybody is a Leaf hater, in a league which is propped up by Leafs fans, so as soon as the Leafs are out, Leafs fans should immediately change channels, just to deny them the ratings.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:48 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Whatevs, It's the off season for me now anyways, the No Hit League sucks, if the Leafs aren't on, I don't even bother, so let me know how it turns out, because I won't even be watching, I'll be over on TSN with Team Canada at the Worlds, with the Marlies on Leafs TV, and then the Mem Cup, I got no time for the NHL, if there ain't no Auston Matthews on.
And that's why you don't know how bad Fleury has been in the playoffs while the Leafs were never in it. You missed all his epic meltdowns, it's not just one or two years this happened, it was every year after they won their first cup under Crosby. The reason they won the cup last year has a lot to do with Fleury not being in net to meltdown yet again because Murray stepped in and looked great so they rode him to the cup. The Fleury Meltdown likely would have happened yet again last year had that not happened.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:01 pm

I didn't say he didn't, I was just saying, the goalie is not why the Pens win, Murray is not the reason the Pens won the Cup, and if the Pens are on their game, they could win with Jarry too.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:02 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I didn't say he didn't, I was just saying, the goalie is not why the Pens win, Murray is not the reason the Pens won the Cup, and if the Pens are on their game, they could win with Jarry too.
The goalie may not be why the Pens win a series, but the goalie can most certainly be the reason they lose a series. Especially if that goalie's name is Marc Andre Fleury.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Perhaps its just because I focus on the Leafs, and their deficiencies, but I was not impressed by the Caps, Auston Matthews and Nazem Kadri were the only Leafs who really showed up, Marner sucked, Nylander sucked, Brown sucked, Komarov did nothing, JVR disapeared, Bozak was a non factor, and on the back end, the Leafs are a laughable clown show; Jake Retardiner & Co, the Leafs were ripe for getting blown out, and yet the Caps were still struggling to subdue them, maybe the Caps have another gear which they will pull out against the Pens, but if that's the Big Bad Caps, they weren't that good, because Freddie Andersen actually sucks, he's sucked all year long, and still the Leafs kept getting to overtime and only losing by one goal.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:34 pm

>google.exe 'hockey meme'
>return; 0

Hockey is for fags. Canada is rightful American clay

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:04 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
Penner wrote:Pittsburgh is on a break, waiting for the next team to advance to the second round!
Yep and I love our chances now. Washington will choke against us. Pens in 6.
Yeah, the future looks bright.