Who was the biggest arsehole?

who was the biggest arsehole

you, you could have simply said no thanks or lied and said you'd already paid to avoid confrontation
15%
car driver, he was in the wrong and shouldn't have got abusive
8%
stander by, it was none of his business and he resorted to raising his voice and insults
No votes
you weren't an arsehole at all you could both have been fined heavily
8%
fuck the state fuck roads and fuck paying for car parking
23%
I think you were right but I'm voting you 'cos I want your dick
No votes
fuck off with your attention seeking poll, only Nuke should be allowed to make attention seeking polls, Nuke's polls are best polls.
46%
Even Hash gets more votes than your stupid poll
No votes
chicken fuckers the lot of you
No votes

Total votes: 13

Fife

Re: Who was the biggest arsehole?

Post by Fife » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:26 am

:lol:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:33 am

Great rebuttal. I'm going to change my whole perspective now some anarcho-capitalist has laughed at me.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:36 am

Just learn some high school economics and you needn't fret about what I say or do.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:39 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:23 am
They clearly are. Without car parks the streets would be blocked by parked cars and you'd get the sort of situations the stop a douchebag movement fights against in Russia where self-entitled pricks hold up traffic by double parking and inconvenience others without a second thought. The most common excuse they use is ''there's nowhere to park''.
If you provide only private car parking with a profit motive everybody pays more, the fines are larger and the high street suffers because people give up going into town centres.
A public good is both non-excludable and non-rivalrous. A car park is both excludable and rivalrous.

An excludable resource is one where it is possible to prevent people who have not paid for it to use it. You yourself have demonstrated that this car park is excludable.

A rivalrous resource is one where consumption by one person excludes consumption by another. This also is true in the case of a car park, since parking your vehicle in a spot removes that parking spot from the total capacity of the parking garage.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:52 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:39 am
Montegriffo wrote:
They clearly are. Without car parks the streets would be blocked by parked cars and you'd get the sort of situations the stop a douchebag movement fights against in Russia where self-entitled pricks hold up traffic by double parking and inconvenience others without a second thought. The most common excuse they use is ''there's nowhere to park''.
If you provide only private car parking with a profit motive everybody pays more, the fines are larger and the high street suffers because people give up going into town centres.
A public good is both non-excludable and non-rivalrous. A car park is both excludable and rivalrous.

An excludable resource is one where it is possible to prevent people who have not paid for it to use it. You yourself have demonstrated that this car park is excludable.

A rivalrous resource is one where consumption by one person excludes consumption by another. This also is true in the case of a car park, since parking your vehicle in a spot removes that parking spot from the total capacity of the parking garage.
OK. Then I'll change my wording to ''public car parks provide a useful public resource''.
Depriving them of funds dishonestly may be edgy but it is not advantageous to the public at large.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am

oilfields are a public good

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:52 am
Montegriffo wrote:

OK. Then I'll change my wording to ''public car parks provide a useful public resource''.
Depriving them of funds dishonestly may be edgy but it is not advantageous to the public at large.
I wouldn't call it dishonest either. If the police asked him whether he did it and he lied, then that would be dishonest.

I think your problem here is that you confuse legality with morality.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:02 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:09 am
Lame.
If you don't address what is wrong with an argument you are just creating spam and wasting electricity.
Some public run things are good, like libraries, therefore everything run by the public is good. That’s some world class reasoning right there.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:03 am

Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:52 am

I wouldn't call it dishonest either. If the police asked him whether he did it and he lied, then that would be dishonest.

I think your problem here is that you confuse legality with morality.
I think I've put forward a case that his offer was both illegal and immoral.
You may not agree but to suggest that I don't understand the difference is bordering on an ad-hom fallacy.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:15 am

Hastur wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:02 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:09 am
Lame.
If you don't address what is wrong with an argument you are just creating spam and wasting electricity.
Some public run things are good, like libraries, therefore everything run by the public is good. That’s some world class reasoning right there.
Well, if at any point I had suggested that you might have a point rather than a strawman.
What I think is that the benefits of having a well funded local government outweigh the negatives of some of the dumb things they spend resources on. Therefore deliberately depriving them of resources (no matter how small) is against the public's best interests.
I turned down a small (selfish) benefit to myself in order to make a point about a benefit to all who use public services. The guy who offered me the use of his ticket was so upset that his virtue signalling had been dismissed by my virtue signalling that he lost his cool. As did the bystander who was loudly virtue signalling his support for the first guy's virtue signalling.
But somehow I'm still the biggest arsehole.
Like I say, It's baffling to me.